Sign in to follow this  
DannyVblue

Nicolo Barella

5 minutes ago, the special one said:

Exactly, it just doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm. We'll keep the ball but still do f**k all with it.

If our strikers and attackers score and the whole team plays as a fluid machine no need for Jorg to score. 

2 minutes ago, the special one said:

Gerrard scored goals for Liverpool, they still won f**k all. A midfield with Barella isn't much better than Liverpool's 10/11 squad imho.

We have a Napoli fan above who I'm sure watches a lot more Italian football than both of us, and he rates Barella very highly. And he's not the only one. He's already a starter for the Italian national team and also only 21 so he has loads of time to improve. I'd personally be happy with the signing.

Posted (edited)

I always wanted to register and post here because I'm a Chelsea fan since I was a kid even thought I live in Italy, but I only lurked a lot. There seems to be a lot of confusion about Barella: some words come in my mind about him. PASSING I read he makes only short passing like Jorginho, this guy has a sick long passing even thought he may miss that last pass between the defences that we need right now. SHOOTING o my god barella coordination and shooting is unbelievable, he reminds (not only in shooting) Dejan Stankovic. The only reason he scored not so many goals is because he plays for the less offensive team in Serie A, Cagliari team is in the offensive half of the pitch maybe 10 minutes per games, yet he scored a lot of goals for a 20 year old mf. PERSONALITY he sweat bloods for his team like no one else in serie A, that's the reason I think he will do well in premier league. YOUNG i don't think he's already mature, he sometimes get stupid red card and usually can't read the game phase very well. Considering all of this he will be a great sign, but my concerns as a lot of you mentioned is that I can't see him in a midfield with Jorginho Kante, we still miss that offensive midfielder. 

Edited by Giorgio

2 minutes ago, Giorgio said:

I always wanted to register and post here because I'm a Chelsea fan since I was a kid even thought I live in Italy, but I only lurked a lot. There seems to be a lot of confusion about Barella: some words come in my mind about him. PASSING I read he makes only short passing like Jorginho, this guy has a sick long passing even thought he may miss that last pass between the defences that we need right now. SHOOTING o my god barella coordination and shooting is unbelievable, he reminds (not only in shooting) Dejan Stankovic. The only reason he scored not so many goals is because he plays for the less offensive team in Serie A, Cagliari team is in the offensive half of the pitch maybe 10 minutes per games, yet he scored a lot of goals for a 20 year old mf. PERSONALITY he sweat bloods for his team like no one else in serie A, that's the reason I think he will do well in premier league. YOUNG i don't think he's already mature, he sometimes get stupid red card and usually can't read the game phase very well. Considering all of this he will be a great sign he's definitely the best young Italian midfielder and in Serie A, yet in a generation with a lack of talent, but my concerns as a lot of you mentioned is that I can't see him in a midfield with Jorginho Kante, we still miss that offensive midfielder. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Giorgio said:

I always wanted to register and post here because I'm a Chelsea fan since I was a kid even thought I live in Italy, but I only lurked a lot. There seems to be a lot of confusion about Barella: some words come in my mind about him. PASSING I read he makes only short passing like Jorginho, this guy has a sick long passing even thought he may miss that last pass between the defences that we need right now. SHOOTING o my god barella coordination and shooting is unbelievable, he reminds (not only in shooting) Dejan Stankovic. The only reason he scored not so many goals is because he plays for the less offensive team in Serie A, Cagliari team is in the offensive half of the pitch maybe 10 minutes per games, yet he scored a lot of goals for a 20 year old mf. PERSONALITY he sweat bloods for his team like no one else in serie A, that's the reason I think he will do well in premier league. YOUNG i don't think he's already mature, he sometimes get stupid red card and usually can't read the game phase very well. Considering all of this he will be a great sign, but my concerns as a lot of you mentioned is that I can't see him in a midfield with Jorginho Kante, we still miss that offensive midfielder. 

Thanks for posting Giorgio, welcome to the forum (ignore me and my pessimism haha)

Edited by the special one

14 hours ago, Giorgio said:

Thanks for posting! I think he is very exciting player but just to deputise Jorginho I'm not sure if 21 yr old player should do that. 

If we don't sign Kovacic maybe signing Barella makes sense. I like that he is sort of lion on the pitch. Kind of like Gattuso. 

47 minutes ago, evissy said:

Thanks for posting! I think he is very exciting player but just to deputise Jorginho I'm not sure if 21 yr old player should do that. 

If we don't sign Kovacic maybe signing Barella makes sense. I like that he is sort of lion on the pitch. Kind of like Gattuso. 

I agree, from watching some of his highlights, he looks to be more fit for the LCM role replacing Kovacic.  But it looks like he has good work rate and tackling ability, so it's possible he could play Kante's role too.