coco

Chelsea v Leicester City (PL) Sat 22nd Dec 15:00 UK

2 minutes ago, DukesOfHazard said:

Slow predictable football isnt Sarri's style, the players for some reason cant seem to translate his ideas into an actual performance yet but this is only 3 months in to a huge change in playing style and a change in playing personel is going to be needed before we see the finished product.

Then why not adapt? Cuz like this we aint getting top 4 thats for sure.

Too slow. What happened to the pressing and quick passing? It's just all slow slow sideways backwards, going nowhere. We desperately need an actual striker who can get us goals when we need them. Arsenal and Spurs have the fire pwoer up front which will see them get top 4 ahead of us.

It’s not working Sarri, it’s pass for the sake of passing with no end product, flicks and tricks with no penetration and we’ve seen that in far too many games. Willian, Alonso and even Hazard with really poor finishes today, Sarri not to blame for that, but he is to blame for picking out of form players, he needs to be brave and drop some of the so called stars and it’s clear as day that we need a big window next summer. I don’t want to be overly pessimistic, but I’d say prepare for a Liverpool title win and Europa league football, God I hope not, fun times ahead. 

Edited by Floyd25

1 minute ago, Ballack & Blu said:

We aint been to clever for a while now, need to play Kante in his proper position, alongside either Cesc or Jorginho......sort it Mr Sarri

That wouldn’t have made a difference in this match as Leicester were sat deep.

When was the last time we had a striker, that every time he got the ball, everyone stood up in the terraces?  Drogba?  Costa?  No one since.  Its obvious we need to spend in this coming transfer period.  

Watching us play through our own half is great to watch, but there's no one that puts fear into the opposition in the final 1/3.  When we break, Willian insists on holding up the play so the opposition can get back into position, losing the initiative.  It's not good enough.  Play players that are hungry, like HO.

Edited by GarfyB

Just now, DukesOfHazard said:

Under a different manager who will be trying to implement his own ideas not Sarri's napoli who Pep said were the best team he has every played against.

Yeah I know, I think I just meant if Napoli's performance v Liverpool was Sarri's legacy I'm not impressed. Yet again we've been beaten by an opponent who knew how we were going to play before we even stepped on the pitch.

Kepa - 8/10 - Made some important saves
Alonso - 6/10 - How did he not score?
Rudiger - 6/10
Luiz - 6.5/10
Azpilicueta - 6/10
Jorginho - 4/10 - Contributed basically nothing in either direction. Makes Fabregas look like Usain Bolt.
Kante - 5/10 - Gave the ball away a lot and generally ineffective.
Kovacic - 6.5/10
Willian - 5/10 - Poor
Hazard - 6/10 - Dispossessed a lot more than usual. Playing as a striker just isn't the answer
Pedro - 4/10 - Awful

Subs:

Giroud - 5.5/10
Loftus-Cheek - 5/10
Fabregas - 4.5/10 - Came on to provide us with better passing and if anything it was worse

1 minute ago, atomis said:

Plus a Whole another League.......you just cannot compare. We would do much better in serie A, not in epl. The speed of pur play is so slow and predictable that no matter the opponent they always back in numbers and settled in........and we scream come'on Eden do your magic.

I just think we need some patience, we can see the team trying to change their style and is it perfect yet no but its a work in progress.

People called out on here for some stability in the club instead of the chop and change managerial merry go round, not to mention the park the bus football we are used to yet here we are with people calling for Sarri to abandon his philisophies becuase 3 months in we are in the top 4 of the league, league cup semi finals and finished top of europa group. We clearly hired him for what he brought to napoli but again this took time and with no DOF to help get this across to the board and into signings and a few players who just arent clicking with it yet, again time and patience rome wasnt built in a day or 3months

Highly disappointing result, made even worse by City dropping points to Palace and Liverpool pulling further ahead. The build up play is just too slow, there is a complete lack of urgency; these were the same issues we were having in Conte's final few months. Our next 3 fixtures are away to Watford and Palace, and home to Southampton. 7 points out of 9 is a minimum to keep in touch. Hopefully the board back Sarri in January; going through the second half of the season without a striker is absolute madness.

2 minutes ago, the special one said:

Yeah I know, I think I just meant if Napoli's performance v Liverpool was Sarri's legacy I'm not impressed. Yet again we've been beaten by an opponent who knew how we were going to play before we even stepped on the pitch.

His legacy...so you wouldn't be impressed by mourinho becuase of our last season under him?

Not sure we deserved the loss, but games like these are inevitable until we bring in a goalscorer or two. Leicester made it difficult for sure, but we broke the lines 4 or 5 times (excluding the set piece chances) and our forwards didn't have the finishing touch.

The midfield didn't work today, and that should've been predictable. Jorginho and Kovacic are superb in quick possession, they can combine and break beautifully out of a high press, but Leicester never did - instead always regrouping to defend deep. We were left with three central midfielders, none of whom are natural chance creaters/goalscorers, in front of a packed line, repeatedly switching play hoping our front three create something from nothing. In fairness, Hazard managed to several times, but the finish just wasn't there.

Again we were exposed to a counter with Jorginho in the hole, as he can't tackle. And as incisive as Leicester's goal was, with Kante in that spot I don't see the cut inside that started the move ever happening.

Frustrating to see the same problems every week. Hardly a disastrous match, but I never felt like we were going to see an equalizer after conceding, and that's not where we should be at home against any side.

The sh*t we just saw is indefensible.......its chritmas, you know its a battle for top 4 and your home to a weakened LC and this is what the manager and team serve up. Its not just one bad game either like city today......im just lost for Words how we can look so slow and desireless......I dont know any tongue I can explain it with.

This system just doesn't suit some players.

Kante, I don't care what anybody says, he looks like a headless chicken in this formation, it's not working. One good half against Man City changes nothing.

Willian and Alonso, holding us back, sorry but it's the truth. When the ball lands at either of these players feet, more often than not, it goes nowhere.

Hazard is half the player in this role, move him to the wing and play a striker up front. I know we have poor options, but I f**king hate this false 9 or whatever the f**k people want to call it.

And the team as a whole, passing is too sideways, nobody is forcing things, approach to games all wrong, we don't test the keeper enough, we rarely get clear cut chances. We play like an Italian team trying to play in the Premier League. Tiki Taka is sh*t, boring, lifeless football. Direct football has always been the best way forward in the Premier League, and I don't mean booting it up to the striker. Even Pep Guardiola has ditched the tiki taka football, his approach is much more direct these days. Liverpool, Tottenham and even Arsenal this season are the same. What team has succeded in the Premier League playing tiki taka style of football? I can't think of any.

4 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

It’s not working Sarri, it’s pass for the sake of passing with no end product, flicks and tricks with no penetration and we’ve seen that in far too many games. Willian, Alonso and even Hazard with really poor finishes today, Sarri not to blame for that, but he is to blame for picking out of form players, he needs to be brave and drop some of the so called stars and it’s clear as day that we need a big window next summer. I don’t want to be overly pessimistic, but I’d say prepare for a Liverpool title and Europa league football for us again, fun times ahead. 

Drop some of the "stars" for whom? lol you seen the bench? Who do you pick from that. As much as I would like to see Hudson-Odoi for e.g, he isn't going to change the game. Loftus-Cheek should likely start over Kova or Barkley, maybe, but that's about it. Giroud is poor. Cesc is good off the bench or against lesser opposition, but sooner or later he'll make mistakes and people will berate him too. Compare who City can bring off the bench, it's night and day. We don't have enough genuine game changers either starting or on the bench. 

I think it's a bit early for people to be saying "Sarriball" doesn't work in the league. As others have mentioned, Sarri came in quite late in the summer and it is still his first season which tends to be the "analysis" season for most managers. Klopp and Pep didn't have City and Liverpool playing like this in one season. I think as Chelsea fans we have become too spoiled with instant success where the manager wins the title in his first season. Some of the comments here are giving me the impression that some fans already want him out which is absolutely disgraceful

The way we are playing at the moment we are losing to both Watford and Crystal Palace. I agree that we should prepare for Europa League again this year.  As much as i am pissed off with Sarri as well today, i hope the board backs him up in the summer window, we need a major overhaul of the squad, too many poor, complacent and old players with no motivation. I would sell Hazard to Madrid for an obscene amount and build a team, we need money and in the last few years board showed no ambition, proper plan or strategy for the future. Fail next summer and long suffering awaits for us, the fans.

So a typical melt-down in here.  A lot of you people need to mellow down instead.  Some days it just ain't gonna be your day.  I knew that when a ball going out for a corner hit the flag pole and bounced back off Alonso for a goal kick.

Willy-whiners, tell me how he was worse than Hazard or Pedro today.  Ruben was worse when he came on.

Just accept it lads, sh*t happens.

Still, we can blame Willian and Luiz and Alonso for the Leicester goal, can't we?  Oh, wait a minute.  No, I dont think we can.

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

I think it's a bit early for people to be saying "Sarriball" doesn't work in the league. As others have mentioned, Sarri came in quite late in the summer and it is still his first season which tends to be the "analysis" season for most managers. Klopp and Pep didn't have City and Liverpool playing like this in one season. I think as Chelsea fans we have become too spoiled with instant success where the manager wins the title in his first season. Some of the comments here are giving me the impression that some fans already want him out which is absolutely disgraceful

Agreed! 3months into what can only be described as the strongest EPL i can remember and were 4th. Some agames aren't perfect like today but thats life.

4 minutes ago, DukesOfHazard said:

I just think we need some patience, we can see the team trying to change their style and is it perfect yet no but its a work in progress.

People called out on here for some stability in the club instead of the chop and change managerial merry go round, not to mention the park the bus football we are used to yet here we are with people calling for Sarri to abandon his philisophies becuase 3 months in we are in the top 4 of the league, league cup semi finals and finished top of europa group. We clearly hired him for what he brought to napoli but again this took time and with no DOF to help get this across to the board and into signings and a few players who just arent clicking with it yet, again time and patience rome wasnt built in a day or 3months

Patience is one thing.......but getting there is another matter. Again im not saying sack the man.........but he clearly neeeds to adapt cuz this will give him the the sack at some point. And Again we are paying for the boards lack of vision that will most likely prove to be lethal. Can you say we are slowly but surely getting more stable and better? Or is it the opposite? The latter for me.