BellettiBullet

Callum Wilson

In Eddie Howe’s words, when asked if Callum Wilson would leave Bournemouth in January, he said “not from my perspective,” which comes across as “we don’t want to sell him,” rather than “we WON’T sell for ANY price.”

I genuinely think if we were to submit a good offer, Wilson would want to come.

Reminds me of the Demba Ba deal a bit for the sole reason that I can see us wrapping this one up early in January.

Of course, he isn’t going to be anywhere near Ba’s fee.

Not sure what I make of £30 million.

For a striker from a rival club in January, it doesn’t seem too bad...I just don’t know with transfer fees anymore.

Like I said in the now missing thread he’s had a reconstruction  on both knees. Not sure that’s what we should be looking for. On the other hand I thought Danny Drinkwater would be ok so what do I know. 

Don’t want we need to stop collecting averaging forwards. We have 4 forwards on our book that cost £120m, the manager needs to assess the remaining 2 and make a decision come summer if we need to clear the deck. 

Giroud & Morata are clearly not good enough, get rid of both and recall both Tammy & Batshuayi and assess them till the summer. We aren’t going anywhere with Wilson as our 9, might just end up with another dross on big wages on our books. Easier getting a quality winger or 2 in an going false 9 till the summer. 

Seen a lot of places saying we’re willing to bid £35m for Wilson but Matt Law of the telegraph reckons it would take closer to £50m for Bournemouth to sell.

Can’t see us spending that sort of money on a player who isn’t going to be first choice.

9 hours ago, BellettiBullet said:

In Eddie Howe’s words, when asked if Callum Wilson would leave Bournemouth in January, he said “not from my perspective,” which comes across as “we don’t want to sell him,” rather than “we WON’T sell for ANY price.”

I genuinely think if we were to submit a good offer, Wilson would want to come.

Reminds me of the Demba Ba deal a bit for the sole reason that I can see us wrapping this one up early in January.

Of course, he isn’t going to be anywhere near Ba’s fee.

Not sure what I make of £30 million.

For a striker from a rival club in January, it doesn’t seem too bad...I just don’t know with transfer fees anymore.

Ba had a release clause though.

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

If he is coming I want it to be a double deal with Ake taking Cahills spot.

I think Ake would cost more than Wilson. He was a club record signing for them, and he's done very well ever since. Would cost City money to get Ake back. 

43 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I think Ake would cost more than Wilson. He was a club record signing for them, and he's done very well ever since. Would cost City money to get Ake back. 

Thought we had a buy back built in to the deal when we sold him.

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Thought we had a buy back built in to the deal when we sold him.

I think you're right, but two things on that

1. He went for about 23M, the buyback would definitely be more than that, otherwise it's basically a loan
2. I think it was right of first refusal as well, and there are some deep pockets looking at him
3. Bournemouth would have to agree, and they don't want to sell
3. Ake would have to agree... and he doesn't really want to come back

basically, I think it's going to be very tough/expensive to bring him back. 

Seen a lot of places saying we’re willing to bid £35m for Wilson but Matt Law of the telegraph reckons it would take closer to £50m for Bournemouth to sell.
Can’t see us spending that sort of money on a player who isn’t going to be first choice.
Well, I no longer trust our board when it comes to making a good deal regarding signing players

2 hours ago, wallosh said:
On 21/12/2018 at 12:06, ForeverCarefree said:

Well, I no longer trust our board when it comes to making a good deal regarding signing players

I thought the board did well in the summer, Jorginho, Kovacic and Kepa have been good signings.

28 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

With Solanke going to Bournemouth maybe that means we are going for Wilson ?

Looks likely if Morata leaves for Sevilla on loan. I have a sneaky feeling Spurs may be in for him too, Wilson or King anyway.

Edited by the special one

9 minutes ago, the special one said:

Looks likely if Morata leaves for Sevilla on loan. I have a sneaky feeling Spurs may be in for him too, Wilson or King anyway.

Would make sense since Llorrente has been pretty poor but i just dont see Spurs spending 35-45 mill for a back up striker.

Dembele is probably leaving and they a have bunch of injured midfielders  so my guess would be that they are after a midfielder more than a striker but who knows ? they beat us last year at the deadline for Llorrente maybe the story will repeat itself ...

I think Solanke is a replacement for Defoe. Plus, Bournemouth will be reluctant to sell their first choice striker halfway through the season. In any case, I find it hard to get excited at the idea of buying Callum Wilson. Maybe I haven't seen him enough but apart from being homegrown I don't see what value he can bring to a top PL club. Is he really that good?

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

I think Solanke is a replacement for Defoe. Plus, Bournemouth will be reluctant to sell their first choice striker halfway through the season. In any case, I find it hard to get excited at the idea of buying Callum Wilson. Maybe I haven't seen him enough but apart from being homegrown I don't see what value he can bring to a top PL club. Is he really that good?

Depends on what you mean by «that good». He is better then what we got and is a decent fit for Sarris system, would give us a better chance at top 4 this year. Not a long term solution by any stretch

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

I'm not overly excited over him either but it seems Sarri and Zola like him and he's been one of the best strikers in the league this term. Anyone but Morata I guess. 

If Solanke is worth 19M, don't think they will let him go for anything under 50M. I'm totally cool with spend big to buy quality players , or buy the high potential players, not sure about those in between, unfortunately I see Wilson as one of those.The other issue is how long will takes him to adapt to the Sarri ball, like we have seen, that system takes time for a player to adapt.

Edited by icecoolguy22