Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Also I just realized, the CONCACAF Gold cup is this summer as well as the Nation's league.  So CP will probably be active with USMNT for most of the summer.

It won't be as bad as if World Cup qualifying was also in swing but it's still significant work.

1 minute ago, goose said:

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and I’d rather yours right but I don’t think he is all that. He had a bright start at Dortmund and I think as usual Chelsea got attracted to the bright new shiny thing to replace Hazard.  At Dortmund at the end he was behind Sancho who was 2 years his junior.

To blame Chelsea for his injuries goes a bit far. They have a world class medical facility hiring top people who have seen similar injuries time and time again who want nothing more than a fully fit player.

Maybe his body isn’t up to top class football on a regular basis. 

Regardless of what either of us thinks of his talent level or his body's ability to handle the rigors of top league football, as an Orthopedic Surgeon I can tell you that he has not been given the proper time to heal.  Chelsea is indeed responsible for his continued struggles with this hamstring problem as they continue to put him in, if only for mop up duty.  You are not going to get CP that you want if you do not allow him to heal.  Chelsea wants him healthy, but their medical staff do not make the decisions.  This happens at all levels of professional sports, medical professionals can offer their medical advice, but it is often trumped by the needs and wants of the team.

1 minute ago, Valpo said:

Also I just realized, the CONCACAF Gold cup is this summer as well as the Nation's league.  So CP will probably be active with USMNT for most of the summer.

It won't be as bad as if World Cup qualifying was also in swing but it's still significant work.

Yes this worries me too...team USA is better with him, but long term he would be better off sitting the summer out.

I have to agree with others here about Mount.

As of right now and this season, Mount is the most importance and productive player for Chelsea. Period.

Pulisic brings a different skillsets to the game, if he he can do what he did late last season for a whole entire season; then there's argument to be made that he's the best player on the roster.

But it's not a about who's best, why can't we have two best players? If Pulisic and Mount can both stay healthy and remain on top form, this Chelsea team would be a beast to compete against.

Just now, haviet1 said:

As of right now and this season, Mount is the most importance and productive player for Chelsea. Period.

Pulisic brings a different skillsets to the game, if he he can do what he did late last season for a whole entire season; then there's argument to be made that he's the best player on the roster.

But it's not a about who's best, why can't we have two best players? If Pulisic and Mount can both stay healthy and remain on top form, this Chelsea team would be a beast to compete against.

Totally agree!!!  To get that ,the club needs to put CP on the pine for the rest of the season and team USA needs to play without him until the fall WC qualifiers start!

31 minutes ago, sstarrx2 said:

Regardless of what either of us thinks of his talent level or his body's ability to handle the rigors of top league football, as an Orthopedic Surgeon I can tell you that he has not been given the proper time to heal.  Chelsea is indeed responsible for his continued struggles with this hamstring problem as they continue to put him in, if only for mop up duty.  You are not going to get CP that you want if you do not allow him to heal.  Chelsea wants him healthy, but their medical staff do not make the decisions.  This happens at all levels of professional sports, medical professionals can offer their medical advice, but it is often trumped by the needs and wants of the team.

I think you are questioning other top medical professionals without knowing the ins and outs of the injury, the patient  and the treatments. I can’t see Chelsea FC continually going against medical advice whenever it is risking the very considerable investment.

Roben had similar injury runs when here at Chelsea although some of the treatment he received from defenders was brutal. He was brilliant for us many many times but only really became a consistent world class player when he moved abroad. Maybe Pulisic needs to do the same.

11 minutes ago, goose said:

I think you are questioning other top medical professionals without knowing the ins and outs of the injury, the patient  and the treatments. I can’t see Chelsea FC continually going against medical advice whenever it is risking the very considerable investment.

Roben had similar injury runs when here at Chelsea although some of the treatment he received from defenders was brutal. He was brilliant for us many many times but only really became a consistent world class player when he moved abroad. Maybe Pulisic needs to do the same.

LOL...he needs to go to another EPL team that will allow him the proper time to heal...then Chelsea will take their licks

I actually think he is starting to look like the player we saw at the back end if last season, fantastic movement and strike last night, so unlucky not to score. 

Grabbed a goal in the WBA defeat, and got motm in the fa cup game before the break. 

I think he is absolutely quality personally, trouble is he picks up niggles all season, and he seems like one of these players that take an age to get back to sharpness. 

I also think he has been trying to do to much this season, instead of letting it come naturally. Maybe it was getting that number 10 shirt, or seeing competition nrought in for his place, or even trying to impress Tuchel, things on the the pitch have not been going this way.

Hopefully he finishes the season like he did last summer.

2 minutes ago, big blue said:

I actually think he is starting to look like the player we saw at the back end if last season, fantastic movement and strike last night, so unlucky not to score. 

Grabbed a goal in the WBA defeat, and got motm in the fa cup game before the break. 

I think he is absolutely quality personally, trouble is he picks up niggles all season, and he seems like one of these players that take an age to get back to sharpness. 

I also think he has been trying to do to much this season, instead of letting it come naturally. Maybe it was getting that number 10 shirt, or seeing competition nrought in for his place, or even trying to impress Tuchel, things on the the pitch have not been going this way.

Hopefully he finishes the season like he did last summer.

It's the same niggle...he has really had two big injuries in his career I think.  He had some sort of back injury that kept him out for awhile, then that hamstring, which has never healed properly.  He has looked better lately, but I still do not see that burst back.  He can still put himself or others in position to score without that burst, but with it he is going to score more easy goals.

5 minutes ago, sstarrx2 said:

It's the same niggle...he has really had two big injuries in his career I think.  He had some sort of back injury that kept him out for awhile, then that hamstring, which has never healed properly.  He has looked better lately, but I still do not see that burst back.  He can still put himself or others in position to score without that burst, but with it he is going to score more easy goals.

He still has that burst in him, and as we saw last night, once he gets in, there is no catching him.

The more he plays and stays fit, the more comfidence he has in his body. I just think he is looking sharper, less dribbling into danger, and more direct in his movement with and without the ball. 

Im pretty confident if he stays fit, he will show his class in the run in. 

14 minutes ago, sstarrx2 said:

LOL...he needs to go to another EPL team that will allow him the proper time to heal...then Chelsea will take their licks

LOL.... think there’s more chance of him playing in the MLS.

Would be interesting to revisit this in 5 years time and I hope he’s still at Chelsea. Means he will have turned things round. Would hate to think that he had been given the season off only for him to come back the same and having attained 200 appearances 130 from the bench.

Seriously think he’ll find a decent career in Spain/Italy.

5 minutes ago, goose said:

LOL.... think there’s more chance of him playing in the MLS.

Would be interesting to revisit this in 5 years time and I hope he’s still at Chelsea. Means he will have turned things round. Would hate to think that he had been given the season off only for him to come back the same and having attained 200 appearances 130 from the bench.

Seriously think he’ll find a decent career in Spain/Italy.

Now you are just trying to troll me...you say one thing but really mean another.  Whatever man.  Hazard had a great career at Chelsea and moved to Spain gets hurt and has  not done sh*te since.  It's not the league, it's the injury.  I have no doubt he will have a great career in any league, if he can stay healthy.  If the EPL was really all that, EPL teams would win the Champions league more often than 20% of the time. CP can handle the EPL

2 hours ago, haviet1 said:

As I said, Mount it he most consistently good field player.  He does not have many bad games period nor is he injured.  (Mendy is also consistently good.)

I feel like Pulisic has a higher ceiling than anyone on the team but he is not reaching that ceiling when he does play and his nagging injury problems hold him back further.  

Right now I can't blame Tuchel for playing him as a sub.  You can't rely upon him to play for 90.  

2 hours ago, sstarrx2 said:

Yes this worries me too...team USA is better with him, but long term he would be better off sitting the summer out.

Yeah with meaningful games coming up and Berhalter eager to convince an extremely skeptical fan base that he's up to the task, there is no way he's going to leave his best player off the roster this summer.

1 hour ago, sstarrx2 said:

Now you are just trying to troll me...you say one thing but really mean another.  Whatever man.  Hazard had a great career at Chelsea and moved to Spain gets hurt and has  not done sh*te since.  It's not the league, it's the injury.  I have no doubt he will have a great career in any league, if he can stay healthy.  If the EPL was really all that, EPL teams would win the Champions league more often than 20% of the time. CP can handle the EPL

You come on this forum a few weeks ago, and all your posts are I believe on this thread in support if your man CP. Ok I understand you being American and wanting your man to do well but you blame Chelsea football club for his form at every opportunity and have been fairly disrespectful, make your eyes bleed do we. Putting down some of our transfer errors. We are the one of the most successful European clubs in this past 20 years. You seem to know the answers which our medical team don’t and know how CP feels every time he makes a run.

What a wonderful job our fantastic medical team done for 7 years keeping Hazard fit btw. The most brutally hacked down player in the premiership.

You’re remark about the the EPL in Europe shows that you just don’t get it. It is the hardest league, that does not mean the best teams. This means that there are many more evenly matched teams playing each other week in week out. No easy games in the EPL. Other leagues are dominated by 2/3 teams at most and about half their games are easy were they can rotate and rest players without much chance of defeat. The EPLis physically hard on players and not all people can adapt. At the end of a long hard season you can see why Prem teams struggle to win Champions league but at a guess reaching the quarter finals EPL should be up there at there.

I don’t tend to get into heated discussions on the forum and during my previous posts I tried to remain respectful and light hearted. Then you accuse me of trolling. I find that offensive and I will not be replying to you again.

3 hours ago, big blue said:

He still has that burst in him, and as we saw last night, once he gets in, there is no catching him.

The more he plays and stays fit, the more comfidence he has in his body. I just think he is looking sharper, less dribbling into danger, and more direct in his movement with and without the ball. 

This is a good and fair take.

The best thing that can be done right now is managing his fitness and game time, as he's still working to full recovery. You can see that Pulisic checked himself out of a game as soon as he feels something is not quite right. Rather be safe than sorry.

48 minutes ago, goose said:

You come on this forum a few weeks ago, and all your posts are I believe on this thread in support if your man CP. Ok I understand you being American and wanting your man to do well but you blame Chelsea football club for his form at every opportunity and have been fairly disrespectful, make your eyes bleed do we. Putting down some of our transfer errors. We are the one of the most successful European clubs in this past 20 years. You seem to know the answers which our medical team don’t and know how CP feels every time he makes a run.

What a wonderful job our fantastic medical team done for 7 years keeping Hazard fit btw. The most brutally hacked down player in the premiership.

You’re remark about the the EPL in Europe shows that you just don’t get it. It is the hardest league, that does not mean the best teams. This means that there are many more evenly matched teams playing each other week in week out. No easy games in the EPL. Other leagues are dominated by 2/3 teams at most and about half their games are easy were they can rotate and rest players without much chance of defeat. The EPLis physically hard on players and not all people can adapt. At the end of a long hard season you can see why Prem teams struggle to win Champions league but at a guess reaching the quarter finals EPL should be up there at there.

I don’t tend to get into heated discussions on the forum and during my previous posts I tried to remain respectful and light hearted. Then you accuse me of trolling. I find that offensive and I will not be replying to you again.

Good because you have no clue what you are talking about!  Only a troll would go back and read a bunch of old posts to try to defend his point of view.  Yes the way TT plays football makes my eyes bleed.  However as long as he wins he will keep people happy no matter how boring it is to watch.

12 hours ago, big blue said:

I said earlier in this thread I dont think its all down to physical injuries, I think he has mental problems that have been brought on by those injuries. He is scared to play with any kind of pull or minor knock, as seen last week when he couldnt come on as sub. If he cant get over that then I dont think he will have any kind of career with us unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I said earlier in this thread I dont think its all down to physical injuries, I think he has mental problems that have been brought on by those injuries. He is scared to play with any kind of pull or minor knock, as seen last week when he couldnt come on as sub. If he cant get over that then I dont think he will have any kind of career with us unfortunately. 

He does not have a minor pull or knock.  He has a torn ham string that has not healed properly.  I am sure he is worried about it and it hinders him mentally. It is a major injury that if not handled properly will end his career.

If it's not healed properly he should forget playing international football totally until it has healed properly, maybe take the whole summer to rest, give it 8 weeks and then rejoin the Chelsea team for pre-season.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

That was a really nasty tear in the cup final though. Surely that fear is a little bit expected with that type of injury, especially since he reinjured it, or at least felt pain it again after he came back originally and had to have a few more weeks out.

Just looking at the games he has missed, and i was suprised to see has barely missed a game since Spurs at home, after he came back from the set back when he pulled put of the burnley game. 

Hopefully he is just being cautious, and it was great to see that whatever he felt against west brom, it didn't seem to knock his confidence in next game. 

Bit early to put him in the owen/robben sort of bracket, but if he gets another big muscle injury in  the next 18 months, then i think it will be time to worry.

I've been watching football for well over 50 years and hamstring injuries have always been part of the game. Of course some are worse than others but I'm sure professional medical teams know how bad they are and how best to treat them. Don't see why Pulicic's hamstring should be so much worse than anyone who has gone before him!

On his day he's a very good player and a big asset and I certainly don't want another KDB / Salah scenario but then neither of those were / are so injury prone so time will tell if he can become the player we all hope he can be, but if not, I don't see him coming back to haunt us.

Edited by Nibs

39 minutes ago, sstarrx2 said:

He does not have a minor pull or knock.  He has a torn ham string that has not healed properly.  I am sure he is worried about it and it hinders him mentally. It is a major injury that if not handled properly will end his career.

I doubt it hasnt fully healed, Im sure it has been checked with scans loads of times, and if it wasnt healed, he wouldnt be playing. 

55 minutes ago, coco said:

If it's not healed properly he should forget playing international football totally until it has healed properly, maybe take the whole summer to rest, give it 8 weeks and then rejoin the Chelsea team for pre-season.

100% agree with this statement!

52 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I've been watching football for well over 50 years and hamstring injuries have always been part of the game. Of course some are worse than others but I'm sure professional medical teams know how bad they are and how best to treat them. Don't see why Pulicic's hamstring should be so much worse than anyone who has gone before him!

On his day he's a very good player and a big asset and I certainly don't want another KDB / Salah scenario but then neither of those were / are so injury prone so time will tell if he can become the player we all hope he can be, but if not, I don't see him coming back to haunt us.

All true...but every person is different!  Torn muscles have ended careers.  Luckily he is young and has a good chance to heal if treated properly.