Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

On 13/10/2019 at 01:52, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

I honestly wish CHO and Pulisic would rotate.  Play one in one game, the next in another.

That would never work if someone's playing well they deserve to start on merit.

13 hours ago, bluehaze said:

That would never work if someone's playing well they deserve to start on merit.

Why not?  Shouldn't the club be trying to build and develop a team for the next 10 years?  We're not going to win the EPL this season, we won't win the CL this season, why not rotate players?

Fine, if CHO, Willian and Mount are all in form, start them game in and game out in the EPL, but then utilize a player like Pulisic for CL matches.  He wasn't even on the bench for Lille!  

Pulisic supporters aren't mad that he isn't starting ahead of certain players, we're upset that he is not even on the bench, and when he is is only seeing the pitch in the dying minutes of the game.  Unlike other countries, the USMNT is struggling hard, we need our best player getting actual game time at his club so it translates to his national team game.  You all should feel fortunate not to have to experience a situation like this.

3 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Why not?  Shouldn't the club be trying to build and develop a team for the next 10 years?  We're not going to win the EPL this season, we won't win the CL this season, why not rotate players?

Fine, if CHO, Willian and Mount are all in form, start them game in and game out in the EPL, but then utilize a player like Pulisic for CL matches.  He wasn't even on the bench for Lille!  

Pulisic supporters aren't mad that he isn't starting ahead of certain players, we're upset that he is not even on the bench, and when he is is only seeing the pitch in the dying minutes of the game.  Unlike other countries, the USMNT is struggling hard, we need our best player getting actual game time at his club so it translates to his national team game.  You all should feel fortunate not to have to experience a situation like this.

Any club look after its own interest, the predicaments of a national team are not a consideration. And for all we know, our coaching staff feel that right now Pulisic would be hindering instead of helping our chances in the CL (or any other competition)

Patience, hard work, settling in: that's all that is required, nothing else.

Edited by Valerie

7 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Pulisic supporters aren't mad that he isn't starting ahead of certain players, we're upset that he is not even on the bench, and when he is is only seeing the pitch in the dying minutes of the game.  Unlike other countries, the USMNT is struggling hard, we need our best player getting actual game time at his club so it translates to his national team game.

Maybe he should have joined a smaller club then, Tottenham for instance. 

At the end of the day it was his choice to come here. Nobody forced him. It’s a big club with big expectation and big ambition. The manager himself said that despite everything surrounding this season that this is still Chelsea Football Club and the expectation is to compete to win everything put in front of it.

Giving a player minutes who isn’t performing on the pitch and possibly even off it just because of a transfer fee/he’s the messiah of some country with a terrible pedigree of player doesn’t come in to consideration.

Willian and / or Pedro are on their way out. Either or both won't be here next season we can sensibly assume, so to the US fans... You people need to relax and let this season be about Pulisic working hard, adapting, biding his time and getting accustomed to English football. 

He's got quality and plenty of time.

I do think that Pulisic will come good and at least mostly justify his price tag.  He’s so young and will adjust - he has the right mentality.

At the same time, I can’t help but wonder what if we didn’t spend all that money on him in January?  We’d be in the same position with the squad, essentially, but would have much more in the chest and the benefit of being able to have our pick of wingers that are available.  I’m not so sure at this point that we will end up buying another winger, though I hope we do.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

At least we know that if the US national team fail to win the next WC, Chelsea will be blamed :laugh2:

Fail to win...more like fail to qualify! But they got it covered since they will be hosting it after the next one lol

Nice little cameo.

He is a useful option to bring off the bench because he accelerates quickly, especially when the ball is at his feet. Someone like that is always going to be handy against tired defences, especially since he acts as a 'dummy runner' - basically somebody who has the knack of drawing defenders onto him and leaving other attackers free. Better yet, he has the vision to pick out unmarked attackers and pass the ball to them. On three occasions so far that has led to goals - against Liverpool, Southampton and now Newcastle.  

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

At least we know that if the US national team fail to win the next WC, Chelsea will be blamed :laugh2:

Just add it to the ever increasing list; just behind everything Liverpool ever did wrong. 

Thought he played good when he came on.

The move with Abraham was unselfish and deserved a goal but was an excellent clearance more than a bad miss.

Definitely useful against tired defences or when the game is stretched. 

2 hours ago, the special one said:

Missed a sitter but then so did Mount in the first half.

For me he did enough to start away to Ajax. Mount needs a rest.

I wouldn't say Mount missed a sitter though, he had a lot to do in that position, most players would never have been able to control it and swirl it around like that. 

He just put it at the keeper. 

Pulisic definitely missed a sitter though, but he also changed the game, I hope he starts against Ajax. 

After watching the highlights I can only say that Pulisic missing after a deflected shot can't be worse from Tammy missing a tap in and Mount missing a free goal from around the penalty spot...

A great cameo today, really tore through them.  Seems like he's mostly keeping his head down and working hard in training, and he should definitely start a game soon.  I really hope he comes good, he and CHO could be like the days of Duff and Robben on the wings.

2 hours ago, Dan72 said:

A great cameo today, really tore through them.  Seems like he's mostly keeping his head down and working hard in training, and he should definitely start a game soon.  I really hope he comes good, he and CHO could be like the days of Duff and Robben on the wings.

Absolutely

Not sure how he does in training but love his attitude on the pitch

What I liked about him today is that everytime he got the ball he instantly/instinctively tried to be very positive. No fannying about looking to pass it on letting someone else do the difficult stuff. Looked like his confidence hasn't been knocked by not starting games and he's working hard to earn more playing time. 

Lampard was spot on, people got so much expectation on him, and so quickly became outraged about him not able to get minutes. USA lost that game that week, and somehow media made it all about Pullisic. He needs time and probably work harder in training, but he's been delievering in the cameos on the field, can't say the same about some others who played more regularly.

He's doing everything he needs to do to get into the starting 11. He's coming off the bench and having a positive impact on the game. Hudson-Odoi came off the bench against Lille and changed the game for us, Pulisic did the same tonight. If it wasn't for him, it probably would have finished 0-0.