Chelsea1082

That Sterling Incident

21 minutes ago, Chelsea1082 said:

Absolute embarrassment to even use such racial abuse. Doesn’t matter who it is to, it just isn’t right. Puts this club to shame and must be given a lifetime ban right away.

Ok, what exactly was said then? So far the only ‘evidence’ is a video without sound. 

I’m not condoning it if it was indeed what’s it’s being said it is but this is Chelsea and there is always a witch hunt out for us whenever racism is concerned. 

I seem to remember a banana being thrown at a player last week in a 100% racist attack. Funnily enough I’ve heard more about the one today than last weeks. 

30 minutes ago, Chelsea1082 said:

Absolute embarrassment to even use such racial abuse. Doesn’t matter who it is to, it just isn’t right. Puts this club to shame and must be given a lifetime ban right away.

I know Manchester is a sh*thole, but since when is calling someone a Manc, racial abuse. 

3 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

I know Manchester is a sh*thole, but since when is calling someone a Manc, racial abuse. 

Could be Manc. Could be black.

I imagine it's more likely it's Manc. I've only ever heard someone shout racial abuse at the bridge once in the last 5 years. I've heard the word Manc a lot. I use it. 

Don't tend to use the word c**t, prefer prick. 

Find the video a bit embarrassing though. It's sterling, not someone that deserves that much hatred. 

Some triggered person on Twitter got very angry with me, for suggesting it’s not clear cut what was said, but if it was racial abuse, then the fans deserve lifetime bans. That was enough for someone to insult me and call me a racist apologist hahaha, I guess innocent until proven guilty is a concept lost on modern society. You are not a lip reading expert my friend, neither are Rio Ferdinand, Ian Wright, or Gary Linekar, who seem desperate to push this narrative that racism in football is on the rise, even when in this case they have no proof. Listen, if it’s proven that it’s racism, the idiots will get everything they deserve, until then stop calling it racist abuse without proof.

Edited by Floyd25

Why are the likes of Iain Wright and so many others calling this racism? Look, I'm really bad at lip reading I'll be honest, but I just can't make out what the guy is saying. It doesn't look nice, but how can anyone be sure that was racism? I can't hear a word and I can't make out at all what the guy is saying. 

It's pretty clear

Sterling, did you hear someone call you a black c**t?

Sterling: yes, I remember that.

Ban him

Sterling: I don't remember that

Don't ban him, club make it clear that you will be writing to those fans reminding them not to be so embarrassing in future. 

(And don't report what sterling said. Because it's not fair on him - a good kid who has suffered racist abuse by the media that often pays Wright and Ferdinand to write columns).

Edited by benjsross

5 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Why are the likes of Iain Wright and so many others calling this racism? Look, I'm really bad at lip reading I'll be honest, but I just can't make out what the guy is saying. It doesn't look nice, but how can anyone be sure that was racism? I can't hear a word and I can't make out at all what the guy is saying. 

1 The media love to attack Chelsea

2 The media love Saint Pep

There are somewhat 5 people in the first row there shouting at Sterling, couple of more at the back, should the club ban for life all those fans that would be some kind of a record I bet.

Some days ago when Spurs played Arsenal someone from Spurs threw a banana at Aubameyang and he's fine I didn't read anywhere that he got a life ban.

There are somewhat 5 people in the first row there shouting at Sterling, couple of more at the back, should the club ban for life all those fans that would be some kind of a record I bet.

Some days ago when Spurs played Arsenal someone from Spurs threw a banana at Aubameyang and he's fine I didn't read anywhere that he got a life ban.

He did get banned but not anything like a life ban.

I've watched it about 20 times and I really can't make out what he's saying, how can people be so sure he said "black c***" ?? He could've said "manc c***" for all we know. There are like 6 people there at the front screaming it and one of the fellas was a black man, I'm sure if he had shouted "black c***" the black bloke would've at the very least looked over in disbelief but nothing. 

Of course the lip reading race pimping experts like Wrighty and Ferdinand will know though...  

53 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I've watched it about 20 times and I really can't make out what he's saying, how can people be so sure he said "black c***" ?? He could've said "manc c***" for all we know. There are like 6 people there at the front screaming it and one of the fellas was a black man, I'm sure if he had shouted "black c***" the black bloke would've at the very least looked over in disbelief but nothing. 

Of course the lip reading race pimping experts like Wrighty and Ferdinand will know though...  

Exactly this. I think it's wrong for Ferdinand and Wright to just shout racism like this without definite proof.

Okay, I must have watched it about 50 times now, and the more I watch it, the harder it is to tell. 

It's either "manc c***" or "black c***". The problem is that I can see both if I am looking for it.

Either way, the guy looks completely ridiculous. Some people go too far with abuse at football matches.

Edited by Scott Harris