51 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Isco is a good player alright but I’m not sure he’s what this chelsea team needs. 

He's not, he will upset the balance.

I'm not sure what people see him. He's in and out of the Real Madrid team, he has been since he joined them from Malaga. He has completed one season where he has started 30+ league games for them. It's usually in the low the 20's. He's a squad player, and in last two seasons, he has been poor.

It seems like every time there are rumours to sign Real Madrid players, the fans get excited, but if you look at those players, you will see that there are flaws. I remember the excitement when we signed Morata, but I was always unsure of him because of him not being able to hold down a first team spot. The bloke wasn't good enough and definitely couldn't handle English football. I feel the same about Isco. 

Honestly, if we sign him, it would feel like us settling for 4th or 5th choice because we couldn't get our main targets.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

I'd be happy to bring in another midfielder but I'd prefer they were a box-to-box/deeper midfielder. With RLC and Mount we are stacked for attacking midfielders. He has never really worked out playing a deeper role. 

Gazette sport, reported we were back in for milinkovic-savic. He is having another good season, after his form dipped for a while. 

He can play box to box and deeper, and he also adds physicality. 

It certainly isn't the most pressing need, and now barkley seems to be getting back into the fold, i doubt there is any real substance, but he is a player i like alot. 

7 minutes ago, big blue said:

Gazette sport, reported we were back in for milinkovic-savic. He is having another good season, after his form dipped for a while. 

It certainly isn't the most pressing need, and now barkley seems to be getting back into the fold, i doubt there is any real substance, but he is a player i like alot. 

Lazio isn't selling, best is to spend 150m on Sancho!

He'd be a perfect fit here, he plays better as an attacking mid, works well in a 4-2-3-1. I think some forget how great Real Madrid's midfield is; Kroos, Modric and Valverde (all 3 are world class, top 5 in their career ballon d'or players) It pushes Isco forward.

Compared to Willian, Isco is both better as a midfielder and a scorer. He has scored 1 out of every 3 games played for Spain. As much as Frank likes to switch formation Isco would be fantastic. He can play in any of the 5 mid positions in a 4-2-3-1 depending on the situation. He'd also seems to play well in the middle of a 4-1-4-1, so you could play Abraham high, then Pulisic, Isco, Mount, Willian.

On 24/12/2019 at 07:54, Scott Harris said:

He's not, he will upset the balance.

I'm not sure what people see him. He's in and out of the Real Madrid team, he has been since he joined them from Malaga. He has completed one season where he has started 30+ league games for them. It's usually in the low the 20's. He's a squad player, and in last two seasons, he has been poor.

It seems like every time there are rumours to sign Real Madrid players, the fans get excited, but if you look at those players, you will see that there are flaws. I remember the excitement when we signed Morata, but I was always unsure of him because of him not being able to hold down a first team spot. The bloke wasn't good enough and definitely couldn't handle English football. I feel the same about Isco. 

Honestly, if we sign him, it would feel like us settling for 4th or 5th choice because we couldn't get our main targets.

To be fair anyone who can hold down a first team spot at Real isn’t someone we could buy 

8 hours ago, big blue said:

SMS is a good player. Big unit too. Hasn't quite had the same impact in his later seasons at Lazio. 

For me Barkley can jog on. We should play him a bit to keep his value up but he is in the Drinkwater category as far as I'm concerned. 

If we have money I'd replace him in the summer.

2 hours ago, Wearyourblue said:

He'd be a perfect fit here, he plays better as an attacking mid, works well in a 4-2-3-1. I think some forget how great Real Madrid's midfield is; Kroos, Modric and Valverde (all 3 are world class, top 5 in their career ballon d'or players) It pushes Isco forward.

Compared to Willian, Isco is both better as a midfielder and a scorer. He has scored 1 out of every 3 games played for Spain. As much as Frank likes to switch formation Isco would be fantastic. He can play in any of the 5 mid positions in a 4-2-3-1 depending on the situation. He'd also seems to play well in the middle of a 4-1-4-1, so you could play Abraham high, then Pulisic, Isco, Mount, Willian.

I really liked that Malaga team with Isco. There's no doubt that he's a great player, just didn't really have a key role in Real Madrid (like many others) so far. If we do sign him we would be getting him in his prime years, though I must say that I don't think comparing him to Willian is actually fair, they play a different type of game, they are after all 2 different types of players.

Edited by Gol15
43 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

SMS is a good player. Big unit too. Hasn't quite had the same impact in his later seasons at Lazio. 

For me Barkley can jog on. We should play him a bit to keep his value up but he is in the Drinkwater category as far as I'm concerned. 

If we have money I'd replace him in the summer.

SMS was officially in the best Serie A team for the season 2017-18 and he was the best midfielder in the league last season, recently he won the player of the month award last month December 2019. Lazio is currently on a 10 game winning streak, just 6 points behind Juventus.

If you think Napoli can be hard, watch Lazio, they basically think that Sergej is better than Pogba and they will reject any offer smaller than 150m. Do we really need this player when we can get Sancho for the same money? RLC healthy can end up being a top player, Mount is on the same path as well.

11 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I'd be happy to bring in another midfielder but I'd prefer they were a box-to-box/deeper midfielder. With RLC and Mount we are stacked for attacking midfielders. He has never really worked out playing a deeper role. 

When was the last time Mount had a good game? 

4 hours ago, Wearyourblue said:

Did you just say Valverde is a world class, top 5 in his position, potential ballon d'or winner?

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

SMS was officially in the best Serie A team for the season 2017-18 and he was the best midfielder in the league last season, recently he won the player of the month award last month December 2019. Lazio is currently on a 10 game winning streak, just 6 points behind Juventus.

If you think Napoli can be hard, watch Lazio, they basically think that Sergej is better than Pogba and they will reject any offer smaller than 150m. Do we really need this player when we can get Sancho for the same money? RLC healthy can end up being a top player, Mount is on the same path as well.

Sorry didn't mean to suggest that we needed him. I think RLC could easily get to his level assuming the injury heals. I like Mason too. Very different players but good at different things.

For me I'd go for someone deeper in midfield, ideally with a left foot. I think for us to reach our potential playing how Frank has us playing Jorginho will probably need to be moved on. He has a lot of strengths but the lack of pace to cover in behind the high press is just a killer.