Sign in to follow this  
DannyVblue

Nicolo Barella

1 hour ago, Raff_Sarrista said:

Honestly I don't understand, you need a different type of midfielder, like Milinkovic Savic. 

I agree.  We still don’t have anyone who plays like Hamsik did for Sarri.  I’m a Kovacic fan but I’d like him more as a rotational starter between LCM and RCM.  I think Milinkovic-Savic would completely transform our midfield and add plenty of goals.

The problem is, if we want Mount to have a chance, we couldn’t make a signing like SMS.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

The Italians are getting excited about a very talented group of youngsters coming through at the moment - the best young  crop of players they’ve had in years. And Barella probably sits top of that list containing the likes of Chiesa, bernadeschi, Tonali, romagnoli, donnarumma.

I’d already have him over Barkley, plus he can also play the Jorginho role.

I'm not convinced personally, I think the upcoming generation may actually be worse than the previous generation. I think the best talent they have is Rugani, for me Barella is just one of the best from a bad bunch.

image.png.69d405066486cc132eec69427e279b3d.png

Edited by the special one

8 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Like the sound of this guy, not as well as kovacic though, all we need is 5 players to fill the 3 positions. Kante, jorginho, Barella, RLC, barkley. I cant see many circumstances when more than 2 would be injured, in the unusual circumstance that this did happen we always have luiz that can step into midfield or could temporarily change formation to a 4-2-3-1. Over fill the positions and players that dont get played will always get pi$$ed off and want out.

The amount of goals in that midfield would be criminal. Barella will be a welcome addition but Barkley & RLC aren’t gonna get us the creativity we need. 

I would ship Barkley out and depending on Mount’s readiness get an attacking mid in. 

Midfield of Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, Barella seems a good one to have. With Cesc leaving us, we definitely need another player to put in the Jorginho role who has somewhat dwindled since the beginning of the season, and Barella seems a good fit.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, PimpThanos said:

Midfield of Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, Barella seems a good one to have. With Cesc leaving us, we definitely need another player to put in the Jorginho role who has somewhat dwindled since the beginning of the season, and Barella seems a good fit.

The new Mikel :yay:

1 minute ago, the special one said:

Play him with Jorginho please - double pivot 4-2-1-3 ::HeAdS:::

I was joking, Amadou isn't player for Chelsea, he has steam irons instead of feet. But if you want buy, as Napoli supporter i am happy. :wink:

4 hours ago, PimpThanos said:

I would prefer Jorginho, Kante, RLC, Kovacic, and Aoaur, with Ampadu also an option.

I don't particularly rate Barkley, he doesn't look like a top level player in my opinion, I haven't seen much of Barella, he looks too similar to kovacic.

I've seen a fair bit of Aoaur and while he could play any of the 3 roles in midfield, I think he would offer us some much needed guile in the final 3rd.

Milinkovic Savic seems very over priced at £80m odd, and he hasnt really replicated last season's form.

4 minutes ago, Master&Commander said:

Barella is an half winger  not a playmaker. leave him to Napoli. Thanks

You're a Napoli fan, right? how do you rate Barella? Have you seen him play much? I watched the Poland vs Italy match and he was the best player on the pitch.

1 minute ago, DannyVblue said:

You're a Napoli fan, right? how do you rate Barella? Have you seen him play much? I watched the Poland vs Italy match and he was the best player on the pitch.

He's the best young italian player, first he has very big personality in the pitch, but also tecnique, run, intensity, he is  very very good player.

Posted (edited)

Spending that money for a defensive midfielder, despite offensive problems, would be a very very stupid signing for me. I like Barella, but he would be just a Kante's backup. It's really surprising that Napoli and Chelsea who have best DMs in the world are trying to sign him, maybe it's fault of parisien pressure for both of them. 

Edited by Raff_Sarrista

I think young Italian players are reluctant to leave Italy for some reason. This is why I'm always very cautious of these rumours. 

This would be a signing to replace Cesc. To be fair he is much more a backup for Jorginho. Jorg can't pass like Cesc. From what I've read and seen he can recover the ball and make smart short passes like Jorginho. 

Probably a hybrid of Kante and Jorginho is a better comparison.

From what I have read isn't afraid to tackle which have resulted as cards. 

2 minutes ago, evissy said:

I think young Italian players are reluctant to leave Italy for some reason. This is why I'm always very cautious of these rumours. 

This would be a signing to replace Cesc. To be fair he is much more a backup for Jorginho. Jorg can't pass like Cesc. From what I've read and seen he can recover the ball and make smart short passes like Jorginho. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 minute ago, evissy said:

That is his role in the team. Jorginho was 50m and doesn't score or make assists. Barella is pretty similar. 

Exactly, it just doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm. We'll keep the ball but still do f**k all with it.

9 minutes ago, evissy said:

Barella scored 6 goals in 34 apps for Cagliari in serie a last season. Not bad for a 20 year old playing for a struggling Cagliari team.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

Barella scored 6 goals in 34 apps for Cagliari in serie a last season. Not bad for a 20 year old playing for a struggling Cagliari team.

Gerrard scored goals for Liverpool, they still won f**k all. A midfield with Barella isn't much better than Liverpool's 10/11 squad imho.