Jump to content

Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Good close control and dribbling, needs to work on his strength though, he gets bullied off the ball a lot.

This is the one thing I think he needs to work on, he’s young so plenty of time but if he can get the strength Hazard had in his later years with us then Christian can easily become one of the best in the world. His close control and dribbling is exceptional and not miles away from Hazard even at this early stage and he scores more regularly so far and has a lot more energy.

 

It’s early days so I don’t want to put too much pressure on this and he will have downturns in form but he could match Hazards output for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This is the one thing I think he needs to work on, he’s young so plenty of time but if he can get the strength Hazard had in his later years with us then Christian can easily become one of the best in the world. His close control and dribbling is exceptional and not miles away from Hazard even at this early stage and he scores more regularly so far and has a lot more energy.

 

It’s early days so I don’t want to put too much pressure on this and he will have downturns in form but he could match Hazards output for us.

Was about to say he probably won't get too much stronger because he seems to have a naturally small frame (unless he bulks up and loses what makes him so sharp). Was trying to think of players who really improved their strength on the ball whilst maintaining their speed and the player that came to mind was Mohamed Salah. He was very lightweight to begin with but managed to develop some good sturdiness on the ball without compromising on his speed band mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked lively today, his choices and finishing will get even better as time goes on.

A good start to his Chelsea career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved that bit of skill in the pen box round the 20 min mark when he was surrounded with three players right on top of him,  but stlll wriggled his way thru them to turn and play a pass back. Didn't find s Chelsea player, but still a joy to see.

I don't want hype him too much, but  if he keeps his head down and continues to work hard, he could go on to be as good or even better than the mighty Hazard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This is the one thing I think he needs to work on, he’s young so plenty of time but if he can get the strength Hazard had in his later years with us then Christian can easily become one of the best in the world. His close control and dribbling is exceptional and not miles away from Hazard even at this early stage and he scores more regularly so far and has a lot more energy.

 

It’s early days so I don’t want to put too much pressure on this and he will have downturns in form but he could match Hazards output for us.

This has always been his weakness, even at Dortmund. 

Frankly, I don't think he's going to get any bigger or stronger. He's just a small guy. What he needs to do is learn how to 'ride tackles' better, and play smarter with better positioning between the ball and defender so he won't be easily pushed off the ball. I am pretty confident he will get better at this after 1 full season or 2 in the EPL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Was about to say he probably won't get too much stronger because he seems to have a naturally small frame (unless he bulks up and loses what makes him so sharp). Was trying to think of players who really improved their strength on the ball whilst maintaining their speed and the player that came to mind was Mohamed Salah. He was very lightweight to begin with but managed to develop some good sturdiness on the ball without compromising on his speed band mobility.

 

19 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

This has always been his weakness, even at Dortmund. 

Frankly, I don't think he's going to get any bigger or stronger. He's just a small guy. What he needs to do is learn how to 'ride tackles' better, and play smarter with better positioning between the ball and defender so he won't be easily pushed off the ball. I am pretty confident he will get better at this after 1 full season or 2 in the EPL.

 

True but Hazard wasn’t the greatest at staying on his feet and being bullied sometimes in his early days. Even Drogba took a while to get used to the physical side of the game in PL although admittedly a decent amount of that was down to diving as well, but I think it is something he can improve without bulking up significantly. As I say, Hazard was much stronger in his later years with us than he was in the first couple and hopefully Pulisic can follow in that style as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I would say Pulisic has started better than Hazard did, of course that does not mean he will be a better player yet he is showing a lot of potential.

Hazard started great if I recall... Or is that something I'm just remembering fancifully. That trio of Hazard, Mata and Oscar? Was very good attacking-wise and Hazard was only behind a prime Mata (POTS) in form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, robdog said:

if Puli scored that goal, it would have broke the internet - ok maybe for US footie fans

If only it was a foot more to the left, then the goalie have no chance. He will get there eventually.

This is why Messi/Ronaldo are legends, those dudes always know how to pick a good corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see his strength as a problem look at Sterling probably the same or shorter than Pulisic...and he is hard to get off the ball and he developed that over year’s of playing give the guy time jeez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Hazard is having a surprise struggle to settle in at Real, yet Pulisic settled in nicely after 11 games, nobody expected that in July.

It's never easy to go into a new season recovering from an injury at a new club, it's hard enough adjusting to a new league without one. The problem is that Real Madrid have no patience, so instead of letting Hazard adapt, they will just write him off, like they have done with so many players before him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Pulisic is staying in London. Great for him. Want to see a fully rested Pulisic against Man City.

 

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/11/gregg-berhalter-names-23-players-to-final-usmnt-roster-for-nations-league-matches

 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🗞 | The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#USMNT</a>’s 23 player roster for our decisive <a href="https://twitter.com/CNationsLeague?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CNationsLeague</a> matches vs. 🇨🇦 on Nov. 15 in Orlando and 🇨🇺 on Nov. 19 in the Cayman Islands. <br><br>INFO: <a href="https://t.co/wABwbrzWvQ">https://t.co/wABwbrzWvQ</a><br><br>(1/3) <a href="https://t.co/1lKOOLKci2">pic.twitter.com/1lKOOLKci2</a></p>&mdash; U.S. Soccer MNT (@USMNT) <a href="https://twitter.com/USMNT/status/1193989394958573570?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

Edited by haviet1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...