Jump to content

Christian Pulisic - Official


Recommended Posts


Tell you what- if Christian keeps this form up and Ziyech and Werner hit the ground running next season, we could be up there in terms of having the best front three in Europe. Regardless of top 4 finish, exciting times ahead, at least from an attacking perspective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PloKoon13 said:

I swear he wasn't this good before his injury - am I remembering it wrong?

I agree with you, I haven't seen this football from Pulisic as well. I knew he had that speed to go through, but now he looks like a world class winger.

Everytime when he goes forward, you know something will happen for a good. He also a hard working player, not selfish. Great character.

We just signed the player we wanted to replace Hazard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

I swear he wasn't this good before his injury - am I remembering it wrong?

I think he has been great all season. Watch his highlights in the Super Cup against Liverpool and you'll see he looked phenomenal to start with. He scored an amazing goal in that game, but it was ruled out because he was a hair offside. Then after that he got pushed aside and was replaced with CHO, I was very much against this at first, but Lampard said he wanted to ween Pulisic in slowly, and he did the right thing. It was at that time people were really writing off Pulisic and CHO was the next big thing, how fickle fans are, just go in the first few pages of this thread and CHO's and you'll see what I mean. 

It was the Southampton game when he came on and grabbed an assist, then the Ajax game where he completely changed it people started to take to Pulisic. After that he was starting games and we got the classic Burnley game and numerous others, he was on fire in all those games, just as good as he is now. Whenever he has played, he has been good, he's just been injured a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think he has been great all season. Watch his highlights in the Super Cup against Liverpool and you'll see he looked phenomenal to start with. He scored an amazing goal in that game, but it was ruled out because he was a hair offside. Then after that he got pushed aside and was replaced with CHO, I was very much against this at first, but Lampard said he wanted to ween Pulisic in slowly, and he did the right thing. It was at that time people were really writing off Pulisic and CHO was the next big thing, how fickle fans are, just go in the first few pages of this thread and CHO's and you'll see what I mean. 

It was the Southampton game when he came on and grabbed an assist, then the Ajax game where he completely changed it people started to take to Pulisic. After that he was starting games and we got the classic Burnley game and numerous others, he was on fire in all those games, just as good as he is now. Whenever he has played, he has been good, he's just been injured a lot. 

Unfortunately, like Eden the better he gets the more frustrated opponents are going to kick lumps out of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, haviet1 said:

We've been waiting for a genuine footballer for ages. Dempsey and Donovan were the closest we've ever got. Not counting keepers of course, Howard and Friedel did quite well in the EPL.

Dempsey was decent but he ruined everything by signing for Tottenham!

For some reason I always remember Brian McBride being a good PL level striker but he played during my highly drunken years so I could be wrong :laugh2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Dempsey was decent but he ruined everything by signing for Tottenham!

For some reason I always remember Brian McBride being a good PL level striker but he played during my highly drunken years so I could be wrong :laugh2:

 

Dempsey wanted CL before he hang his boots.

Yes, McBride was a very good striker for the US. Extremely hard working kind of guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This player never deceived me and I saw him doing tests in one of the big Portuguese clubs, which did not offer him what Dortmund would offer him shortly after, as it has been a very smart club in the young values market.

Lampard did not seem to know very well what was in his hands, I have  doubts even that he had him in mind for the eleven starting next season, now it is simply an inevitability.

The good problems that a quality coach wants.
And he will need brains to fit everyone.

Edited by Mr. President
Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s been in terrific form, I don’t want to compare him to Eden quite yet but the way they go past players is very similar.

 

I do feel like Pulisic is a bit more direct than he was. 
 

One of the first names on the team sheet for me at the moment but it’s worth remembering he’s still 21. There’s every chance he’ll dip in form at some point the same way all the youngsters do, Tammy, Mason etc but he’s showing all the signs of becoming a truly world class winger. Very, very exciting. 
 

Shows how fickle some fans are if you go back to last year and fans were saying Lampard doesn’t like Pulisic and that’s why he didn’t play him. Frank has handled his integration in to the side fantastically and he should be applauded for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares about Hazard . He had about 5 world class players on his team . You guys talk like Pulisic has the same team . Get 5 or 6 stars on the team before you compare them .  Look at our current defense and forwards compared to Hazards .  This captain America crap is annoying too . Not everyone who plays sports that comes from America needs to be called captain America .  Honestly you guys are due to come up with a new nickname . How unoriginal and lazy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Who cares about Hazard . He had about 5 world class players on his team . You guys talk like Pulisic has the same team . Get 5 or 6 stars on the team before you compare them .  Look at our current defense and forwards compared to Hazards .  This captain America crap is annoying too . Not everyone who plays sports that comes from America needs to be called captain America .  Honestly you guys are due to come up with a new nickname . How unoriginal and lazy 

Shouldn’t really interact with trolls but *sigh* 

 

- Hazard absolutely did not have 5 or 6 world class players in the side. You’re delusional. He carried his chelsea side on his back for most of his time with us (just look in his thread and you’ll see how frustrated everyone was that the board never gave him world class teammates)

Edited by EdinburghBlue
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

His direct style of play reminds me of Duffers back in the day, he just flies between players, he has huge Hazard style shoes to fill, but he is definitely on his way

Pulisic was here to sell kits back when he was transferred, now he needs to be Hazard ? Come on . Let him be him .  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Shouldn’t really interact with trolls but *sigh* 

 

Hazard absolutely did not have 5 or 6 world 

I’m not a troll , just sick of the comparisons of Hazard and a 21 year old kid who had no talent and should never start and is just here to corner the American soccer market . Fabregas, Terry , Ivanovic ,Matić , Costa , Drogba was solid . Cech , Pedro. 
some pretty solid squads . I just think different teams , coaches and players . It’s fun to compare but every time you type something out it’s too much .  He has so much speed , quickness , touch , vision and a nose for the goal . He’s good and will get better , he’s only 21.  I hope he can just be himself because when he’s just Christian Pulisic then he’s pretty damn good .  

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dkw said:

Anyone who thinks we signed him to sell kits is an idiot.

Well that’s what a bunch of people were saying . Not me , I knew he was going to be a star . When you’re quicker and faster than anyone and have great vision and dribble like maradona chances are you’ll be good . I’m excited to see how the rest of the season unfolds but I know the blues have a bright future ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When we signed him last year I was very excited. Seeing subdued reactions from other fans baffled me since he has all the qualities needed to be a top winger. Albeit at Dortmund he was in and out of the team but now that he's getting a good run of games he's showing his potential. Played well before his injury earlier in the season. I would take him off after 70 minutes or so if we are winning comfortably in the next 3-4 games to avoid overworking him.

Edited by Marrone
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Pulisic would be decent for us, thought also US shirt sales might have been an additional factor too as £57m was a lot for untested EPL forward.

He started well before the injury yet has now come in at another level by his driving runs into the box.

Now whether that is down to him working on his game or down to Frank seeing something not sure yet with the top 4 run-in happening it's a great addition to the team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I thought Pulisic would be decent for us, thought also US shirt sales might have been an additional factor too as £57m was a lot for untested EPL forward.

He started well before the injury yet has now come in at another level by his driving runs into the box.

Now whether that is down to him working on his game or down to Frank seeing something not sure yet with the top 4 run-in happening it's a great addition to the team.

 

Clubs don't make money from shirt sales, it's a complete fallacy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Merchandise and sponsorship.

Nowhere near enough to recoup transfer fees and wages, I would be surprised if it even hits 1% of the outlay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...