Christian Pulisic - Official

Sindre

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

shocked close up GIF

We The People Fishman GIF by Scott

How did he do? 😁

Not that great, the whole team barely got by Honduras with a goal from a sub in the 89th minute.  

The whole attack looked pretty disjointed really.

That said Honduras was clearly playing for the draw.  They were wasting tons of time.  Apparently the rule in the semi final of the nation's league (but not the final for some reason) is that a draw goes straight to penalties with no extra time.

They apparently felt their best chance to win was to take it to penalties.

Either way US got the win, on to the finals.

Edited by Valpo

On 02/06/2021 at 17:01, Clover362 said:

Seems clear that Tuchel rates CP high enough that he won't ask the team to unload him.  Thus, any move would probably have to be initiated by Pulisic and I don' see him asking for a move.    

Reports out of London are that Chelsea are trying to unload 11 players now - with Pulisic being the marquee player in that group. Seems I might not be too far off on my thoughts after all.

51 minutes ago, USATim said:

Reports out of London are that Chelsea are trying to unload 11 players now - with Pulisic being the marquee player in that group. Seems I might not be too far off on my thoughts after all.

When he's actually been sold, you can claim your victory, until then 'reports out of London' are nothing more than just rumours.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, USATim said:

What does that mean... Reports from where? If you are going to say that add a link.. 

Edited by guddy69

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, guddy69 said:

What does that mean... Reports from where? If you are going to say that add a link.. 

It is a bit like this one:

Reports from my imagination have claimed to seen the successful cloning of a prime Didier Drogba, who has now signed a multi year deal lead Chelsea's front line next season.

Others rumours have stated that a Gianfranco Zola clone is well on his way to completion. However the club abandoned plans for  a chopper harris clone with VAR not willing to offer him exception status for his...unique style of play...

Edited by axman2526

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Reports from my imagination have claimed to seen the successful cloning of a prime Didier Drogba, who has now signed a multi year deal lead Chelsea's front line next season.

Others rumours have stated that a Gianfranco Zola clone is well on his way to completion. However the club abandoned plans for  a chopper harris clone with VAR not willing to offer him exception status for his...unique style of play...

Ok, Deuchebag: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-make-decision-11-players-24237508

7 minutes ago, USATim said:

Both stories are sourced from the same Daily Mail story. I think in terms of sources they are probably the least accurate going round. 

I'd imagine we would want to keep Pulisic. He's an excellent player (although not a perfect fit for the Tuchel system). We would also be silly to remove him purely from the free media he provides in the US market. 

He'd have to push hard to leave and having just won a Champions League, why would he?

Posted (edited)

This guys got an agenda. Luckily the fans want him here and most importantly so do the club..he has that star quality, but he also needs to come to terms that he cant play every game, one because of his fitness  and two because we have a big talented squad. Hes played a lot of games near the end of the season, and whilst i really rate him, he deserved to be benched for the final because his performances werent at their usual electric best last few weeks. He will prove to be an important player next year and hes in the best place he could be right now. He seems happy and hes not stupid enough to listen to a small minority of usa fans who keep complaining if he doesnt play every minute of every single game.

Edited by Oli

1 hour ago, USATim said:

54 minutes ago, guddy69 said:

Try not to EVER look at that crappy site again...   They just write nonsense all the time.   :0)

As guddy put it, try not to EVER look at that crappy Daily Rag again... they just write nonsense all the time :0)

They are also as reliable and as factual as my clone story.

1 hour ago, USATim said:

This is what that article wrote about Giroud, on the day it was announced the club have extended his contract by a further year:

According to the Daily Mail, as many as eight players could be sold, while Olivier Giroud is expected to leave on a free transfer at the end of his contract this summer, 

19 hours ago, USATim said:

11 make sense 

Bakayoko, Tomori, Caballero, Van ginkel that is already 4

Villa will probably sign Barkley. 

Who else do we still have on the book? Moses? Baba rahman? 

Plus the youth player, probably more than 11

Posted (edited)

I really hope he isn’t sold. He has massive potential. More importantly he brings the USA market in and the revenue that comes with it. I saw some where his jersey sold the second most next to Messi this year. Keep him, his skill being subbed in and the revenue. 

Edited by Mouwry

I can't say that I give the slightest sh*t about American expectations. Pulisic will start when he plays well enough. This season he has consistently been nowhere good enough.

I think that he is young and showed enough last season (particularly towards the end when he was excellent) that we should keep him, but at the moment he is deservedly benched.

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

11 make sense 

Bakayoko, Tomori, Caballero, Van ginkel that is already 4

Villa will probably sign Barkley. 

Who else do we still have on the book? Moses? Baba rahman? 

Plus the youth player, probably more than 11

Pulisic will stay hopefully. Woudl be ludicrous to let him go.

Villa won't sign Barkley. Did not impress last few months and Dean Smith all but confirmed he will return to us.

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Any reports on a Cudicini clone? Asking for a friend...

I think we can conclude that Tuchel is letting the American market down big time by not starting Pulicic every match. Thankfully Matt Miazga may get his umpteenth shot at impressing the manager during the pre-season and save US soccer.

1 hour ago, STATS said:

Pulisic will stay hopefully. Woudl be ludicrous to let him go.

Villa won't sign Barkley. Did not impress last few months and Dean Smith all but confirmed he will return to us.

I really can't see Pulisic being sold, probably fake news.

Who can afford his wages and fees? The Spanish and Italian clubs are in financial mess. Chelsea probably don't want to sell to another EPL team. That leaves just PSG and Bayern, and I think those teams already got enough quality attackers/wingers on their rosters.

Pulisic is 22, and we all know what he can bring when healthy and in form. He just need to bring that consistency throughout the season. It's very realistic to see him at Chelsea next season, see if he can bring that productivity and consistency, if not then maybe it's time to say goodbye.

37 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

I really can't see Pulisic being sold, probably fake news.

Who can afford his wages and fees? The Spanish and Italian clubs are in financial mess. Chelsea probably don't want to sell to another EPL team. That leaves just PSG and Bayern, and I think those teams already got enough quality attackers/wingers on their rosters.

Pulisic is 22, and we all know what he can bring when healthy and in form. He just need to bring that consistency throughout the season. It's very realistic to see him at Chelsea next season, see if he can bring that productivity and consistency, if not then maybe it's time to say goodbye.

But again even if he does not perform at that age consistently, we still should stick by him. 22/23 years of age is very young. What is clear that he has excellent ability and if he reaches his potential, can be world class. He defo will have his moments next season where he frustrates, however if he stays fit, he will also have his spells where he tears teams apart.

Just thinking on Pulisic yes he could be sold providing a suitable buyer could be found.

I was looking at Adama Traore as someone mentioned we were interested and see him as right sided player that runs at defenders at pace and bounces off challenges.

If this were to occur we might see Werner going off and Traore coming on down the right with Pulisic moving to the left, which might be more fruitful.

Traore when running seems to attract two to three defenders and this could provide more space for Pulisic when we think Werner is not working. 

Not convinced Traore is the player we will go for yet for Pulisic to flourish he needs a spell playing on the left side so for this to happen we need a physical force either down the centre or on the right to give Pulisic a little space to work his magic.