Jump to content

Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official


Recommended Posts


On 24/02/2020 at 11:39, EdinburghBlue said:

Is there any update on when he’ll be back? I don’t feel like the media ask about him at all in the pressers the way the do with Ruben, Kante etc. 

Not heard anything about him at all, mate.  It's like a media black hole around this guy.  Some folks said they thought he was fit but being snubbed by Lampard, but I can't see that being the case.  I hope we let Pedro and Willian go, add CHO, Ziyech, Pulisic, RLC and Mount into the squad full time.  Let Bats and Giroud go, and get a prime striker (not sure who) in for those lads all in behind or out wide.  I think that'd be quite exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rumors in the US is he's "super close" to coming back. Not sure what exactly that means, or what/who was the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our best attacking trio this season: Tammy,Mount and Pulisic. Pulisic is the next big thing if he can avoid getting injured but RLC and Tammy are not that far away, same goes to James. This is our next dynasty in the making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, injuries aside, Pulisic has blown me away with his contributions this season. I was not particularly excited about the signing, but if he stays healthy then we've got quite a player. Look for him to get a little stronger over the next couple seasons and he will be a complete force, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I have to say, injuries aside, Pulisic has blown me away with his contributions this season. I was not particularly excited about the signing, but if he stays healthy then we've got quite a player. Look for him to get a little stronger over the next couple seasons and he will be a complete force, in my opinion.

I remain firmly on the fence. He has had, I reckon a month of decent football. For 60m and huge wages I think that's not enough. I'd give him a B- as a signing so far. Certainly hasn't dramatically outshone any of the youngsters who we paid nothing for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Argo said:

Frank Lampard has his key attacking threat back to re-launch Chelsea’s top four hopes

Pulisic and Callum feeding of Giroud's hold up play and Gilmour's playmaking could make for a very exciting watch.

 

I really love to see Gilmour develops over the next few years, but if RLC is health; I am afraid Gilmour might not have too many chances to get on the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I remain firmly on the fence. He has had, I reckon a month of decent football. For 60m and huge wages I think that's not enough. I'd give him a B- as a signing so far. Certainly hasn't dramatically outshone any of the youngsters who we paid nothing for.

I agree, he had a promising month where he broke through at the end of October until the end of November, but that needs to become a regular thing next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I agree, he had a promising month where he broke through at the end of October until the end of November, but that needs to become a regular thing next season. 

Injuries haven't helped granted but I would say he'll need to step up to another level to replace Pedro and Willian next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Injuries haven't helped granted but I would say he'll need to step up to another level to replace Pedro and Willian next year.

I think one of the things which often went unsaid about our 'classic' Abramovich side (Cech, JT, Cole, Lampard, Drogba, etc.) is how infrequently they were ever injured for long periods of time. Other than Azpilicueta and Mount, our current/future side seems to be the opposite - all of Kanté, James, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek and Rüdiger have suffered long-term or recurring injuries throughout this season.

I know I'm basing this on three-quarters of one season (and a couple of these were freak accidents), but it's still cause for concern. Maybe it's just a generational thing, players' bodies now being better protected or the game being more demanding - it's worth noting that Lampard still holds the record he set 15 years ago for most consecutive Premier League appearances (for an outfield player). I think Matt Holland is still second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

I think one of the things which often went unsaid about our 'classic' Abramovich side (Cech, JT, Cole, Lampard, Drogba, etc.) is how infrequently they were ever injured for long periods of time. Other than Azpilicueta and Mount, our current/future side seems to be the opposite - all of Kanté, James, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek and Rüdiger have suffered long-term or recurring injuries throughout this season.

I know I'm basing this on three-quarters of one season (and a couple of these were freak accidents), but it's still cause for concern. Maybe it's just a generational thing, players' bodies now being better protected or the game being more demanding - it's worth noting that Lampard still holds the record he set 15 years ago for most consecutive Premier League appearances (for an outfield player). I think Matt Holland is still second.

He still holds that record? Wow. I would also think players are rested more now than they might have been then. Dave has been the only one close to playing every game of a season since him I'd say. 

I actually think the physical side of our game is a massive weakness at the minute all round. We've too many waifish technical players who lack the strength needed at Premier League level. It feels very late Wenger-era Arsenal. It's one of the biggest things that needs to be addressed this summer from an outgoing and incoming transfer perspective 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...