Sign in to follow this  
dansubrosa

Striker

If werner is available for that price, it would be an absolute steal. Seems to be heavily linked with Liverpool though, they are selling solanke, and looking to offload origi, they seem a more likely destination at the moment, and thats without considering tbat bayern will no doubt be sniffing around. Anything can happen, but I haven't seen any mention of werner to chelsea yet unfortunately. 

28 minutes ago, ducavis said:

How much did we get for Solanke; £5m? He has made a total of 5 starts, 21 appearances, played  just 583 mins and scored 1 goal. 

There is some logic to give Tammy some game time till the end of the season, since our current forwards are hopeless. Even if he doesn’t score, playing for a top 6 club guarantees more money when he is sold.

I think Solanke was out of contract when he left us although it may have gone to a tribunal. Will be interesting to see how he does at Bournemouth. He might get a few more opportunities there.

11 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I think Solanke was out of contract when he left us although it may have gone to a tribunal. Will be interesting to see how he does at Bournemouth. He might get a few more opportunities there.

We better not be buying Wilson. You just know Liverpool will turn around & buy Werner.

11 hours ago, SimonH said:

Werner? Would bloody love him here. 

Not as sure about Werner. Relies a lot on pace and space. We don't tend to get a lot of space to run into. If you think about the success of Diego, Drogba, and Anelka largely it's about clever movement in the box, and ability to make something yourself either through power or guile. Players who relied on getting in behind Torres or Shevchenko have been less successful. 

I'm honestly not sure there is a first team option available in the market. Higuain doesn't look to be for sale, Icardi etc. are out of reach. We've also got homegrown problems, with Fabregas, Cahill, Moses and Drinkwater all potentially on the way out which I think explains the Wilson link. We may need to bring Tammy back purely from that perspective.

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

. Players who relied on getting in behind Torres or Shevchenko have been less successful.

If Morata had finished half of his good  chances after he'd gotten in behind, we may be talking about how successful that style is. 

I'd love to have pace AND finishing up top. 

3 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

If Morata had finished half of his good  chances after he'd gotten in behind, we may be talking about how successful that style is. 

I'd love to have pace AND finishing up top. 

Thing is Werner isn't a great finisher either. Misses plenty of big chances. German Morata.

I like Hazard as a false 9 personally, seems more effective there, most of his goals have come from that position, the way he can take on defenders and hold up the ball is so much more dangerous down the middle. Though most preferably would to have two other goal threats either side to interchange with, i like hudson odoi and Pulisic as options. Jadon Sancho looks like an incredible talent, and english, tearing it up with Dortmund and is only 18, he'll be pricey but it will be sure to keep going up. Memphis Depay could be a good option as well, i also like Anthony Martial if we can get him, can play down the middle or on the wing. Most preferred 5 options for the three positions would be - Hazard, CHO, Martial, Sancho & Pulisic. May be worth keeping Pedro around to make up the numbers with him approaching the twilight of his career, but i feel Willian and Pedro although both have been great for the club over the years dont quite cut it anymore, at least one should go.

We eed something more up front. Clearly not scoring enough goals. Different bit still not enough goals with hazard as false 9. 

‘The team should have another 10 goals in the league if you look at the teams above us  not only that as giroud and Pedro miss more and more game time our scoring ability reduces  cho might improve that a bit but I reckon we need more  

On 05/01/2019 at 01:30, the special one said:

Looks good, wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy him at a reasonable price and loan him back to them for 2 seasons.