Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Its worrying that:

Tammy

Pulisic       Mount          Odoi

is our best starting line up for attack. They're the most dangerous players, but as Argo mentioned you need some experience in there somewhere. Is RLC at the stage in his career when he can be classed as a experienced player? If so stick him through the middle. Until then, Pedro should be starting in place of Pulisic/CHO imo.

We do have Pedro with his massive medal count, that must be good experience to have around.

9 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

What we really need is not a transfer ban.

I also don't know (based on your comment) if you are rating CHO higher than Pulisic, but I would argue that Pulisic has more experience, which often translate to better on field performance, than CHO.

Both CHO and Pulisic are inexperienced players but Pulisic arguably has a little more first team experience from his time at Dortmund. It remains to be seen how CHO does after his return from injury. However if he can reproduce his form from last season he will probably be marginally ahead of Pulisic for Premier League games in the short term due to his experience playing in this league. I think Pulisic may need a bit of time to get used to the different style of play in the Premier League. I suspect he will be a lot more comfortable in the European games though.

37 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Both CHO and Pulisic are inexperienced players but Pulisic arguably has a little more first team experience from his time at Dortmund. It remains to be seen how CHO does after his return from injury. However if he can reproduce his form from last season he will probably be marginally ahead of Pulisic for Premier League games in the short term due to his experience playing in this league. I think Pulisic may need a bit of time to get used to the different style of play in the Premier League. I suspect he will be a lot more comfortable in the European games though.

Is it true CHO's best position is actually left wing?  

6 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think that’s the general consensus amongst the fan base but it will be interesting to see if Frank agrees.  He seems to like Pulisic on the left.

Looking at the two of them, I would assume they will just switch as they like/ as instructed. Both are capable of playing on either side so having CHO going at the RB for a half then switch it up and Pulisic then goes. Could cause untold damage to full backs in the future. 

12 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think that’s the general consensus amongst the fan base but it will be interesting to see if Frank agrees.  He seems to like Pulisic on the left.

I've obviously not seen much of CHO, but from what i have seen of him playing on the right he seems to have a natural instinct to cut inside rather than stay wide and take his man on. So, he might well feel more comfortable on the left with a better, more unpredictable mix of staying wide and cutting inside. 

11 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

Looking at the two of them, I would assume they will just switch as they like/ as instructed. Both are capable of playing on either side so having CHO going at the RB for a half then switch it up and Pulisic then goes. Could cause untold damage to full backs in the future. 

Like the good old days of Robben, Duff and Joey Cole!

2 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

He had some good movement and orchestrated some nice attacks last night against Mexico.  The ref did not do him any favors though because several times he was absolutely destroyed and no foul was given.

He had no help either with that side that Berhalter fielded.  The good news is he’s been allowed to return to Chelsea early.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I guess this is what you call "shots fired" 

Been following shedend for almost a decade, never registered though. Used to do CFCNet 10-15 years ago. 

This post changed that. Love a joke as much as the next guy, but poor taste here given events of recent years. Would expect that kind of stupidity from a Tottenham fan. 

3 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Been following shedend for almost a decade, never registered though. Used to do CFCNet 10-15 years ago. 

This post changed that. Love a joke as much as the next guy, but poor taste here given events of recent years. Would expect that kind of stupidity from a Tottenham fan. 

Recent years? It's been going on for 2 decades.

I'm an American teacher and I 100% endorse that humor. If you can't laugh at it we're lost

1 minute ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Recent years? It's been going on for 2 decades.

I'm an American teacher and I 100% endorse that humor. If you can't laugh at it we're lost

Fair point regarding timing.  Was more a reference to the increasing severity and frequency of recent events.  Anyway, agree to disagree on second sentence and moving on.

Looking forward to Pulisic settling down and making an impact.

15 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Ban the jokes and the people that make the jokes but don't ban the guns? Nah, got to make light out of bad situations, in fact that's where the best jokes come from.

I was disappointed that it didn’t work out for Pulisic to be subbed on Saturday.  A game where we were rolling offensively, could have been a good opportunity for him to get some confidence going and more experience.  Willian and Mount both did quite well though, and with Rüdiger needing to come off at halftime and Kovacic gassed at the end, along with cramps for Tammy, there wasn’t a spot really for him to come on - maybe for Kovacic and slot Mount deeper.

14 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I was disappointed that it didn’t work out for Pulisic to be subbed on Saturday.  A game where we were rolling offensively, could have been a good opportunity for him to get some confidence going and more experience.  Willian and Mount both did quite well though, and with Rüdiger needing to come off at halftime and Kovacic gassed at the end, along with cramps for Tammy, there wasn’t a spot really for him to come on - maybe for Kovacic and slot Mount deeper.

I think Pulisic will get plenty of opportunities in the weeks ahead as the other competitions ramp up. I won't be surprised to see him start against Valencia.

He might start against Valencia but personally I'd rather he starts against Liverpool as he looked promising against them in the super cup.

Apart from that performance, he seems to be playing it safe at the moment. Would like to see him have a real go at taking players on like he did at Dortmund.

Can't be too impressive in training since he's not had a sniff since August.

He'll likely fall further behind in the pecking order when Hudson Odoi is back so he needs to take his chances when he gets them now.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Can't be too impressive in training since he's not had a sniff since August.

He'll likely fall further behind in the pecking order when Hudson Odoi is back so he needs to take his chances when he gets them now.

While I didn't expect him to play 0 minutes this week I certainly am not surprised nor disappointed his role has been reduced for now.

He was great against Liverpool but in the PL to say he's been largely anonymous is an understatement. I have high hopes for him long term but for now he needs to be carefully managed, not all 20 year olds will come to a new country and look as good as Robben.

Although that said it should have been him that came on in the last 20 yesterday and not Michy, an already knackered Trent would have been seeing stars facing fresh pace at that point.