Christian Pulisic - Official

9 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Thought he's looked a bit too selfish in his last two games. 

I get that he's trying to make up for lost time and a player as good as he is with the ball at his feet can make openings a lot of other can't but he needs to start getting his head up more and seeing when others are in positions better than him. 

There were two clear balls he should've played in the Sevilla game. It was his first start in some time so getting up to match fitness is expected. He would be the first person to say he should've played those balls in. Move on. I don't see how he was selfish against Leeds. He took a crack at goal that was blocked twice, when there was no real other option other than pass backwards? I don't mind those. Take a chance if there's nothing there. What on earth is there to lose. I think this "selfishness" thing is getting overblown based on again, two missed opportunities against Sevilla. Pulisic will always drive at players and make to look a play (see Liverpool assist).  

6 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Had a bit of a knock on his back after the Leeds game and not guaranteed to be fit for Everton...

He has been pronounced fit to play against Everton.  

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/lampard-pulisic-available-chelsea-ziyech-hudson-odoi-out/quuzvcxspydt1p3biwrpiht9q

54 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Frank said he felt a twinge in his hamstring in the match but has been feeling fine in training since. 

It's been so much of a problem for him that he's probably hyper sensitive to feeling anything.  

I totally get the selfishness criticizing but honestly I want him to keep it up. He is really one of the only players on the squad with the willingness and skill to take players on in the box. All elite teams need that creativity. He’s been out for awhile and needs to regain his confidence and once he does he’ll get his head up and find that pass rather then shooting all the time. The kid oozes talent just needs to relax a bit, been a bit tense the past couple games. The only way to improve is to keep at it.

Edited by Mouwry
5 hours ago, Mouwry said:

I totally get the selfishness criticizing but honestly I want him to keep it up. He is really one of the only players on the squad with the willingness and skill to take players on in the box. All elite teams need that creativity. He’s been out for awhile and needs to regain his confidence and once he does he’ll get his head up and find that pass rather then shooting all the time. The kid oozes talent just needs to relax a bit, been a bit tense the past couple games. The only way to improve is to keep at it.

Salah and Mane are very selfish, but it makes them both very good players. 

I'm glad he is, Hazard as good as he was, was far too conservative with the ball and didn't take enough risks. Pulisic wants to change the game immediately when he has the ball. 

It's not exactly injury after injury with this guy.

It's one injury that has been troublesome. And hamstrings are like that. It's not like a bone break, set your watch for 6 weeks, and you're healed.

Hamstrings are like voodoo, they can linger. Hamstrings and Achilles. 2 you don't want to mess with, and 2 that have plagued us the last 18 months. 

Very few expected him to start games, but it's quite alarming the amount of times he missed out on team selection all together. If he's remotely game fit, Lampard would have picked him instead of a kid ( NO disrespect to our youth players). It's even worse CHO was out ( training injury?) after he's tempted to leave due to lack of game time..  I think we must buy another wing player next month, ship Rudiger out and get a winger in.

21 hours ago, abramovich said:

This is really frustrating, reminds me of Robben back in the day. There's no doubt about his talent, but these constant injuries make it difficult to count on his input throughout the season.

It's depressing, for all his talent and potential... Look at what he did to Liverpool last season, at 21 years old, that was ridiculous. I never even saw Hazard do that at 21. But these constant setbacks are just annoying, not his fault of course (at least I don't think so) but I'm not sure what's the correct course of action here. 

As someone said, it is the same hamstring that's bothering him, but how much time off can we afford to give him? He's had plenty. As someone said, it's 2 games on, 4 games off, it's frustrating. Just as you think you've weened him back into fitness, BOOM, pulled up again in training, now we have to start over. 

It's not just that either, it makes him unreliable. We can't rely on Pulisic to be our star player to help us challenge for titles when we don't even know if he can be fit for 50% of the season. That's just not good enough, and that depresses me, because I instantly took a liking to him when I watched him in the Super Cup against Liverpool. After that game I was sold on him and he's done nothing but make me proud ever since. 

Edited by Slojo