Jump to content

Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

Recommended Posts


It was very clear that we got a new star in world football, in the making, a very obvious big talent for the future joined us, it just took him a few months to get into it.

This wouldn't have been our reality if that bold transfer move wasn't made at that particular time, now it's some new exciting history in the making.

Marina Granovskaia is probably a grandmaster in chess or something because that epic move to sign Christian at the nick of time was amazing, totally out of the blue. I'm very grateful that amazing people like her and Frankie are on top of things, in their respective roles. Without the good things happening in the background, there wouldn't be that much to see on the pitch.

In more than 8 years we will know just how much this transfer impacted the club, for now Pulisic has a lot of room for improvement and a lot of pure attacking skills at the ready.

2469.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some very impressive performances of late, doubly so considering he has had to overcome the unfortunate handicap of being American. I like that he seems to have a real drive, an ability to successfully will things to happen. I think (at the moment) that this is his main similarity to Hazard.

I think he has certainly earned his place in the starting XI. If he continues to improve he could be world-class. Having Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi as our wide options is a very exciting choice for Frank to have to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

Some very impressive performances of late, doubly so considering he has had to overcome the unfortunate handicap of being American. I like that he seems to have a real drive, an ability to successfully will things to happen. I think (at the moment) that this is his main similarity to Hazard.

I think he has certainly earned his place in the starting XI. If he continues to improve he could be world-class. Having Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi as our wide options is a very exciting choice for Frank to have to make.

I would be interested to see if he can play on the right, be great in a years time or so for him and CHO to be able to chop and change which side they play on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

I would be interested to see if he can play on the right, be great in a years time or so for him and CHO to be able to chop and change which side they play on. 

 

He has spend a lot of his time playing the right wing during his stay at Dortmund. However, it's pretty obvious to those that follows him closely, that he's more dangerous playing on the left and cutting in centrally.

He has also spent quite a bit of time playing the central attacking midfield role with the US Nat team and looks very effective there. Though it was against much inferior opponents. I would love to see Lamp deploys Pulisic as a central attacker underneath Tammy in a few games to see how he performs there. Remember, his twitter name is cpulisic_10. He wants to be a number 10. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Some very impressive performances of late, doubly so considering he has had to overcome the unfortunate handicap of being American. I like that he seems to have a real drive, an ability to successfully will things to happen. I think (at the moment) that this is his main similarity to Hazard.

I think he has certainly earned his place in the starting XI. If he continues to improve he could be world-class. Having Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi as our wide options is a very exciting choice for Frank to have to make.

 

I see a lot of young talents went to waste because they lack the mental discipline, life intelligence, and strong family support. Not with Pulisic. He's a very smart guy, always work hard, come from a very strong family with lots of great values. Obviously, Pulisic still has areas to improve upon, but I believe he'll be a really really good player for Chelsea for many years to come. I am expecting you will see the best of Pulisic in the next 2 or 3 seasons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2019 at 16:17, haviet1 said:

 

He has spend a lot of his time playing the right wing during his stay at Dortmund. However, it's pretty obvious to those that follows him closely, that he's more dangerous playing on the left and cutting in centrally.

He has also spent quite a bit of time playing the central attacking midfield role with the US Nat team and looks very effective there. Though it was against much inferior opponents. I would love to see Lamp deploys Pulisic as a central attacker underneath Tammy in a few games to see how he performs there. Remember, his twitter name is cpulisic_10. He wants to be a number 10. 

 

 

I wouldnt read into his twitter name tbh. His dad gave an interview saying pulisic prefers ledt midfield. Number 10 is probably his preferred number, but it doesnt mean he sees himself as playing as 'number 10' positionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, big blue said:

I wouldnt read into his twitter name tbh. His dad gave an interview saying pulisic prefers ledt midfield. Number 10 is probably his preferred number, but it doesnt mean he sees himself as playing as 'number 10' positionally.

 

I am not sure how recent his dad's interview was, but if you go back to Pulisic's interview a few years back when he just started earning games with the USMNT; he clearly stated his desire to play the central attacking midfielder (CAM).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

 

I am not sure how recent his dad's interview was, but if you go back to Pulisic's interview a few years back when he just started earning games with the USMNT; he clearly stated his desire to play the central attacking midfielder (CAM).

 

 

From January this year, after he signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A hip is a concerning injury for a young kid with his kind of lateral quickness.  Hope it's OK going forward.  I have enjoyed watching him run around the last month immensley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Global star is the right way to put it. In addition to the fans Chelsea has around the globe already Christian is going to sway a ton of fans here in the US in the next 2-3 years leading up to and after the World Cup. 

Most serious soccer lovers here have already picked a club and he won't be swaying their minds or wallets. There is a huge migrational group of casual fans that he will pull in if he keeps this up however.

Chelsea fans in America will be born every day with him leading the US team since we don't have the geographic loyalties you do in England, most global fans will follow players. This is why about 90% of the shirts I saw in Korea were United. If I went back now I'd bet it would be about a 45/45 split of Spurs and United bc of Son. Theres always going to be that short termism but some percent are going to remain. 

The club have done a very savvy job of expanding the fanbase AND upgrading the playing staff at once. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work hard today to get the goal.

Nice dribble to set up Kova for almost his 2nd goal.

Did manage to get a few dangerous balls into the box for Bats, but sadly Bats couldn't do anything with them

Wasn't his best game today but were still dangerous and threatening. Feels like his legs were very tired. Maybe he should have a rest this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His dribbling is very underrated, or maybe I just didn't realise how good it was... When he cuts in and runs with the ball he very rarely gets tackled and he makes exceptional passes through the middle. Loving this guy! He's only turned 21 ffs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did really well in the first half, probably most dangerous Chelsea player. Slowed down quite a bit in the 2nd half. You can tell he's tired after 8th straight starts. He's still adjusting to the speed and physicality of the EPL. A rest will do him and Chelsea well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the special one said:

Bottles too many chances.

Probably because he's tired from all the games he has been involved in. I think he needs a rest. Otherwise he wouldn't have missed so much today IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the special one said:

Bottles too many chances.

You were far too harsh on him imo, particularly given that you thought he was our worst player in the first half. 

second half he was poor definitely, but so was everyone else unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...