Jump to content

Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

Recommended Posts

CHO was probably involved more but I have to say DB, I was equally disappointed with both.

I think what goes against CHO is his demeanor. What I mean is, he always looks like he's not that bothered and has the hump. I know he can't help the way he is or how he comes across, but with Tammy for example, he's always very demonstrative if he doesn't score when he thinks he should have or if something doesn't go as planned. The times last night the camera went on CHO and he always had that same blank expression as though he wasn't enjoying being out there. I'd just like to see him ENJOY his football or at least show a little emotion, otherwise I fear supporters could get on his back which would be harsh for an 18 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nibs said:

CHO was probably involved more but I have to say DB, I was equally disappointed with both.

I think what goes against CHO is his demeanor. What I mean is, he always looks like he's not that bothered and has the hump. I know he can't help the way he is or how he comes across, but with Tammy for example, he's always very demonstrative if he doesn't score when he thinks he should have or if something doesn't go as planned. The times last night the camera went on CHO and he always had that same blank expression as though he wasn't enjoying being out there. I'd just like to see him ENJOY his football or at least show a little emotion, otherwise I fear supporters could get on his back which would be harsh for an 18 year old.

 

He has posters of Nicolas Anelka on his walls. It's not a good look Nibs, I agree. Too cool for school, as the old saying goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously his goal was the highlight tonight but my favourite thing he dgid was the effort he put in to put a ball out for a throw in rather than let it go for a goal kick, great stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't knock his end product. I was skeptical about his signing and he is proving me wrong. Hopefully he keeps scoring/assisting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not the player who I thought he was and I've not really seen him play at all, but his stats shown that he wasn't really a prolific goal scorer so I didn't expect to get such a direct player. He loves to run into space to score, great movement for the goal, right place right time. 

And he loves to get a shot away. He's also much better than I expected, I think we certainly have a player here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He's not the player who I thought he was and I've not really seen him play at all, but his stats shown that he wasn't really a prolific goal scorer so I didn't expect to get such a direct player. He loves to run into space to score, great movement for the goal, right place right time. 

And he loves to get a shot away. He's also much better than I expected, I think we certainly have a player here. 

As I posted in the game day thread....the best part about Pulisic's game is his very intelligent and dangerous runs into the box. Once his mates figured it out and find him early, there will be plenty more goals and assist from Pulisic. He made these same runs at Dortmund all the time, but his teammates weren't able to find him much.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulisic is still a bit too conservative and timid in his games. He tends to pass the ball back too much when he's receiving the ball with his back against the defenders. 

I want to see more of this from Pulisic...See how he got a defender on him but still received the ball, turn, and run....he can explode....this is against some of the best defenders in the BL.

Minute 1:05

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hazard did need three seasons till finally become the figure he was the last couple of seasons, no? Don't be so harsh on such an young player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Droopy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hazard did need three seasons till finally become the figure he was the last couple of seasons, no? Don't be so harsh on such an young player. 

Hazard was already nearly the complete article in his first season in my opinion, he didn't really improve that much he just changed his bias towards ball retention over attacking solo runs due to Jose's influence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulisic does seem to miss easy passes when going forward, he puts his head down and runs at the defenders alot when there's a chance to put someone in, saw Mount go mad at the weekend because Pulisic didn't play him through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

Pulisic does seem to miss easy passes when going forward, he puts his head down and runs at the defenders alot when there's a chance to put someone in, saw Mount go mad at the weekend because Pulisic didn't play him through.

Do you have a clip?

I thought I saw the opposite. Mount tried to connect with Pulisic severals times, but Mount's passes seemed to miss Pulisic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Do you have a clip?

I thought I saw the opposite. Mount tried to connect with Pulisic severals times, but Mount's passes seemed to miss Pulisic.

 

Do I have a clip :laugh2: Like I have any idea how to do that and watch a 90 minute game again to find the exact point it happened. Just my opinion in what I have seen of Pulisic the last 3 games he doesnt always play the right ball when running at goal, he seems to just put his head down alot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Do you have a clip?

I thought I saw the opposite. Mount tried to connect with Pulisic severals times, but Mount's passes seemed to miss Pulisic.

 

He did have a shot in the left side of the box when he should of made a simple cut back to Abraham for a probable goal, but i never knock a player who scores in a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coco said:

He did have a shot in the left side of the box when he should of made a simple cut back to Abraham for a probable goal, but i never knock a player who scores in a game.

 

That one I saw. His shot was weak, not sure he meant to shoot it or cross it. But agreed, a cross to Tammy would be the right choice.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

 

That one I saw. His shot was weak, not sure he meant to shoot it or cross it. But agreed, a cross to Tammy would be the right choice.

 

 

Tammy set him up nicely for his goal, so it would have been great if he could of returned it, when we win it doesnt matter, but when we drop points it will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent game for CP today, could be better.

Very good first half, but relatively quiet in the 2nd half. Probably ran out of air. Had a few too many errand passes.

Still directly involved in 2 goals, so overall a productive day for the kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, haviet1 said:

Decent game for CP today, could be better.

Very good first half, but relatively quiet in the 2nd half. Probably ran out of air. Had a few too many errand passes.

Still directly involved in 2 goals, so overall a productive day for the kid.

He's very hot and cold at the mo, but I do love his directness, a different skill set to our other wingers.

That said, he played a shocking pass second half that lead to their 4th, much like Mounts in the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he took the ball past their defence, I forgot when it was, lightening pace, I think it was in the 2nd half because the ball came across to James as nobody could get on the end of it. 

But he made a horrendous decision that lead to their 4th goal, how and why the f**k he passed that to Azpilicueta there I don't know, so many options. 

Edited by Slojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Slojo said:

When he took the ball past their defence, I forgot when it was, lightening pace, I think it was in the 2nd half because the ball came across to James as nobody could get on the end of it. 

But he made a horrendous decision that lead to their 4th goal, how and why the f**k he passed that to Azpilicueta there I don't know, so many options. 

 

He made the same/similar mistazke in the Burnley game, but his hat trick makes up for it.

This is still an area of his game that he's yet able to correct. He needs to make smarter decisions in and around the box, on a consistent basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love his movement, direct running, and his touch is superb. Still think his decision making is suspect. For instance I think he decides to shoot before beating the man, which often presents an open goal or one-on-one for another player, but he's hell bent on shooting.

That can be worked on though. Very exciting and provides a great incentive for CHO to knuckle down and win a place in this side. 

Edited by Crapbag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...