Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Slojo said:

You were far too harsh on him imo, particularly given that you thought he was our worst player in the first half. 

second half he was poor definitely, but so was everyone else unfortunately. 

Not sure I said he was our worst player? Granted maybe i'm too harsh but as I said before top players make a difference.

Just now, the special one said:

Not sure I said he was our worst player? Granted maybe i'm too harsh but as I said before top players make a difference.

He's scored like 6 goals in his last 8 games... He's 21 years of age, his goal record in the league so far is that of a strikers, don't get ahead of yourself here, you need to lower your standards for him a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He's scored like 6 goals in his last 8 games... He's 21 years of age, his goal record in the league so far is that of a strikers, don't get ahead of yourself here, you need to lower your standards for him a bit. 

Just think we can do better, only wish to see the best for Chels and Lamps - this isn't Pulisic FC

Edited by the special one

Just think we can do better, only want the best for Chels and Lamps - this isn't Pulisic FC

Nobody is saying it's Pulisic FC, we all want whats best for the club, but honestly Pulisic has done better than what most people have expected of him. Much better actually, if you go on his thread and look at the comments when we signed him, so many fans didn't want him here, especially for that price tag. 

If you want to blame players for not producing enough I would look elsewhere, such as players like Willian for instance. 

3 minutes ago, the special one said:

Just think we can do better, only wish to see the best for Chels and Lamps - this isn't Pulisic FC

Obviously it isn't. Everyone wants Chelsea to win and the team to play well. Pulisic isn't Hazard, nor DeBRuyne, nor Salah, etc.

But he's been doing quite well for Chelsea, relative to everyone else on the team. Give the kid some credits.

Hopefully, he can do more for Chelsea in the future than what we've already seen so far.

Just now, Slojo said:

Nobody is saying it's Pulisic FC, we all want whats best for the club, but honestly Pulisic has done better than what most people have expected of him. Much better actually, if you go on his thread and look at the comments when we signed him, so many fans didn't want him here, especially for that price tag. 

If you want to blame players for not producing enough I would look elsewhere, such as players like Willian for instance. 

True, I can accept I'm being too harsh on him - he just frustrates me because I think he can show a lot more than what he has - not suggesting he isn't good enough, we should sell etc - he was a good signing for us but to get back to the top level we need players who will take us there, only takes one missed clear cut chance and we're up against it like today

True, I can accept I'm being too harsh on him - he just frustrates me because I think he can show a lot more than what he has - not suggesting he isn't good enough, we should sell etc - he was a good signing for us but to get back to the top level we need players who will take us there, only takes one missed clear cut chance and we're up against it like today

It's your opinion and you're entitled too it, I'm just confused. Because I think he's been our best attacker of the season bar Tammy. CHO has been a bit patchy due to injuries, Willian besides a good 5 weeks has been poor, Mount I've been impressed with but I think Pulisic has been better overall. 

My advice would be to lower your standards, he's not Hazard, the price tag has put a lot of pressure on him and the American media doesn't help things. But tbh he's MUCH better than what I expected, I like what I see, and we signed Hazard when he was 22 years old, Pulisic is 21, he has plenty of time to come good. If you go look at how Pepe who is 24 is doing at Arsenal it'll put some perspective on it, he had much more hype than Pulisic also. 

Just now, Slojo said:

It's your opinion and you're entitled too it, I'm just confused. Because I think he's been our best attacker of the season bar Tammy. CHO has been a bit patchy due to injuries, Willian besides a good 5 weeks has been poor, Mount I've been impressed with but I think Pulisic has been better overall. 

My advice would be to lower your standards, he's not Hazard, the price tag has put a lot of pressure on him and the American media doesn't help things. But tbh he's MUCH better than what I expected, I like what I see, and we signed Hazard when he was 22 years old, Pulisic is 21, he has plenty of time to come good. If you go look at how Pepe who is 24 is doing at Arsenal it'll put some perspective on it, he had much more hype than Pulisic also. 

"I hope Chelsea fans don't get used to losing" - Mourinho 😛

i actually like having both Mount and Pulisic in the game at the same time. though they do have the tendency to occupy and run into the same space.

i would prefer to see Mount stay a bit more centrally underneath and shredding passes to the attacking front 3.

1 minute ago, the special one said:

Played well again today, giving solid 7/10 consistently - he can take his game to another level if he just learns to bury his chances when they come.

Do I sense sarcasm there? 

I actually thought he was great, but did he even have a shot at goal? I think that was the problem, on one of the chances we had, Pulisic decided to play a through ball when I think he should've gone for it on his left when there was an opening. Was unselfish and played a good ball in to Mount or Azpi, I can't remember who but it was on the left side, another chance we should've scored though. 

Just now, Slojo said:

I actually thought he was great, but did he even have a shot at goal? I think that was the problem, on one of the chances we had, Pulisic decided to play a through ball when I think he should've gone for it on his left when there was an opening. Was unselfish and played a good ball in to Mount or Azpi, I can't remember who but it was on the left side, another chance we should've scored though. 

No sarcasm, constructive criticism is underrated. 😛

Re chances missed referring to West Ham and a few games earlier in the season where we dropped points.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

It was Azi and he shot wide. We were screaming for Pulisic to shoot. 

Shooting and scoring goal is not his primary focus, he's a creator first. He likes to set up his mates. Anyone who have followed Pulisic since his days at BvB wishes he would have taken more shots. I think it's great to be unselfish and play for the team, but sometimes you just got to shoot - it might be the better the decision. 

34 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

It was Azi and he shot wide. We were screaming for Pulisic to shoot. 

Shooting and scoring goal is not his primary focus, he's a creator first. He likes to set up his mates. Anyone who have followed Pulisic since his days at BvB wishes he would have taken more shots. I think it's great to be unselfish and play for the team, but sometimes you just got to shoot - it might be the better the decision. 

I've been watching his movement and his off the ball runs remind me a lot of sterling. He's constantly making runs into the 6 yard box. If he keeps doing it he will score a lot more goals than he did in Germany. 

4 minutes ago, DidierDidier said:

I've been watching his movement and his off the ball runs remind me a lot of sterling. He's constantly making runs into the 6 yard box. If he keeps doing it he will score a lot more goals than he did in Germany. 

Yes, I do expect the same. His goals tally will increase. What I like to see more from him are shots outside the 6 yard box, like against Burnley.

His movement is just fantastic. Really has surprised me in that regard. Getting a tad stronger and with some more PL experience I think he'll be right up there.

He was ridiculed by the ref (Pawson) on Saturday for 'the worst throw I've ever seen'. MotD2 picked the incident for its 2 good 2 bad feature last night. 

Here is the law:

Procedure

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

• stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

They showed the offending throw (as well as the ref's disparaging comment) on the show, and Pulisic complied with all aspects of the law. Joke decision.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

He was ridiculed by the ref (Pawson) on Saturday for 'the worst throw I've ever seen'. MotD2 picked the incident for its 2 good 2 bad feature last night. 

Here is the law:

They showed the offending throw (as well as the ref's disparaging comment) on the show, and Pulisic complied with all aspects of the law. Joke decision.

TV pundits are the law, at least that's what they think. Shearer on MOTD1 was applauding the Everton players for fouls and pushing our players off the pitch, just because ref didnt give the fouls Shearer should be saying "well actually thats a foul", next week if it happened to his glorious Newcastle, he would be saying to Lineker "COME ON GARY, thats a foul all day long" and berating the ref.

51 minutes ago, coco said:

TV pundits are the law, at least that's what they think. Shearer on MOTD1 was applauding the Everton players for fouls and pushing our players off the pitch, just because ref didnt give the fouls Shearer should be saying "well actually thats a foul", next week if it happened to his glorious Newcastle, he would be saying to Lineker "COME ON GARY, thats a foul all day long" and berating the ref.

I recall Huth giving him a solid challenge once, probably never forget it.

On a more serious point I just think he dislikes Chelsea both due to the London location and perceived closeness to Westminster made worse by big money from RA.