coco

Chelsea v Southampton (PL) Wed 2nd Jan 19:45

Should be winning this, but even accounting for today's reverse against a City side with more firepower than hours, Southampton have improved under the ex-RB Leipzig manager, who IMO is clearly more competent than Mark Hughes and given proper opportunity (and Southampton's survival this season) should propel Southampton back into the Top 10.

We must ensure that we are not complacent.

Tough game, we can’t afford to drop points to teams in the bottom half if we are gonna get top 4 in the end of the season.

not sure how the line up will be since we seem to have a few injuries. Bare in mind our next game is in the FA cup so I think we will chose to rotate then. 

Kepa 

azbi rudi luiz Emerson 

kante jorginho kovacic 

willian morata hazard 

subs: caballero, zappacosta, CHO, Barkley, christensen, Ampadu, Moses 

Following Giroud's injury looks like Hazard will be our No.9 for the busy January period.

I see us winning again (won £15 off a £2 bet today) though like previously stated see this as closely fought contest.

Injuries are starting to affect us. It’s an interesting challenge to say the least and see if we can come through it unscathed.

Hopefully the injuries will make the board realise how light the squad is, and need a few quality reinforcements.

Anyway, Southampton. They looked decent against City, I think they will cause us a fair few problems, could well be a matter of outscoring them.

Im going for 3 - 2 to us.

Edited by dansubrosa

Can only play hazard as false 9 if cho or RLC are in the front three. 

‘Morata looked useless against palace but to be fair out for a while with injury and trying to defend 1:0 for last 15 isn’t ideal conditions for a striker who likes to play with ball at feet. 

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Injuries are starting to affect us. It’s an interesting challenge to say the least and see if we can come through it unscathed.

Hopefully the injuries will make the board realise how light the squad is, and need a few quality reinforcements.

Anyway, Southampton. They looked decent against City, I think they will cause us a fair few problems, could well be a matter of outscoring them.

Im going for 3 - 2 to us.

Light? The squad need needs to be trimmed down & quality added. If a manager is only using 14 players regularly, why do we need 24?

Hopefully RLc and CHO get over their injuries quickly as they have piled up here recently and we are definitely lacking attackers. Now with Giroud rolling his ankle, and with how poor Morata looked Sunday it will be interesting to see how Sarri attacks this match. It will be interesting to see if he rolls with a Hazard, Morata, Willian front line. 

Every game is more or less a 'must win' game with the form of the teams around us; Utd, albeit playing relatively weak opposition are getting their confidence back and into winning ways, 8 pts is nothing to catch us up if we start to get sloppy against weaker opposition, relegation battlers or not; Arsenal might drop off and I can see Spurs losing about another 2 or 3 games before the season is done, so a win tomorrow to is important to maintain the recent momentum and the points gap. My worry is the lack of rotation, especially in the midfield and attacking areas although options are limited at this moment.  I expect to Morata and Cesc in the line up tomorrow and maybe one other change with either RLC or Kovacic coming in for Barkley.....a sneaky 3-2 win 

There is an improvement at Southampton, the new manager brought something new into the team. Will be a tough game.

Giroud injured, Pedro (?), RLC (?), CHO (?)

Morata will probably start. We will be missing a few players with finishing ability. I will be happy with a simple 1-0, 3 points, a clean sheet and more points to climb up.

COME ON CHELS!!!!

Expect front three to be morata hazard willian as the only fit players, maybe RLC, cho will be ready. Pedro is missing games regularly now due to injury and this will in turn put more stress on the others. 

Could be a case where Morata starts because we don't have enough wing options available to play Hazard as false 9. Based on Moratas' recent performances I'll be anticipating some frustration in front of goal tonight.