Christian Pulisic - Official

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Christian to the left, Ziyech to the right, Werner in the middle and behind Kai. - Our most potent attack and all of them should be our default go-to starting lineup.

Play them a few games till they get used to each other and you'll get a brutal attack.

Even on the right hand side Pulisic had a decent contribution today.

Agreed. He didn't do too badly on the right today, but we missed those lightning/threatening runs that he does so often on the left. As soon as he moved back to the left, you start to see a glimpse of it again.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

I'm still trying to understand why he played on the right and Mount played on the left.

I understand Frank loves Mount, but he has to be very careful with this love. He can't keep forcing other players to play out of their best/favored positions in order to accommodate Mount.

He needs to give his best attacking players a chance to gel and build chemistry together. And his best attackers at the moment are Werner, Kai, Pulisic, and Ziyech.

But more dangerously, if he keep forcing players to sit or play out of position in order to fit Mount in the 11; he's at very real risk of loosing the locker room and his players' respect.

You already have a young/talented winger sitting on the bench while a midfielder is playing in his spot. Lamp can't afford to sit Werner, Kai, Pulisic, or Ziyech when all are healthy and performing.

Mount belongs in the midfield, if Lamp truly wants to play Mount every game. That mean only one of Kante, Kovacic, Gilmour, or Jorginho can play and the rest have to sit. 

43 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Agreed. He didn't do too badly on the right today, but we missed those lightning/threatening runs that he does so often on the left. As soon as he moved back to the left, you start to see a glimpse of it again.

Wont happen with Frank as our manager because he has to fit in Mount....

30 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Wont happen with Frank as our manager because he has to fit in Mount....

Did you witness Southgate start him twice as 10 for England when all the England fans was complaining it should of been Grealish? Or is that just because he’s infatuated with Mount too 

26 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Did you witness Southgate start him twice as 10 for England when all the England fans was complaining it should of been Grealish? Or is that just because he’s infatuated with Mount too 

Southgate and Frank both in love with Mount.

Either that or Midson has some heavy blackmail material on them both.. The way in that interview Southgate was asked about Grealish and all Gareth spoke about was Mount making a simple pass? Embarrassing from the pair of these bums

7 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Either that or Midson has some heavy blackmail material on them both.. The way in that interview Southgate was asked about Grealish and all Gareth spoke about was Mount making a simple pass? Embarrassing from the pair of these bums

Your actually calling Frank Lampard a “bum” WOW

4 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Your actually calling Frank Lampard a “bum” WOW

What has he shown to prove he isnt? Ive had enough of him and his mount obsession at this point in all honesty. Based on what I'this season since all these signings... He is on par with Ole as a manager, one of the worst in the league.

3 hours ago, Deino said:

He is so good. Why put him on the right when he's so dangerous on the left.

The 3rd goal was beautiful. Pulisic beats 2 men then through passes it to Timo who squares it to Kai.

I can't wait for those guys to have half a season together. It will be FIREWORKS all over the field every time they're on.

23 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

I'm still trying to understand why he played on the right and Mount played on the left.

Lampard playing Mount over Callum I had problems with, but to some degree I could at least understand. But playing Pulisic out right when his best position is clearly on the left side... 

Once Ziyech is fully fit I don't want to see Mount many games in this side, he isn't better than any of those three. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Lampard playing Mount over Callum I had problems with, but to some degree I could at least understand. But playing Pulisic out right when his best position is clearly on the left side... 

Once Ziyech is fully fit I don't want to see Mount many games in this side, he isn't better than any of those three. 

Mount shouldn't be playing outwide at all unless we get injuries.He doesn't have the speed or the dribbling ability to do it. He's a number 8, i wish Frank would play 433.

21 hours ago, driller97 said:

I've never even seen Real Madrid fans be so bitter about one of their own as some of our lot are with Mount.

Utter embarrassing and no wonder we can't shake of a bad reputation in the football world.

30 minutes ago, Argo said:

I've never even seen Real Madrid fans be so bitter about one of their own as some of our lot are with Mount.

Utter embarrassing and no wonder we can't shake of a bad reputation in the football world.

Real Madrid fans excoriated Garett Bale.

On 17/10/2020 at 16:16, haviet1 said:

I understand Frank loves Mount, but he has to be very careful with this love. He can't keep forcing other players to play out of their best/favored positions in order to accommodate Mount.

He needs to give his best attacking players a chance to gel and build chemistry together. And his best attackers at the moment are Werner, Kai, Pulisic, and Ziyech.

But more dangerously, if he keep forcing players to sit or play out of position in order to fit Mount in the 11; he's at very real risk of loosing the locker room and his players' respect.

You already have a young/talented winger sitting on the bench while a midfielder is playing in his spot. Lamp can't afford to sit Werner, Kai, Pulisic, or Ziyech when all are healthy and performing.

Mount belongs in the midfield, if Lamp truly wants to play Mount every game. That mean only one of Kante, Kovacic, Gilmour, or Jorginho can play and the rest have to sit. 

Your spot on here. Play your best players in there best positions and then you work the other guys around them.

Mount is a good player but like I have said many times he is still developing.  He should be treated like all our other developing players like James and Tammy...play when they r in form or for when your main starters need a break. 

3 hours ago, Argo said:

Then you clearly dont watch much Real Madrid then lol.

Bale won them their La Decima after 10+ years and followed up with league titles and multiple champions leagues after that and they treated him like actual sh*t. They boo and jeer almost every player, Im pretty sure even Ronaldo has been boo'd at certain times by their own fans

On 17/10/2020 at 22:51, driller97 said:

You shouldn't be calling a club legend a bum mate. I get it, he's inexperienced and a gamble, but this comes across disrespectful as f**k. 

9 hours ago, Slojo said:

You shouldn't be calling a club legend a bum mate. I get it, he's inexperienced and a gamble, but this comes across disrespectful as f**k. 

He's a club legend as a player, but not as a manager.

I think the sooner people differentiate Lampard the player vs Lampard the manager the better. Cause people are being way too bias towards lampard just because he was an amazing player for us

6 minutes ago, driller97 said:

He's a club legend as a player, but not as a manager.

I think the sooner people differentiate Lampard the player vs Lampard the manager the better. Cause people are being way too bias towards lampard just because he was an amazing player for us

I agree with you mate,I don't believe we will win the league with him in charge,but I usually keep my thoughts to myself, you don't get abuse then.

23 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

I agree with you mate,I don't believe we will win the league with him in charge,but I usually keep my thoughts to myself, you don't get abuse then.

For sure, its as if you critisize lampard or one his players (i.e Mount) you get crucified for it... If thats the case then where was the defence for Sarri? When Sarri kept playing Jorginho, akin to Lampard with Mount - People were screaming Sarri out all year long, but Lampard does it and people defend him?

Just very hypocritical to me tbh, and its all because Lampard is a legendary player, but you cant compare the player and manager.

18 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

I was unhappy with the appointment of such an inexperienced manager, and as a result I received a lot of abuse on this forum, so I walked away from this forum for the first few months of last season. There are people here who are more Lampard supporters than Chelsea supporters.   

On 18/10/2020 at 23:33, driller97 said:

Then you clearly dont watch much Real Madrid then lol.

Bale won them their La Decima after 10+ years and followed up with league titles and multiple champions leagues after that 

Bale actively gloated about semi retiring and seeing out his contract playing golf. Little different to spewing bitterness over not only one of our own but one of the most genuine guys in football who gives everything he has for this club.

On 19/10/2020 at 09:50, driller97 said:

For sure, its as if you critisize lampard or one his players (i.e Mount) you get crucified for it... If thats the case then where was the defence for Sarri? When Sarri kept playing Jorginho, akin to Lampard with Mount - People were screaming Sarri out all year long, but Lampard does it and people defend him?.

Wrong, there were many people on here that liked Jorginho and countered the ludicrous argument that we should stick Kante there because "he's a DM innit".

Also Mount was benched for many big games last season. Liverpoolx2 (Super Cup and FA Cup), United homex2 (league cup and league), City away, Arsenal home, the last two CL games where qualification was on the line, was hauled off at half time twice and in the FA Cup final while we were losing, but ofcourse don't let facts get in thd way of a convenient narrative.

Edited by Argo