Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 2 weeks later...

What is everyone's thoughts on Christian being a supersub for at least a couple months when he gets back? Maybe less of a chance of a muscle injury?   Come in around 60th minute and terrorize the defense when they are on tired legs?   He has been excellent as a sub in the past...Changed many a game with his play last season. 

There is alot of quality on this chelsea team...maybe the best idea for Christian and the team. 

1 hour ago, Browerkid said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Christian being a supersub for at least a couple months when he gets back? Maybe less of a chance of a muscle injury?   Come in around 60th minute and terrorize the defense when they are on tired legs?   He has been excellent as a sub in the past...Changed many a game with his play last season. 

There is alot of quality on this chelsea team...maybe the best idea for Christian and the team. 

Think that's exactly what will happen and Pulicic will have to accept that as the starting 11 almost picks itself at the moment.

Needs proper rest and recovery. May be prepare to give him the season a write off and play him sparingly. It worked well for Kante and Hazard. 

He's been rushed back every time after an injury that it can't be good for him long term. 

We finally have quality on the bench and on the pitch for it not to be too much of a concern. 

8 hours ago, Deino said:

Needs proper rest and recovery. May be prepare to give him the season a write off and play him sparingly. It worked well for Kante and Hazard. 

He's been rushed back every time after an injury that it can't be good for him long term. 

We finally have quality on the bench and on the pitch for it not to be too much of a concern. 

We didn't rush him back last injury though, he only got injured because he slipped in a warmup.

On 21/11/2020 at 14:15, Nibs said:

Think that's exactly what will happen and Pulicic will have to accept that as the starting 11 almost picks itself at the moment.

I have to agreed. Even if Pulisic comes back healthy and stay healthy, he has to earn his ways back into the 11.

Team is winning games, and players are playing well. Pulisic will have to wait for his chances.

He trained today apparently, which is good. I agree he needs to be eased back in (and earn his place). Good thing with Pulisic is he's usually very effective off of the bench. His running off of the ball is excellent, and there's usually more space/tired legs to exploit in the 2nd half of games. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come on and make an impact against Spurs. Hopefully him and Kai can both get 30 mins against Rennes. 

EDIT: OK, Pulisic not in contention for tomorrow!

Edited by Hessleboink

On 22/11/2020 at 05:08, Browerkid said:

Thing is, players are actually more likely to incur muscle/joint injuries in training than in games. That's what makes injury management in football so difficult, versus sports like basketball or baseball where the athletes train less but play more often and therefore 'minutes management' is a thing.

Pulisic is still really young and injury prone. It's going to take some years before things settle down and there is the risk of serious, career-affecting injury (such as ACL or Achilles tear) that he needs to avoid. Arjen Robben had glass ankles and paper hamstrings, but he managed to have a fruitful top-level career until the age of 35 by learning when to step it down a notch. To do that, he needs a club that will be patient and understand that this is a transient thing, and a fanbase to match.

On 22/11/2020 at 17:28, jack_super_class said:

We didn't rush him back last injury though, he only got injured because he slipped in a warmup.

We kinda did rush him back by putting him straight into the first team soon as he was fit to start. It reminded me of the season where Hazard had hip issues and he wasn't anywhere near his best because he keeps getting niggles here and there.

I'm just saying that Lamps could give him the Kante treatment like last season, have him in and out the squad as he steadily gets fitter. 

9 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Thing is, players are actually more likely to incur muscle/joint injuries in training than in games. That's what makes injury management in football so difficult, versus sports like basketball or baseball where the athletes train less but play more often and therefore 'minutes management' is a thing.

Pulisic is still really young and injury prone. It's going to take some years before things settle down and there is the risk of serious, career-affecting injury (such as ACL or Achilles tear) that he needs to avoid. Arjen Robben had glass ankles and paper hamstrings, but he managed to have a fruitful top-level career until the age of 35 by learning when to step it down a notch. To do that, he needs a club that will be patient and understand that this is a transient thing, and a fanbase to match.

I agree. We have the squad depth and quality to cope as well. 

He looked good, probably our only winger who is dangerous, unpredictable and direct on the wing, none of this stop, back pass to full back or side pass to midfielder. It's dummies and trying to dribble pass the defender, cutting in and trying to shoot or provide the killer pass.

I'd seen enough of him last season to know that if he can stay fit he can be our trump card like Hazard was, in my opinion he is a cut above everyone else in the squad attacking wise.

37 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Most important part of the game for me, I don't think I've reassessed or gone over any of the highlights, I'm still analysing his beard. 

I'm very surprised @Munkworth hasn't said a word about it yet. 

Mentioned in the match day thread, he’s getting ready to replace Giroud as the squads sex bomb!