BellettiBullet

Callum Wilson

Eddie Howe just said no one has contacted them about any of their players this window.  Seems this is a load nonsense.  Makes you think who came up with the £50-75 Million?

2 hours ago, DarkMata said:

Eddie Howe just said no one has contacted them about any of their players this window.  Seems this is a load nonsense.  Makes you think who came up with the £50-75 Million?

Almost as if people should really stop believing the utter bullsh*t they read in the media and then coming on here to say how rubbish we are.....based on the utter bullsh*t in the media.

I'd take a Higuian for 6 months than 50-75M for Callum Wilson on a 5 years contract, and looks like that's where we are going. For 75M, we are talking about elite strikers, not someone that's playing for mid table team, not scoring 20 league goals a season,  with close to zero International experience.

Another Callum Wilson goal. Why are we not finalising a deal for him asap? Showing every bit why he is superior to any attacking talent we currently have.

My concern about him is Bournemouth doesn't face a bus every game as we do. Higuain's strentghs are more suited for us I think. We need a false 9 type of attacker I think. 

On 17/01/2019 at 11:57, EngineerJoe said:

How anyone can make the argument that we'd be worse off if we brought in Wilson must have escaped the local asylum.

Wilson is brilliant and better than anyone else we have. On that basis alone, he wouldn't make us any worse, would he. 

Wilson and Fraser together would be a good dual purchase. They already have link up practice and more English players on the books would be great. Many years left to come from both of them. I wouldn't go any further than £75m for the pair together though.

Funny, because Fraser is Scottish.

On 16/01/2019 at 20:55, EngineerJoe said:

The quote function is available. If you need a hand how to use it, please feel free to drop me a private message. I can leave instructions here too if you also need help doing that.

He has been scoring more goals than any of our strikers this season, so automatically an upgrade. We do need to fill a home grown quota.

27 is young these days for a player considering how long they stay at the top. Wilson could be the next Ibrahimovic if we treat him right, and if that is the case, then £50m would be a steal.

The quote function is there but i thought breaking it down like that would be easier for a simpleton like yourself to use.

Scoring more goals than Morata doesn't somehow justify a £50m price tag. Danny Ings has scored more than Morata, lets chuck £60m at him too. 

Do you actually understand how the home grown rules work? We don't have a quota to fill, just a cap on foreign players. There's no reason to be filling squad with average English players when our academy products are just as good. This is how we ended up with Danny Drinkwater.

27 is not young, no matter how you want to spin it. Especially for a player that has ruptured his knee twice in recent years. He's entered his prime and he's still at Bournemouth with not a single other top club looking at him.

The next Ibra? Okay now i'm intrigued. How in the hell have you managed to leap to this conclusion??

Is there a way to stop these trolls signing up to this forum?

On 19/01/2019 at 11:36, EngineerJoe said:

I was referring to Wilson, as you already know.

Callum, shouldn't you be in training? Eddie Howe wouldn't be happy to see you spending so much time on this forum.

49 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

He finished the season 15 goals and 9 assists. I definitely think if our ban gets lifted we should take a look at him.

Do you not think that maybe he just had a purple patch in his career in the first 4 months of this season? Only scored 7 since mid December. 

He's 27, and has a very poor injury record, he has never been particularly prolific, Abraham has a much better record in the championship, and he is about 1 in 3 in the premier which isnt bad, but it's not great either. Chris wood has a similar record at Burnley. 

Spending upwards of £50m would be absolutely insane, surely there is better options out there for that price.

1 hour ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I didn’t know about his injuries tbf. Surely though when fit is a much better option than Higuain?

Abraham stepping up from the Championship wouldn’t be easy for him. 

Who else can we go for?

I'm not sure, but I'd take any of our current options over spending an obscene amount of Wilson. 

I like Jovic, but then so does half of Europe! 

His strike partner looks good aswell Haller although again not the most prolific, then there are the usual suspects like Werner, Icardi and Dybala. 

Maybe we go with something different like ajax have done with Tadic, Neres, and Ziyech as a more fluid front 3. Then we look at players like Pepe, Joao Felix. 

I'm just we dont sign anyone whose best days are well behind them, and maybe try avoid Spanish strikers aswell! 

It seems like we will go after Callum in January if the ban is lifted. I’d be amazed if the club is planning this move to make him our no 1 striker. If not, why would Callum want to move if he’s going to sit on the bench?

10 minutes ago, ekimozturk said:

It seems like we will go after Callum in January if the ban is lifted. I’d be amazed if the club is planning this move to make him our no 1 striker. If not, why would Callum want to move if he’s going to sit on the bench?

It wouldn't be very good for Tammy and his development to fade to the bench mid season. It would be a champagne problem to Frank Lampard if he's left with Callum, Tammy and Bats. But Tammy needs to play

6 hours ago, ekimozturk said:

Abraham and Batshuayi are playing well this season and Giroud could be a handy backup. Callum Wilson would be just coming in to be back up, and I honestly think that would just be a waste of money.

Looking back at the comments from earlier this year before Tammy and just wow.. 

75m for Wilson 🤣 Game really has gone mad, English player tax needs to be abolished because its turning ridiculous at this point. You think any club outside of England would even think about spending that much money on a player like Wilson? Not a chance.