Christian Pulisic - Official

40 minutes ago, big blue said:

Baffling decision to switch him from left to right when he was destroying wolves down that side. 

Also baffling how he was fit enough for 90 minutes today, but not even fit enough for 20 2 days ago off the bench. 

Really need him to stay fit for a couple of months. Our best player by some distance.

He might have been rushed back a bit seeing how God awful we were without wingers against Everton. There were more than a couple of times in the match where he was wincing and grabbing his hamstring. Not sure if that was just from the impact of a challenge as it was often after a hard tackle rather than exacerbating the existing injury though.

25 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I thought he was really good last game, was involved with pretty much all of our highlights. He really should've played that into Tammy though, he was wide open. 

During the match thread I commented he looked rusty and was expecting him to be subbed second half. But he got better as the game went on and played a big part in the third goal. He can be excused lack of match sharpness and hopefully will keep improving and cause Arsenal a few problems on Boxing Day.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

During the match thread I commented he looked rusty and was expecting him to be subbed second half. But he got better as the game went on and played a big part in the third goal. He can be excused lack of match sharpness and hopefully will keep improving and cause Arsenal a few problems on Boxing Day.

Even when he looks rusty and having an average game, he's always so dangerous and can offer something. 

Always has to play for me, I still can't fathom why Lampard is putting him on the right wing. Big fan of Lamps, but that for me is his worst decision of the season. 

He is definitely our best attacking player, for that there is no question for me. Unfortunately the poor guy is made of glass and I get worried every time he plays that he will be injured. But even in these few recent matches, as raw and rusty as he looks at times, he brings so much to the team. 

Against west ham that third goal was single handedly his work, the great run and then follow up header, for which tammy got a 2 yard tap in. But you must rememebr when we were only 1-0 up his run and lay in to werner, who missed another sitter. unfortunately we should of wrapped that game up early thanks to him, but the record books will prob show 0 assists, when he was an important part of that win. 

2 hours ago, sonic90 said:

When he's having many games on the right doing not much, he's also in danger of losing confidence just like Timo is. Hopefully today is the day Lamps wakes up and plays people in their most dangerous and effective positions.

Doubtful, it's took him this long to realise it. 

But I tell you what if I see Werner on the left side against Villa on the starting lineup I'm going to throw my telly out the window. So good luck to the poor sod who walks by my house then. 

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Would rather Kai in the 10 and Anjorin the other wide player.

I would agree with that but I think with a quick turnaround I doubt Lampard and the coaching staff would have the time to change formation and allocate roles so I think he may proceed with the same formation but with a few days available after the Villa game I would expect more drastic changes for the City game. 

I feel as though we have a squad which is better suited to a 4-4-2/4-2-4 with Werner/Kai operating as the 2nd striker alongside Tammy/Giroud.