Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre

Official. Costing us 60 million apparantly and we are loaning him back to Dortmund until the end of the season. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

Confirmed on the BBC now too. £58m and loaned back to Dortmund till the end of the season.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of a club buying a player for that sort of money and instantly loaning then back? 

Keita to Liverpool, not sure if loan was the technical term there but for all intents and purposes is the same thing.

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Weird signing. Paying all that money for a winger that hasn't particularly improved since his debut and not even coming until summer. 

Atleast it shows Sarri has identified the need for the RW overhaul, in an ideal world Pulisic will be an impact sub behind another new signing.

Just now, Argo said:

Keita to Liverpool, not sure if loan was the technical term there but for all intents and purposes is the same thing.

It was an agreement to buy in 12 months time.

Apparently quite a commen deal structure for clubs in Germany.

Maybe it’s just a phrasing thing for our signing of Pulisic but still odd, especially given Pedro’s had quite a few injuries this season,Willian’s indifferent form and Sarri’s use of the false 9.

If he came here now he’d probably establish himself in the side before the end of the season.

Not seen a lot of Pulisic if I’m honest. Seems a lot of money for a player that doesn’t have the greatest scoring record. He’s found his playing time limited this season following the emergence of Sancho... perhaps some irony in that maybe if we trusted our own young, English winger we could have saved £60m?

Guest Sindre

He’s lost his place in Dortmund’s team to 18-year-old Jadon Sancho. So, it seems like a very stiff price for someone that’s mostly warmed the bench in Germany this season.

Also makes you think about Hudson Odoi doesn’t it. He is rated just as high as Sancho was when he left for Dortmund.

Bit annoyed we loaned him back to Dortmund when he could do a job for us now. Its a position we have needed to strengthen and freshen up for a while with Willian and Pedro both in their 30's and Willian poor goal output. If Hazard hopefully stays and Hudson Odoi i can see one of Pedro or Willian leaving in the summer.

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It was an agreement to buy in 12 months time.

Apparently quite a commen deal structure for clubs in Germany.

Maybe it’s just a phrasing thing for our signing of Pulisic but still odd, especially given Pedro’s had quite a few injuries this season,Willian’s indifferent form and Sarri’s use of the false 9.

If he came here now he’d probably establish himself in the side before the end of the season.

Not seen a lot of Pulisic if I’m honest. Seems a lot of money for a player that doesn’t have the greatest scoring record. He’s found his playing time limited this season following the emergence of Sancho... perhaps some irony in that maybe if we trusted our own young, English winger we could have saved £60m?

Agree! He isn’t a key player for them presently, so why keep him there warming the bench till the end of the season? They are even less likely to play him now since he isn’t on the market. 

Even if it’s a common deal structure, why not wait till the summer then to sign him at a lower fee? No team was meeting his ridiculous asking price, as there are reservations about how good he really is.

This is a commercial signing more than a footballing one. The club once again making moves for business rather than for the manager I'm afraid. I see no other reason why would spend that sort of money on a bench player from Dortmund. He lost his place to Sancho by all accounts and we're looking to get rid of a young player who is just as talented as Sancho in CHO. The club obviously believe they can make that money back in either sales of other current players otherwise this is a silly signing for that price.

19 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Confirmed on the BBC now too. £58m and loaned back to Dortmund till the end of the season.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of a club buying a player for that sort of money and instantly loaning then back? 

Didnt Liverpool do the same thing with Keita? 

11 minutes ago, fester said:

Hazard replacement?:sad:

That would be retarded. Even by our boards standards. I'm not gonna lie though, I am worried about the direction of this club sometimes especially with their transfer history since 2014. 

I'm going to wait to pass judgement until he is here and playing but hopefully this is a sarri signing and if so and he believes he can make him into something special then I'm all for it.

However buying a player who us largely playing from the bench and then hoping he can be a starting 11 star for us reminds me a lot of Morata and look how that turned out, we have CHO why not just utilise him more.

Again we need to wait and see for all we know perhaps Pedro and Willian could be leaving at the end of the season or one and we will have Hazard, CHO, Pulisic and ?/Wil/Ped next year.

7 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Yeah, screw those people for having opinions.

Yeah, let's just pile in with a load of negativity as ever, everything is wrong and everything is terrible. 

And I posted my opinion, or is that not allowed? 

Edited by dkw