Club finances and general CFC news

37 minutes ago, enigma said:

Joe Cole to take up coaching role at the club with the youth academy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/27/joe-cole-take-coaching-role-chelsea-academy/

All we need now is Didier to come home as Director of Football, Frankie to find the fountain of youth and sign a new 10 year playing contract, and Kezman to return, to a nice job in the Megastore.

6 minutes ago, MKBlue said:

All we need now is Didier to come home as Director of Football, Frankie to find the fountain of youth and sign a new 10 year playing contract, and Kezman to return, to a nice job in the Megastore.

I’d have Ballack for the DoF for no real reason I can fathom other than the fact he’s German so I stereotypically think he’ll be efficient at the job. 

Imagine if even half of these are true:

Willian  £65m from Barca turned down

Alonso £45m from Real Madrid turned down, he is sh*t and yet board renews him!

Luiz £30m from PSG turned down (he will now leave on a free)

Cesc £25m we turned down from AC Milan (we MIGHT get £10m this January for him, or he leaves on a free in summer)

Morata £55m from AC Milan turned down, value has plummeted like US stock market since

Eden Hazard  £175m turned down from Real Madrid (we said £200m or no deal) (tricky as he has carried us, BUT we will get only £100m MAX in summer, or he will leave on a free in 2020. We will have to eat the free if we have transfer bans, as we cannot replace him in summer. If we still sell, we are destroying the club literally a year early. Way to go Marina!)

Drinkwater we turned down £20m from both West Ham and CP, They only offered that little because his £120K per week contract is outrageous.

Moses we turned down £20m from Everton and West Ham (had high value cuz of really good WC)

Azpi  we turned down £45m from Barca

Cahill  we turned down £20m from Aston Villa, now he may leave on a free or for much less

Bats  £40m from Borussia Dortmund turned down

Zouma, we turned down £25m from Everton, loaned instead

Marco van Ginkel  £10m from PSV turned down, now he blew his knee out

Kenedy   we turned down £15m from Newcastle (that would have doubled out money on him, btw)

Bakayoko  we trurned down £30m from Milan for him, loaned instead

Edited by atomis
9 minutes ago, atomis said:

Cesc £25m we turned down from AC Milan (we MIGHT get £10m this January for him, or he leaves on a free in summer)

Morata £55m from AC Milan turned down, value has plummeted like US stock market since

Eden Hazard  £175m turned down from Real Madrid (we said £200m or no deal) (tricky as he has carried us, BUT we will get only £100m MAX in summer, or he will leave on a free in 2020. We will have to eat the free if we have transfer bans, as we cannot replace him in summer. If we still sell, we are destroying the club literally a year early. Way to go Marina!)

Drinkwater we turned down £20m from both West Ham and CP, They only offered that little because his £120K per week contract is outrageous.

Moses we turned down £20m from Everton and West Ham (had high value cuz of really good WC)

Cahill  we turned down £20m from Aston Villa, now he may leave on a free or for much less

Kenedy   we turned down £15m from Newcastle (that would have doubled out money on him, btw)

Willian and Batshuayi looked real enough, missed opportunities.

15 hours ago, atomis said:

But none of them are true.  You just made up players, teams and number combinations to have another sad dig at the club.

Show me the proof that ANY of those offers were actually made.

5 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

But none of them are true.  You just made up players, teams and number combinations to have another sad dig at the club.

Willian to Barcelona was a real bid many sources reported that, and since Chelsea signed Michy for 40m it's maybe realistic that Dortmund offered the same amount so that Chelsea gets back their invested money.

Hazard to Real Madrid is real as well and not even a secret.

Just because it didn't happen it doesn't mean there was nothing there.

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Willian to Barcelona was a real bid many sources reported that, and since Chelsea signed Michy for 40m it's maybe realistic that Dortmund offered the same amount so that Chelsea gets back their invested money.

Hazard to Real Madrid is real as well and not even a secret.

Just because it didn't happen it doesn't mean there was nothing there.

Barcelona said in the media that there was no bid at all, if we had signed every player sources reported were done deals we would have  squad of about 200 first team players.

27 minutes ago, dkw said:

Barcelona said in the media that there was no bid at all, if we had signed every player sources reported were done deals we would have  squad of about 200 first team players.

Multiple sources said that Barcelona indeed wanted Willian but that Chelsea didn't want to sell. Even Willian said that his future was unsure at the time.

Saying that all rumors are invented is just as ridiculous as saying that all are true. Rumors about players joining months before they actually joined is enough proof that some were real, but to think that just because a transfer didn't happen that there was no activity is being silly.

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Hold your horses there partner........none of these are from me, hence I said imagine if there are true. You just cannot help yourself can you. And barca wanted Willy and he himself confirmed it.

Edited by atomis
7 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Every club in the world would like Hazard. Doesn't mean they've all bid for him.

Thats not the same is it my man........Willy said there was big interest from barca. And at the time most media claimed such a thing, when Willy confirmed it then it must have been true. Not all rumors are BS, some just might be true.

16 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

AND both clubs, and the player denied that any such thing had happened.

This Willian fanboy getting annoying...

Ok mate believe in what you want million people got it all wrong only you know everything I get it Willian is the best player game in game out according to you...lol

On 29/12/2018 at 05:32, atomis said:

Willian  £65m from Barca turned down - There's no conclusive proof a bid was made; if one was made it would have almost certainly been half of this given that he's a slowly declining 30 year old - and thanks to the idiotic shortened transfer window we may not been able to replace him properly. 

Alonso £45m from Real Madrid turned down, he is sh*t and yet board renews him! - Again, conclusive evidence? Seems very high for a LB/LWB, even by Real Madrid's standards. He would have also played second-fiddle to Marcelo in a 4-man formation, which may not have interested him. 

Luiz £30m from PSG turned down (he will now leave on a free) - So PSG wanted to buy-back a centre-back they were all too happy to offload 2 years ago, even though he's 2 years older? Also, PSG as of recent years only obtain over-30's on free transfers (Dani Alves/Buffon/Lassana Diarra) so I'm very dubious about this source.

Cesc £25m we turned down from AC Milan (we MIGHT get £10m this January for him, or he leaves on a free in summer) - Any proof? AC Milan have issues RE FFP and so wouldn't want to pay more for an ageing, declining Cesc than absolutely necessary.

Morata £55m from AC Milan turned down, value has plummeted like US stock market since - Again, AC Milan's FFP problems make me question the validity of this rumour. Also, it would smash their transfer record.

Eden Hazard  £175m turned down from Real Madrid (we said £200m or no deal) (tricky as he has carried us, BUT we will get only £100m MAX in summer, or he will leave on a free in 2020. We will have to eat the free if we have transfer bans, as we cannot replace him in summer. If we still sell, we are destroying the club literally a year early. Way to go Marina!) - Even if a bid of this nature was made, we wouldn't be in the Top 4 without Eden, plus the truncated transfer window would have made replacing him properly incredibly difficult. Blame the idiotic transfer window (which Chelsea admittedly voted for) more than the board.

Drinkwater we turned down £20m from both West Ham and CP, They only offered that little because his £120K per week contract is outrageous. - Would have been a very high bid by either club's standards given that Drinkwater was a 30+ year old bench-warmer who hardly had a great season for Chelsea. In particular Crystal Palace spent nowhere near that amount for any one player this season.

Moses we turned down £20m from Everton and West Ham (had high value cuz of really good WC) - RE West Ham, same issue. Everton is a bit more plausible but even now Walcott has more end product than Moses as a winger and Coleman is a better RB. Not sure he'd really fit into Silva's plans that well.

Azpi  we turned down £45m from Barca - You think it would have been a good idea to sell a fan-favourite and one of this club's best players for the last 5 seasons?

Cahill  we turned down £20m from Aston Villa, now he may leave on a free or for much less - That fee would easily set a Championship record. Extremely difficult for me to believe that it was ever made.

Bats  £40m from Borussia Dortmund turned down - That would well and truly smash their transfer record if true. Again difficult to believe. 

Zouma, we turned down £25m from Everton, loaned instead - Possible given their new-found wealth. Source?

Marco van Ginkel  £10m from PSV turned down, now he blew his knee out - Very high by their standards, particularly for a CM/CAM. Source?

Kenedy   we turned down £15m from Newcastle (that would have doubled out money on him, btw) - Would come close to breaking their transfer record - Mike Ashley is a cheap bastard, so I doubt a bid this high was ever made. 

Bakayoko  we trurned down £30m from Milan for him, loaned instead - They only paid just over 20 million pounds for Kessie, who unlike Bakayoko didn't have a poor season beforehand. It's likely they wanted to try before buying given the aforementioned issues regarding FFP and transfer records. The loan also has an option for a purchase written into it. 

Can you provide reliable sources for any of these rumours (i.e - not The Sun/Daily Mail/Mirror)?

As it is, I've addressed them in bold above.  

Put simply, I'm sceptical the bids above were made, or if they were made were as high as stated, with the possible exception of Zouma's. 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

This Willian fanboy getting annoying...

Ok mate believe in what you want million people got it all wrong only you know everything I get it Willian is the best player game in game out according to you...lol

Prick - and sarcasm needs to be done well or not at all.  Your's was not done well.

30 minutes ago, DaRick said:

Can you provide reliable sources for any of these rumours (i.e - not The Sun/Daily Mail/Mirror)?

As it is, I've addressed them in bold above.  

Put simply, I'm sceptical the bids above were made, or if they were made were as high as stated, with the possible exception of Zouma's. 

Are you going and being all rational and sensible, mate?  You KNOW those values are accurate, because the original bloke made them all up himself, so he knows that they are true.  AND, he saw it on twatter, as well.

AND, all I asked for was any proof at all that ANY of those figures quoted, or even the chance of an offer for those players from those or any other club was made, and it's been silent in that front ever since, excepyt some muppet jumped in and said it all must be true because he read it somewhere.

Edited by yorkleyblue

5 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Sorry to be that guy, but Drinkwater is still only 28. 

Sloppy fact-checking on my end strikes again, I see.

Apology accepted. :good2:

Makes the alleged amount a bit more believable, but even then it's a high bid by West Ham's standards and as @yorkleyblue noted there's no conclusive evidence that any offer was made. A loan with an option to buy would sound more plausible given the circumstances (not a great prior season, so try before you buy).