Christian Pulisic - Official

Thought he was excellent against Liverpool, though unfortunately against Leicester he never really got into the game. I suppose these little inconsistencies are to be expected with a 20 year old.

I don't see him having much trouble adapting long-term and expect him to be a key player for us once he settles.

Good run and assist to Mount for the second goal, and was involved in the build up for the first.  Should have scored on the long ball from Jorginho.  Overall not a bad performance, but you can tell he’s still adjusting.  Not as incisive and his dribbling is still a little loose - think the latter is just down to him getting used to the speed of the game in the PL.

Pulisic is one of the few players so far that i have been a bit meh over. He reminds me of an Oscar Lite, and definitley needs to "man up" to compete in this league.

At the moment i kind of wish that we had gone the extra mile and got Sancho instead of Pulisic. It now looks like much of what the naysayers were saying when we signed him off of Dortmund's bench may actually be true at the moment.

2 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Pulisic is one of the few players so far that i have been a bit meh over. He reminds me of an Oscar Lite, and definitley needs to "man up" to compete in this league.

At the moment i kind of wish that we had gone the extra mile and got Sancho instead of Pulisic. It now looks like much of what the naysayers were saying when we signed him off of Dortmund's bench may actually be true at the moment.

3 games in and 20 years old.  He’ll be just fine.  Nobody was over the moon with Hazard right away either.  Even the best needed time to adjust when they were young and first moved to the PL.

Just now, mwblue10 said:

3 games in and 20 years old.  He’ll be just fine.  Nobody was over the moon with Hazard right away either.  Even the best needed time to adjust when they were young and first moved to the PL.

Agreed, as long as Frank is able to maintain a meritocracy because if this all takes off we're going to have a pretty strong group of attacking midfielders. With Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, RLC, and CHO,  all competing for the positions ( and of course Willian waving his arms around!) Pulisic needs to deliver pretty soon, because we cannot wait for the touchpaper to light if there are other players delivering.

30 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I was, as much as i like Pulisic, Hazard was a level above at that age.

His inconsistentcy right now isn't surprising, i would hope he gets rotated a bit more while acclimating, in an ideal world he would be behind a top class senior player for a gradual handover (like with the two Silva's at City).

He definitely has a lot more gears to reach under the right coaching mind, he's been criticised for his goal record but at the same age Sterling and CR7's ratio's were similar.

We didn't sign a superstar, we signed potential, that is something we need to remember. He wasn't a regular scorer or somebody that dominated games in Germany, so we shouldn't expect that here with us right now. He's showing flashes of his talent so far, we just need to hope that he turns those moments into a regular thing as time goes on.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

Hazard was amazing from the get go, he was more adventurous and more exciting to watch than when Jose took over.

Pulisic is showing a lot of promise and already looks better than 80% of Willian's regular performances. I think he will adjust and step up another level this season.

55 minutes ago, Valerie said:

He does seem rather slender, or is just a matter of deceiving appearances?

Yeah he seems to be getting pushed off the ball alot, but he's still only young.

17 minutes ago, Hazard STAY said:

This is Edens debut for us. Come on, everyone was over the moon. 

Dont count that as his debut, his debut was Wigan away in the Prem and he won us the game in the first half. If Pulisic is 40% as good as Hazard il be happy.

36 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Yeah he seems to be getting pushed off the ball alot, but he's still only young.

Dont count that as his debut, his debut was Wigan away in the Prem and he won us the game in the first half. If Pulisic is 40% as good as Hazard il be happy.

I actually said Hazard was going to be a flop because of those pre season games in America when we lost to an MLS team and Hazard was getting bullied off the ball. 

How wrong I was... Thank god. But we really need to refrain from comparing Pulisic to Hazard, it isn't fair and players like Hazard are 1 in a million and even that's being kind. Pulisic seems really good and I'm happy with that, he seems to have more pace than Hazard and he looked a bit better infront of goal than Hazard did, which I hope is the case, that was one of Eden's downfalls for me. 

If Pulisic is half the player Hazard is, I would be happy, that's still a good player. 

Edited by Slojo

My hazard debut was seeing him live vs Man City at the CS held at Villa Park.... I believe he tripped over the ball at one point trying to do a trick..... and obviously he never recovered from that.

When Hazard first joined there was no guarantee he would become what he did/is.  He was perhaps a higher level of potential than Pusilic, but he was still potential and not a proven super star.

Pusilic will obviously never be Hazard 2.0, but he could still be massively important to the success of this squad in time.

3 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

My hazard debut was seeing him live vs Man City at the CS held at Villa Park.... I believe he tripped over the ball at one point trying to do a trick..... and obviously he never recovered from that.

When Hazard first joined there was no guarantee he would become what he did/is.  He was perhaps a higher level of potential than Pusilic, but he was still potential and not a proven super star.

Pusilic will obviously never be Hazard 2.0, but he could still be massively important to the success of this squad in time.

Oh yeah I remember that lol, that was in the community shield, he actually had a good game in that he just made a mistake. 

Pulisic is 19 and averaged .5 non-penalty goals+assists per 90 minutes last year in the Bundesliga. He needs to add some muscle, but man, the kid can really play. Give him some time. Pulisic will be a contributor for a Champions League team for a long time. The only question is if he will be a superstar, star, or role player. 

I think he's done enough to stop this talk of him being a bust. He hasn't scored yet but he's assisted and been intergal to the build up to a couple goals so far. We're only 3 matches in and he's playing a big role for us. The goals will come, probably not as many as Hazard but who cares if he scores then as long as he has a hand in them. 

We paid a lot of money for Pulisic but im delighted we got him in when we did and beat the transfer ban as the kid can play.

Himself and Odoi on the flanks for us going forward will be massive threats, both can play off either foot and are very quick across the ground.

I cant see either of them getting 15-20 PL goals and matching Hazards figures, not just yet, but I've faith that they'll push on and be a force in the PL in the next 2 years.

On 26/08/2019 at 13:29, Slojo said:

I actually said Hazard was going to be a flop because of those pre season games in America when we lost to an MLS team and Hazard was getting bullied off the ball. 

How wrong I was... Thank god. But we really need to refrain from comparing Pulisic to Hazard, it isn't fair and players like Hazard are 1 in a million and even that's being kind. Pulisic seems really good and I'm happy with that, he seems to have more pace than Hazard and he looked a bit better infront of goal than Hazard did, which I hope is the case, that was one of Eden's downfalls for me. 

If Pulisic is half the player Hazard is, I would be happy, that's still a good player. 

Hazard scored 20 league goals the season before he joined, Pulisic is absolutely not better in front of goal

On 25/08/2019 at 23:24, WhiteWall said:

Agreed, as long as Frank is able to maintain a meritocracy because if this all takes off we're going to have a pretty strong group of attacking midfielders. With Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, RLC, and CHO,  all competing for the positions ( and of course Willian waving his arms around!) Pulisic needs to deliver pretty soon, because we cannot wait for the touchpaper to light if there are other players delivering.

😀