Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

FIrst off, great win and top of the table. Congrats.

From a neutral fan perspective, that was a very exciting game to watch.

Question for you folks, do you think Pulisic did well enough these past few games to earn a start? 

I can see his confidence slowly coming back. When Pulisic starts to really have fun on the pitch, that's when you get the best of Pulisic.

Champagne problems! The depth we have in this side. Pulisic has been fantastic, but so has CHO, Willian and Mount, with Barkley strong and RLC coming back we are not short in this position. 

Very strong performances against Ajax and Newcastle.. i also do think fatigue caught up with willian.. so maybe he starts on the weekend.. but he seems to prefer the left side which means CHO may get dropped to the bench or start on the right.. but happy for the lad.. he seems very sensible in what he says.. i think SFL actually likes him... 

We had a thread before the season about what scares you. 

I posted that the negativity around Pulisic when he inevitably hits a rough patch scares me. Your country's best player going to your favorite team is daunting. 

The American media certainly hasn't helped with unrealistic expectations which fosters resentment, through no fault of Pulisic himself. 

I'll only say this... The kid can play... 

As an American Chelsea fan, I'm content with his integration into the team and his contribution on the pitch. I'm looking forward to more competition for spots in the starting XI

Youth, talent, depth, competition.. That's what is good for Chelsea. I'm a Chelsea fan first. 

2 hours ago, DumbYank said:

CP looked deadly on that left side.  Almost everyone of his touches was dangerous and purposeful.

What do you know, you’re just a dumb yank! 

Although you are correct on this occasion. 

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Here is a pretty good article on Pulisic and people to stop panicking about him:

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/10/24/20930225/christian-pulisic-chelsea-career-frank-lampard

Enjoy if you'd like to read it

I know it’s a bit pedantic but I wish media outlets would stop with the false narrative that he’s the first American to play for Chelsea, that honour goes to Matt Miazga I do believe. 

33 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I know it’s a bit pedantic but I wish media outlets would stop with the false narrative that he’s the first American to play for Chelsea, that honour goes to Matt Miazga I do believe. 

Aherm, Roy wegerle was sort of American.. 

6 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Here is a pretty good article on Pulisic and people to stop panicking about him:

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/10/24/20930225/christian-pulisic-chelsea-career-frank-lampard

Enjoy if you'd like to read it

Good read.

I think after the winter break, Pulisic should see more starts after he adjust to the team. He does possess qualities.

8 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Good read.

I think after the winter break, Pulisic should see more starts after he adjust to the team. He does possess qualities.

We don't have winter breaks.

19 hours ago, Munkworth said:

What do you know, you’re just a dumb yank! 

Although you are correct on this occasion. 

Yep and yep.

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Well we sort of do now don’t we?

Wehn do we have a Winter break ? We have 9 matches in 33 days between Nov 30 - Jan 1, then a 10 day break, i wouldn't call it a Winter break more like 10 days to recover from a 9 game month.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Wehn do we have a Winter break ? We have 9 matches in 33 days between Nov 30 - Jan 1, then a 10 day break, i wouldn't call it a Winter break more like 10 days to recover from a 9 game month.

What 10 day break? There's the FA Cup the first weekend after New Years Day, then on to the league again the weekend after that.