Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

13 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Not sure of the Pedro hate, I thought he was at least our second best player on the pitch.

How do you figure?  He probably doesn't deserve as much grief as he is getting, but it wasn't like he played well yesterday.  I liked what I saw from at least 5 or 6 other players more than Pedro.

43 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

Granted some sloppy choices in play but at least tried. I don't want to stray off the main topic with yesterdays game, but Pedro was far from poor. Saying that, Emerson was streets ahead.

I thought Pedro was very poor. Trying to dribble out from defence, spanking shots over the bar from 30 yards out, not making clear passes to another player through 1v1. 

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I thought Pedro was very poor. Trying to dribble out from defence, spanking shots over the bar from 30 yards out, not making clear passes to another player through 1v1. 

Funny how people can watch the same game and see things so differently. I too thought Pedro was poor. Bad passes and conceding possession, which led to dangerous United counters and their first goal. And on the attacking end time and again poor decision making, shooting the ball when he needed to pass and the other way around. I thought he was very frustrating.

As for Pulisic, I have high hopes for him. I think he has both the talent and the right attitude and can become an important player for us.

20 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

I actually thought that Barkley looked like one of the more dangerous players going forward. I thought he put good pressure on the United back line. He's the hammer we need sometimes. 

I probably would have started Pulisic / Barkley / Pedro

and I would have subbed Pulisic on for Pedro at halftime

I thought when he took off Barkley it was a mistake those driving runs create chances, he needs done refinement but the concept is very useful, that’s why RLC is so important, driving runs but with better decision making, more reliable,  to me pulisic lacks power to hold players off he looked like a boy playing men at times 

30 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I thought when he took off Barkley it was a mistake those driving runs create chances, he needs done refinement but the concept is very useful, that’s why RLC is so important, driving runs but with better decision making, more reliable,  to me pulisic lacks power to hold players off he looked like a boy playing men at times 

Yeah, should have taken off Pedro rather than Barkley.

Just now, robdog said:

IMHO Puli needs to start - I thought he was absolutely sensational vs the dippers - that assist for the first goal & then the bit of skills he showcased for the goal that was called off was excellent

Really, really exciting tonight at times robdog. But I thought Jenas made a very astute comment on Pulisic and Mount when he said they need to build their core strength and bulk to hold opponents off. Both look skilful, athletic players but need to add body strength to make the most of those attributes.

1 hour ago, just said:

Really, really exciting tonight at times robdog. But I thought Jenas made a very astute comment on Pulisic and Mount when he said they need to build their core strength and bulk to hold opponents off. Both look skilful, athletic players but need to add body strength to make the most of those attributes.

Didn't actually pick up on this myself - but now I saw it mentioned, that makes a lot of sense. I always thought Hazard was incredibly strong on the ball and was always surprised given his frame... (aware of lower centre of gravity and such, but Mount and Pulisic are both not far off in that sense). Was surprised to find out that Eden is 10kg give or take heavier than both of them! Not that surprising I guess given Hazard is 28 and has filled out his frame by now (I still think of him as a wonderkid for some reason haha) and Mason and Pulisic will get there in time for sure! 

I'm not sure I agree about him needing to bulk up. Sometimes it does more harm than good. It can slow you down and make you turn slower, and if that were to happen to Pulisic, it would ruin him. Luke Shaw did the same at United and he turns and runs slower than I remember from his days at Southampton. Salah, Mahrez and Sterling are doing fine and none of them have a lot of bulk to them.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I'm not sure I agree about him needing to bulk up. Sometimes it does more harm than good. It can slow you down and make you turn slower, and if that were to happen to Pulisic, it would ruin him. Luke Shaw did the same at United and he turns and runs slower than I remember from his days at Southampton. Salah, Mahrez and Sterling are doing fine and none of them have a lot of bulk to them.

Agree. This is what happened with Joe Cole as well. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I agree to some extent scott, i dont think its a case of needing to pile muscle on, but like just said, they need to improve their core strength, which should also naturally improve with age.

Salah is a good comparison, he was much quicker when we signed him, but he was very lightweight, now his body has matured, and he is very strong on the ball. 

I guess its about finding that balance of speed and strength. 

Pulisic is looking good though, certainly looks like a player that will improve, which is why i found the negativity on here towards him a liitle strange. 

24 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

TBF though Luke Shaw bulked up using the patented Bonzo all pie and cake method... he just forgot to stay in shape.  

He's much more decisive than Hazard, Eden would only be selfish and take a strike at goal if things were getting desperate. Pulisic doesn't quite have the ability to hold the ball up like Eden though so it's the perfect thing to be in lieu of this.