Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

So far, he turned out better than expected. Judging by his past record, I'd say 5 goals a season plus 1/2 a dozen assists is probably his level, definitely will exceed that that if not already. Even in the last few games where he hasn't been good, he seemed to find the position for the best chances, need to work on his heading no doubt, misplaced some unmarked headers lately.

20 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

So far, he turned out better than expected. Judging by his past record, I'd say 5 goals a season plus 1/2 a dozen assists is probably his level, definitely will exceed that that if not already. Even in the last few games where he hasn't been good, he seemed to find the position for the best chances, need to work on his heading no doubt, misplaced some unmarked headers lately.

I'd like to think he can chip in with 8-10 goals a season. If Tammy gets 20 we still need some of our attacking midfielders to chip in with goals. Pulisic and Mount need to score 8-10 each. I'm not holding out much hope for Kovacic scoring many and Willian's scoring seems to have dropped off. The goals have got to come from somewhere.

I also think Pulisic should have 8-10 goals this season. Clearly his legs are tired, starting 7 or 8 straight games is not an easy thing for a 21 yr old to do in his first year in the EPL.

I believe we will see a recharged and more energetic Pulisic after the short December/January break.

So good on the ball, but his decision making isn't the greatest, something that could be improved on. Kept running into danger, when you take about 3 players on then give the ball away it kind of eliminates what you just did. I would also like to see him shoot more. I completely hate the comparisons, but you can't help but get Hazard vibes, although luckily he is more direct than Hazard was. 

I hope that with a year or two in the EPL, his decision making and final passes improve significantly. That's when he'll truly become a great threat. 

As much as we like to see him shoot more, it is in his nature to be a creator rather than a finisher. I think we just have to deal with it.

6 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

I hope that with a year or two in the EPL, his decision making and final passes improve significantly. That's when he'll truly become a great threat. 

As much as we like to see him shoot more, it is in his nature to be a creator rather than a finisher. I think we just have to deal with it.

A good point and with Willian also not being a good finisher might mean we need the market to provide a sharper edge in front of goal.

Lampard is not satisfied and wants more from Pulisic.

Asked how much more he can expect from the attacker, Lampard replied: ‘More, a lot more. I have just mentioned there about conversion of chances. ‘I think he gets himself in so many good positions with his talent and his dribbling ability that I think more goals will be the next stage of that. I am really pleased with him. I have asked a lot of him. ‘He has played a lot of games recently, back to back, in a new league that we know is very physical for him. I am asking a lot but he has done very well. I expect a lot more.’

3 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Lampard is not satisfied and wants more from Pulisic.

Asked how much more he can expect from the attacker, Lampard replied: ‘More, a lot more. I have just mentioned there about conversion of chances. ‘I think he gets himself in so many good positions with his talent and his dribbling ability that I think more goals will be the next stage of that. I am really pleased with him. I have asked a lot of him. ‘He has played a lot of games recently, back to back, in a new league that we know is very physical for him. I am asking a lot but he has done very well. I expect a lot more.’

I think he just means that he expects Pulisic to get better the longer he’s here and more he plays, and he has a lot of potential.  I don’t think he comes across as dissatisfied or anything.

Don't want to get on his case too much since he was playing very well for a good period of time but i feel like he has got a bit too comfortable in the last few weeks. I think Frank should start rotating between him and CHO again to send a message that no one is a guaranteed starter.

28 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Don't want to get on his case too much since he was playing very well for a good period of time but i feel like he has got a bit too comfortable in the last few weeks. I think Frank should start rotating between him and CHO again to send a message that no one is a guaranteed starter.

This is fair. I think a rest will do him well, and sitting on the bench a game or two will help get that fire and hunger back. He started 11 straight games already in short period of times. Those legs are getting very heavy.

I don't think him and Emerson play well together on the left flank. Emerson never look for him, or look to combine with him. Frank has to fix that if he intends to have them play together.

Glad to see him got some minutes the other day. Was hoping to see a bit more offensive spark from him though.

Hope you see him get on the pitch against the Gunners this Sunday. Should be a very open and free flowing game, good match for his skills.

18 minutes ago, seanlu13913 said:

Never saw anything about why he wasn’t In the squad today. 

Word is he tweaked a hamstring... no speculation one way or the other on the next match..

10 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Maybe he felt something and was left out as a precaution? With our injury problems this season I can see the management team not wanting to take chances. 

Yep fortunately it looks like just a precaution! 

Glad that fire has been put out. That yahoo twitter thread made it seem like the tinfoil hat group were beginning the Anti-American/English Bias conspiracy again. It would have been moments away from the American sports media to pick up the story and put unnecessary pressure on Pulisic.