Christian Pulisic - Official

First American to score a goal in the semi-finals of the Champion's league.  

Also currently holds the records for most career Champion's league goals by an American and most career Champion's league assists by an American.

27 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

I think TT has a problem to solve next season.

How does he get all four of Mount, Pulisic, Kai, and Timo on the field at the same time?

Clearly they all are very talented and need to be starting.

With these 4 in attack, I see a new Chelsea era of dominance. 

He has that problem now, a good problem. O am sure he would love it if Ziyech, CHO et al were giving him more of a headache.

Agreed. I don't expect him to solve that problem this season as he needs to win in quick order, and organize the defense. But next season, I expect him to find ways to get these 4 on the fields as I don't any of them would be happy to sit on the bench.

CHO is a very curious case, I have been wondering what happens to him. But with those 4, it would be hard for anyone to get on the field over them.

For some reason, I just don't feel like Ziyech fits into the way Chelsea play. He just seems off for some reason, to me at least.

1 hour ago, haviet1 said:

I think TT has a problem to solve next season.

How does he get all four of Mount, Pulisic, Kai, and Timo on the field at the same time?

Clearly they all are very talented and need to be starting.

With these 4 in attack, I see a new Chelsea era of dominance. 

Only one way, by switching formation. Dropping one of the CB's and putting somebody else in offense. Do we want to do that though? It's a very tough call to make.

13 minutes ago, goose said:

Only saw YouTube highlights of tonight’s game but CP’s assist to the mount goal showed a lot of class and calmness to delay the ball to the perfect time.

Yes, that was a joy to see. 

Most players would just send that cross in on first touch, and would be easily blocked as there was a lot of traffic in that area.

19 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He makes those arrogant players look like shyte, you know he's in their heads when all they can do is to kick him down, love the fact that he scored and assisted against Real Madrid.

I thin that's probably the only way to defend him. EPL teams do it too.

10 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Havertz got in on the act too, after Nacho's theatrics he just started nutmegging him for fun

That was awesome. Nacho was a right little c**t tonight. Not even a good player either.

I don't think Tuchel sees it as a problem, quite the contrary. Just like City's quadruple's quest, I believe this team as it is can finally start working towards it, which is kinda funny considering our last few seasons without coming close to challenge for the PL title. Having all those quality players available, sometimes from the get go, sometimes from the bench will be of the utmost importance. Maybe if they all had started tonight's match we could all be talking about how Eden & Benzema tore our 2 defenders apart and our subs didn't have the quality to change the game. 

If we do stick with 3 at the back, there will be plenty of chances for all those players and for TT it will be about finding the right mismatches along the season. As long as they believe in the project and we're competing in every front, we shouldn't be worried about losing anyone of importance due to not starting enough games.

We may lose some Tammys or Alonsos along the way, but that's only natural, just like City lost Sancho and will lose Garcia. Hopefully we just get the balance right between major signings and upcoming talent from academy in what's already a pretty young side. Really excited with that potential TT's dinasty taking over Guardiola's City. Just hope our guys feel the same. 

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Only one way, by switching formation. Dropping one of the CB's and putting somebody else in offense. Do we want to do that though? It's a very tough call to make.

Massive headache defensively.

It was one of our biggest problem under lamp. We probably need another kante and i'm still not sure that it will beenough. 

Playing really well at the moment. He's taking his man on a lot and making space and chances for himself and the team. 

The way he had the confidence to wait until the pass/cross was on to set up Mount's winner speaks volumes for how well he's playing at the moment. Think he'll get a start at the weekend against City. 

1 hour ago, Browerkid said:

I think we will be playing a back 4 against 80% of the teams we play next season. Just a guess.  4-4-2 seems interesting with Kai and Timo up front.  

I don't understand why we would play a back 4 when the back 3 has been working so well for us thus far.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

3 hours ago, Valpo said:

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

You have to be proactive. 

Teams will ultimately find ways to stop your 3 CBs game plans, you need to have alternate options available to counter.

15 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't see why he'd change.  I don't like the 3-5 personally because it's kinda boring, but damn, it's hard to deny TTs results.  

15 hours ago, goose said:

Only saw YouTube highlights of tonight’s game but CP’s assist to the mount goal showed a lot of class and calmness to delay the ball to the perfect time.

The goal in the first leg showed the same class and calmness.  I think the kid is kinda mental.  He does show up in the big matches though, last year and this year.  

Just go play CP.