Christian Pulisic - Official

9 hours ago, haviet1 said:

He was probably asked to play defense today. Never seen him made so many defensive plays in his own third.

Sevilla's tactic shut him down, same with the rest. Their lines were just perfect, not to deep for Havertz to have space and not too high for Werner to find space.

I did notice that he was cutting inside much more often and not going wide, at some point it was Kai going wide and Pulisic being in the middle but there was never enough space there.

Lampard is wasting Pulisic on the right. Most everyone can see it. Why not switch him and Mount who is not nearly as much an offensive threat? Playing Pulisic on the left will open things up for Werner and Havertz. Chelsea needs to play wide and use their speed to their advantage. Otherwise teams are going to pack the box like Sevilla did and it is going to be a long season.

On 21/10/2020 at 18:15, haviet1 said:

What a load of sh*te, wah wah  wah, he's not doing everything we want and is so unfair on our lovely American superstar.. then complaining about pulisic being fouled is Frank's fault too for not subbing him? They even admitted they stopped watching the game, f**king morons.

14 hours ago, Valpo said:

I didn't get to catch the champions league match but did Lampard indicate why Pulisic wasn't starting?  

Was he just resting him to avoid over straining his hamstring?

He admitted he hates Americans.......

Rotation, its going to happen a lot considering the amount of games were playing at the moment.

9 hours ago, dkw said:

He admitted he hates Americans.......

Rotation, its going to happen a lot considering the amount of games were playing at the moment.

I never bought into that line.  Although I guess he didn't behave too well in front of some Americans on September 12, 2001 but generally chalk that up to being young and stupid.  (I think that might be part of where the idea that he hates Americans comes from quite frankly, I think it was more or less him being young and stupid the hating Americans thing wasn't invented out of thin air.)

As for rotation, with Pulisic it's probably a good idea.  The Hamstring issue he keeps having is an injury from over-use and he had the last one after playing in 3 games that week.  So I'm thinking Lampard just was trying to avoid over exerting him 

Edited by Valpo
8 hours ago, Valpo said:

I never bought into that line.  Although I guess he didn't behave too well in front of some Americans on September 12, 2001 but generally chalk that up to being young and stupid.  (I think that might be part of where the idea that he hates Americans comes from quite frankly, I think it was more or less him being young and stupid the hating Americans thing wasn't invented out of thin air.)

As for rotation, with Pulisic it's probably a good idea.  The Hamstring issue he keeps having is an injury from over-use and he had the last one after playing in 3 games that week.  So I'm thinking Lampard just was trying to avoid over exerting him 

What are you referring to?