Christian Pulisic - Official

43 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Mad to think that it’s start of December and Pulisic has barely played for us. He really does need to settle down now and cut down on the number of injuries. We could really do with his magic. 

I’m sorry, I genuinely don’t understand ?

Are you suggesting that it’s something that he is doing that is the cause of his injuries? 

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

I’m sorry, I genuinely don’t understand ?

Are you suggesting that it’s something that he is doing that is the cause of his injuries? 

No of course not. Just saying the number of injuries he has needs to reduce 

Remember that sports scientist who did an in-depth analysis of 'what makes Hazard so great?' and came to the hilarious conclusion that it was because he has a massive arse?

I suppose young Christian should start following the Kardashian fitness regime!

Edited by PloKoon13
Spelling
5 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Remember that sports scientist who did an in-depth analysis of 'what makes Hazard so great?' and came to the hilarious conclusion that it was because he has a massive arse?

I suppose young Christian should start following the Kardashian fitness regime!

This knowledge causes my massive Fear of the Beard!

Edited by Valerie

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

He's always trying to take his man on and get in the box for an opportunity to shoot, probably overdid it a bit today but when he settles down he will no doubt be the beast that he was last season.

Well said.  He tried a little too much too soon at times today, and you could tell every misplaced shot, pass, or incomplete action visibly frustrated him.  The lads determination shines through and you can tell he badly wants to be a playing part of this good thing and continue where he left off last season.

Patience Christian - don't force it, and it will continue to come.  Very excited to have him back and building match sharpness.

Edited by PhilH930
19 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Well said.  He tried a little too much too soon at times today, and you could tell every misplaced shot, pass, or incomplete action visibly frustrated him.  The lads determination shines through and you can tell he badly wants to be a playing part of this good thing and continue where he left off last season.

Patience Christian - don't force it, and it will continue to come.  Very excited to have him back and building match sharpness.

The frustration probably comes from sitting out so long.   I'd be frustrated too. 

Will probably help if he's able to start some more games and just sort of feels at home on the pitch again and with the team again.   

4 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Been poor/average most of the game, but that pace to zoom pass the defender for the goal is a thing of beauty.

Now that he got his goal, I am expecting him to slow down and play for the team rather than playing for himself the last few games.

https://cc.sporttube.com/embed/n4ECCCG/no-preload

Didn’t think he was poor at all. Thought he was very good. Shot in final third needs work but had a lot of positive runs. 

6 hours ago, Slojo said:

Still looks a bit rusty but has some brilliant moments, kept scuffing his shots too much when he cut in but great goal to grab at the end. 

Don't understimate Pulisic, he's still one of our best players and he will deliver. 

My exact thoughts on him.. there was this one moment though when he literally cut through 2/3 players.. his acceleration is insane..similar to a Willian or a Hazard .. making him impossible to defend 1v1

I love players who are direct and will run and defenders and take shots on but by god he can be greedy. 

He needs to lift his head a bit more. Twice midweek he lays it on a plate for CHO and yesterday he had Werner open twice and went for a shot through a crowd of players. 

He’s an outstanding talent though. 

16 hours ago, turnyitb said:

That goal will do wonders for his confidence.

came on on the right but switched to the left very quickly by Frank where he’s so much better.

It took some time for that switch, I think we had around 5 minutes with nobody playing on the right side area.

Pulisic clearly wanted and needed that goal, he has the passion to become one of the best wingers in the world he just needs to avoid injuries a bit. Once he becomes a bit more stronger he will destroy everyone.

Get this guy firing on all cylinders again, and manage his time carefully.  Such a direct and impactful player, that by himself occupies a defense.  One thing I really admire his his runs into the 6 yard box - he scores a number of goals by making that effort and getting there.  Frank loves this aspect, and can not overstate how important it is to just get there,

Thought he's looked a bit too selfish in his last two games. 

I get that he's trying to make up for lost time and a player as good as he is with the ball at his feet can make openings a lot of other can't but he needs to start getting his head up more and seeing when others are in positions better than him. 

On 06/12/2020 at 18:30, MayosNoun! said:

I love players who are direct and will run and defenders and take shots on but by god he can be greedy. 

He needs to lift his head a bit more. Twice midweek he lays it on a plate for CHO and yesterday he had Werner open twice and went for a shot through a crowd of players. 

He’s an outstanding talent though. 

agreed.. He was extremely selfish on both occasions.. and it is thin line between being selfish as all top forwards are and then actually starting to hurt the team.. for now i think i will give him the benefit of the doubt.. but yeah on the other  hand CHO could have done a goal vs Seville.