Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

On 14/02/2020 at 10:19, Amputechture said:

Currently training with the u23s.

You will have to excuse my ignorance but is there a reason you would send a returning player to train with the youth squad?

26 minutes ago, Valpo said:

You will have to excuse my ignorance but is there a reason you would send a returning player to train with the youth squad?

It could have something to with the mid season break? Either the first team weren’t there or their mini pre-season was too intensive for his rehabilitation.

Why does everything have to be a f**king conspiracy when it comes to this guy?

Looking forward to him having an impact on his return from injury. 

He had purple patch for a few games in November but hasn't really contributed beyond that. I remain firmly on the fence about his signing. Particularly when you consider the fee we just got Ziyech in for. 

Needs a big finish to the campaign.

5 hours ago, Munkworth said:

It could have something to with the mid season break? Either the first team weren’t there or their mini pre-season was too intensive for his rehabilitation.

No conspiracy, was just genuinely curious.

Never been one of those Americans who think that someone is constantly trying to keep Pulisic off the pitch.  EPL is too competitive for that.  Lampard will play the 11 guys who give him the best chance to win.

Edited by Valpo

6 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Looking forward to him having an impact on his return from injury. 

He had purple patch for a few games in November but hasn't really contributed beyond that. I remain firmly on the fence about his signing. Particularly when you consider the fee we just got Ziyech in for. 

Needs a big finish to the campaign.

A bit harsh, statistically he's been one of our best players this season, and if we're going to compare players with Ziyech for transfer fees we may aswell start calling half the current bought players in the world flops, Ziyech was an absolute bargain and one you'll rarely see these days. 

8 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Was looking forward to him returning against ManU. This is not good if he keep injuring.

5 hours ago, Slojo said:

A bit harsh, statistically he's been one of our best players this season, and if we're going to compare players with Ziyech for transfer fees we may aswell start calling half the current bought players in the world flops, Ziyech was an absolute bargain and one you'll rarely see these days. 

Au contraire. Ziyech is being pitched as a bargain but that is just getting proper value, the thing that the competent clubs in the market do regularly. He is the standard not the exception.

All of this bargain stuff is club media being pushed out through friendly sources like Matt Law. 

I expect more than potential and positive signs in a small batch of games for 60m. Not saying he is a flop but even Morata had one positive spell.

4 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Was looking forward to him returning against ManU. This is not good if he keep injuring.

It's the same injury he picked up earlier. Just hasn't fully recovered yet.

1 hour ago, Amputechture said:

It's the same injury he picked up earlier. Just hasn't fully recovered yet.

Strange, a few years ago our medical team and injury turnaround were lauded by everyone. Now for some reason the injuries seem to drag on and on.

Snowflake culture? or what?

2 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Strange, a few years ago our medical team and injury turnaround were lauded by everyone. Now for some reason the injuries seem to drag on and on.

Snowflake culture? or what?

Probably realised the short term gain wasn’t worth the long term pain.

Maybe looking after the physical well-being of a fellow human should be celebrated?

16 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Au contraire. Ziyech is being pitched as a bargain but that is just getting proper value, the thing that the competent clubs in the market do regularly. He is the standard not the exception.

All of this bargain stuff is club media being pushed out through friendly sources like Matt Law. 

I expect more than potential and positive signs in a small batch of games for 60m. Not saying he is a flop but even Morata had one positive spell.

That's absolute rubbish, the market right now has doubled in value than what it was 5 years ago, Ziyech is worth almost double the price we paid for him, that's probably why he wasn't snatched up in the summer. If you fully expect us to make a lot of signings like this you're going to be sorely disappointed. 

On 15/02/2020 at 18:40, Valpo said:

Players often train with the youth squad before returning to training with the team. It eases them back into football, helps to prevent further injury. 

I remember JT had a lengthy spell with the youth and development squads (also playing games for them) when returning from injury. Nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, Shweaves said:

Players often train with the youth squad before returning to training with the team. It eases them back into football, helps to prevent further injury. 

I remember JT had a lengthy spell with the youth and development squads (also playing games for them) when returning from injury. Nothing to worry about.

It can also be a hindrance to the first team who are training for a match if theres someone not up to speed and fit enough. 

3 hours ago, Shweaves said:

This seems to indicate he's still got some work to do, fitness wise, and not as close to returning as we all might have hoped.

8 hours ago, Shweaves said:

Did not know that.  Thanks

50 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think he'll bounce back, American atheletes are really good, I have high hopes that he won't be injury prone.

Nice sweeping generalisation there.

Edited by sabin6912

18 minutes ago, sabin6912 said:

Nice sweeping generalisation there.

Just hoping that his inconsistencies are due to him being young and not due to him not caring about his body. This generalisation you see isn't needed nor planned, so sorry.

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Just hoping that his inconsistencies are due to him being young and not due to him not caring about his body. This generalisation you see isn't needed nor planned, so sorry.

To be fair I hope you’re right and he can reduce the amount of time he spends on the sidelines. Not sure how his recent injury history compares to most other players? 
We’ve done well in the past to steer clear of players with a poor/unfortunate injury record. Hopefully he gets back fit soon, he made a huge impact earlier in the season and we’ve missed him while he’s been out.