Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

21 minutes ago, STATS said:

Feels like he has been on the scene for time, it is difficult to actually realise he is still only 20. 

That's the most exciting thing, how young he is, and it's the reason he cost so much.

23 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

That's the most exciting thing, how young he is, and it's the reason he cost so much.

Lets not start talking about his price again!!

Excited to see how he does this season, I saw a comment somewhere "it would be just like Chelsea to lose Hazard and win the league" - if Pulisic turns up then who knows. 

3 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Lets not start talking about his price again!!

Excited to see how he does this season, I saw a comment somewhere "it would be just like Chelsea to lose Hazard and win the league" - if Pulisic turns up then who knows. 

I digress!

44 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Am waiting for his dry spell to see the meltdown, his talent is evident and he should be given time to adapt.

+ he is only 20 years old, but even CP knows the expectations are crazy wild. Check this clip out

I was on another messageboard & fools were saying that the Chelsea players aren't good enough to play with CP :face_palm:

I can't remember where, but I remember discussing how "of course he isn't Hazard." but he is far more direct.  I think some of the most frustrating times watching Eden was when you'd be screaming "just shooooootttt!!!!" at him.  I don't think we'll see that with Pulisic.  But I also believe, at least for now, that we won't see CP put entire defences on their arse as he dribbles around them

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mad_mac said:

I can't remember where, but I remember discussing how "of course he isn't Hazard." but he is far more direct.  I think some of the most frustrating times watching Eden was when you'd be screaming "just shooooootttt!!!!" at him.  I don't think we'll see that with Pulisic.  But I also believe, at least for now, that we won't see CP put entire defences on their arse as he dribbles around th

We've lacked pace and direct play up front for years. This looks like a player who fits that mould. I feel the same way.

Hazard is his best when he's moving side to side and un-balancing defenders which makes him impossible to stop for 1 or sometimes 2 defenders. Christian creates the same problem but for different reasons. I don't think we'll have to scream 'just shooooot' with him very often. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

I think a few of those assumptions are a little unfair about Hazard not being direct enough as a couple of those titles which we won were due to fast paced counter attacking football which was mainly down to Hazard's direct approach. The main reason for Hazard slowing play down was usually due to defenders doubling up on him and cutting off attacking channels or lack of attacking options with players not willing to make runs in behind.

I think we really missed an opportunity whilst Hazard was here to get someone truly world class on the right that would have afforded Hazard a little more freedom to maybe be a little more direct than we wouldve liked. 

Fair play, he's looked really good so far, hopefully he can carry that on into the season and go from strength to strength. He definitely has the right attitude, which as we've seen before, is just as important as talent if you want to be the best...Frank knows that as much as anyone so I'm sure Christian can learn a lot from him. He's got all the right attributes; pace, skill and directness, plus it seems like he has a good finish on him, so it'll be exciting to see him develop. 

Wow I didn't realise he is only 20 - together with CHO (18), Mount (20), Tammy (21) and RLC (23), it's going to be fascinating seeing how these guys develop and grow together.

26 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I think he should have started instead of Pedro 🙂

Should have started over Barkley. I dunno why Barkley was put out wide. I suppose the thinking was he could cut in and take shots, but Barkley just disappointed again. 

18 minutes ago, enigma said:

Should have started over Barkley. I dunno why Barkley was put out wide. I suppose the thinking was he could cut in and take shots, but Barkley just disappointed again. 

When CHO, RLC & Willian are fit and Mount is in form I think Barkley will struggle to make the bench. Hasn’t built on his good pre-season form at all. 

16 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

When CHO, RLC & Willian are fit and Mount is in form I think Barkley will struggle to make the bench. Hasn’t built on his good pre-season form at all. 

Blimey, it's only the first game!

When everyone is fit and available, hopefully sooner rather than later, I have a feeling Jorginho will struggle to get in the starting line-up.

I actually thought that Barkley looked like one of the more dangerous players going forward. I thought he put good pressure on the United back line. He's the hammer we need sometimes. 

I probably would have started Pulisic / Barkley / Pedro

and I would have subbed Pulisic on for Pedro at halftime

25 minutes ago, just said:

Blimey, it's only the first game!

When everyone is fit and available, hopefully sooner rather than later, I have a feeling Jorginho will struggle to get in the starting line-up.

He was pretty poor in the last game he played too. Jorginho seems like he’s the reverse Costa, sh*t for the first half of the season then he starts playing!

26 minutes ago, just said:

should drop him now,  kante and kovacic is the best option.

10 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I actually thought that Barkley looked like one of the more dangerous players going forward. I thought he put good pressure on the United back line. He's the hammer we need sometimes. 

I probably would have started Pulisic / Barkley / Pedro

and I would have subbed Pulisic on for Pedro at halftime

i thought Barkley did well , we suffered after he was replaced ,don't understand this anti Barclay stuff.

Pedro poor again!!