Olivier Giroud

Got to give him a lot of credit for the way he's taken his chance of being the first choice. Possibly playing his most cosistently good football since arriving in England.  Runs as fast as an OAP, but the upside of that is he doesn't need pace to be effective. So as long as he doesn't pick up a serious injury and keeps his desire, he can be a very useful player for a few more seasons to come. 

Edited by Dixon

3 hours ago, The Brit said:

Frank has got a lot right this season, but he nearly fcuked up well and truly with Giroud. He was close to going in January after bizarrely being ignored for months. Tammy was playing well but he overplayed him and Batshuayi at giroud’s expense.

luckily a move didn’t come off in January cos our pl and fa cups have hinged a lot on giroud’s Great form.

Yeah thankfully Frank realized he was wrong, Batman is beyond hopeless in this league.

Giroud cannot play every game but having him as our first choice and being able to use Werner or Tammy up top is good imo. With options of Hakim, Werner, Pulisic and one other to support out wide.

I almost felt bad for Maguire today... almost. Giroud abused him.

15 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Yeah thankfully Frank realized he was wrong, Batman is beyond hopeless in this league.

Giroud cannot play every game but having him as our first choice and being able to use Werner or Tammy up top is good imo. With options of Hakim, Werner, Pulisic and one other to support out wide.

I think that Giroud is going to be a supersub for Chelsea next season in the Premier League and a constant starter in the FA Cup. It seems to me that the initial plan is a three man attack with Pulisic-Werner-Ziyech. That instantly becomes one of the most creative attacking groups in the entire league and probably in Europe, too. But, in matches where a bit more physicality could be beneficical or required, I think they will bring in Giroud. In the FA Cup, where directness and physicality is beneficial early in the competition, Giroud is a must-start.

12 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Batshuayi wasn’t and Giroud was behind him. 

Bats strikes me though as the sort of player who is on fire during training each week, but then falls apart when needed. (this is purely speculation just a feeling) but I can see him banging them in from all angles during the week.

4 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

Bats strikes me though as the sort of player who is on fire during training each week, but then falls apart when needed. (this is purely speculation just a feeling) but I can see him banging them in from all angles during the week.

Easier to impress in training.

Batshuayi is a pure striker, his strength is finishing. In the modern game, you need more than that. 

He'd be a great striker in the 90's-early 2000's I think