Christian Pulisic - Official

Sindre

15 hours ago, DumbYank said:

Good God.  That cancel culture sh*t goes on in England too?

You have no idea why he friggin' "liked" a post.  Pulisic to my knowledge hasn't been politically vocal to this point in public.  He says he just liked the post of an aquaintance absentmindedly.  I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not pro going out and shotting Antifa members unprovoked.  If I see evidence of the contrary, I'll re-evaluate my decision.  Jeebus.  

I can tell you one thing. If the Jahn dude's post is about killing Antifa members, I am unaware of it.  I am unable to translate that gibberish anyway.

If you've read the post then I think its disingenuous to say that you didnt realise that's what he was saying. Like I said in my original comment, perhaps he was just stupid and didnt read the post before liking which in the current climate is really naive.

As for cancel culture... Who has mentioned cancelling anyone? Criticism is allowed. 

Pulisic alongside Werner and even Havertz to an extent work best in counter attack teams not possession based so it's always going to be a period of adjustment for them.

His strengths really aren't exploited in this system alongside the fact others have mentioned our players don't release the ball forward into space enough. Especially in centeral areas it's criminal how often our speedy players make runs centrally and get ignored.

For Puli he has to keep his head down and keep working hard, his time will come. It feels like we've gone back in time to Autumn last year before he started showing us what he could do.

44 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Pulisic alongside Werner and even Havertz to an extent work best in counter attack teams not possession based so it's always going to be a period of adjustment for them.

His strengths really aren't exploited in this system alongside the fact others have mentioned our players don't release the ball forward into space enough. Especially in centeral areas it's criminal how often our speedy players make runs centrally and get ignored.

For Puli he has to keep his head down and keep working hard, his time will come. It feels like we've gone back in time to Autumn last year before he started showing us what he could do.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. I can get on board with Werner, for sure, and possibly Havertz being better suited to a counter attacking team, but Pulisic was excellent last season in Lampard’s system, when healthy, and that was not a counter attacking system.

The system we most frequently use under Tuchel means we play with wing backs and not wingers. So in games where we use this system either Pulisic would need to play as a wing back, or a more central role like Ziyech. I would say he is probably more suited to play the wing back role, as CHO has been playing in some games. But that would limit his game time as he then also competing with Chilwell/Alonso on the left, or James/CHO on the right.

13 minutes ago, forbzy said:

The system we most frequently use under Tuchel means we play with wing backs and not wingers. So in games where we use this system either Pulisic would need to play as a wing back, or a more central role like Ziyech. I would say he is probably more suited to play the wing back role, as CHO has been playing in some games. But that would limit his game time as he then also competing with Chilwell/Alonso on the left, or James/CHO on the right.

Tommy doesnt seem to like the idea of CP playing LWB.

21 minutes ago, coco said:

Tommy doesnt seem to like the idea of CP playing LWB.

I agree. I don't see him getting much game time in that position. Of course it assumes we play with wing backs in every game. We may well go with 4 at the back for some games which opens up more options for wingers.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

I’m not sure that’s accurate. I can get on board with Werner, for sure, and possibly Havertz being better suited to a counter attacking team, but Pulisic was excellent last season in Lampard’s system, when healthy, and that was not a counter attacking system.

That's fair although, imo I will more often than not regard 4231 as a counter attack system. It can combine possession based football with counter attack.

If you look at some of the goals he scored last season and for dortmund they are him exploiting the space in behind the defense. That is almost always on the counter since there would be hardly any space in behind if we were camped in their half.

Pulisic thrives on transition and being able to isolate players in 1v1 scenarios a good example is his goal vs Man city last year or a couple of his goals in the hatrick vs Burnley.

On 05/03/2021 at 14:25, Valhalla said:

Did he even touch the ball yesterday? 

One thing we need to work is getting the ball to our forwards. Unfortunately when he came in in the 2nd half we barely went forward and were defending to see the game out. I don't blame him for not making an impact. We need to do a better job at getting the ball forward.

His introduction to the game was to continue the good work Mount was doing, to carry the ball and relieve the pressure, yet when he came on the ball was like a hot potato, most unlike him and typical of a player low in confidence.

What i find confusing is why the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic keep getting game time despite their ineffectiveness yet Havertz, who arguably has both their attributes (creativity, energy, Pace) has hardly featured.

I am convinced TT is sparing Havertz until he feels he's physically and mentally ready. I have said it before and will say it again, this Boy Havertz is a real player and we have to show patience with him.

14 hours ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

What i find confusing is why the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic keep getting game time despite their ineffectiveness yet Havertz, who arguably has both their attributes (creativity, energy, Pace) has hardly featured.

Havertz has only just come back from injury hasn’t he? Been on the bench the last 3(?) games and I think got on once?

It’s harder to fit them all in to the squad because we’ve sacrificed an attacking player for an extra CB also. 

Im hoping one of the three gets firing again but I’ve got more faith in Pulisic because we’ve seen what he can do when he’s in form. 

Christian has had nagging injuries that have made this season a wash, but I honestly think Chelsea was not a good fit for him to start with, at least not at this stage in his career.  Chelsea is the team I support, but as someone from the US, I support Pulisic as well.  I think Pulisic should leave Chelsea and go to another team.  Chelsea changes managers every two years almost like clock work and being a very wealthy team they stockpile talent.  Him having to fight for playing time is not helping his career or the US national team.  He needs to be starting somewhere once he has completely healed, if that is even a possibility.  The Bayern Munich whispers that have surfaced sound like a really good situation for him if it happens.  I will hate not seeing him play as much, as the US TV is almost exclusively EPL, at least for English language channels.  Chelsea is winning without him, even if the brand of football TT brought is very boring to watch, Ws is what matters.

If you think that he’s not going to have to fight for playing time at Bayern, then you are probably referring to some Bayern other than Munich.

1 hour ago, RMH said:

If you think that he’s not going to have to fight for playing time at Bayern, then you are probably referring to some Bayern other than Munich.

Think the Bayern Munich move would have happened when he was leaving Dortmund if it was ever to happen. Good luck getting ahead of Sane, Conman & Gnabry.

The guy is 22 its not like he's in his prime. He will get game time at Chelsea, TT is probably just using the same method with him as Kante sonce their both injury prone. He will slowly introduce him to a starting birth and be extra careful in the mins that he gets.

3 hours ago, sstarrx2 said:

Christian has had nagging injuries that have made this season a wash, but I honestly think Chelsea was not a good fit for him to start with, at least not at this stage in his career.  Chelsea is the team I support, but as someone from the US, I support Pulisic as well.  I think Pulisic should leave Chelsea and go to another team.  Chelsea changes managers every two years almost like clock work and being a very wealthy team they stockpile talent.  Him having to fight for playing time is not helping his career or the US national team.  He needs to be starting somewhere once he has completely healed, if that is even a possibility.  The Bayern Munich whispers that have surfaced sound like a really good situation for him if it happens.  I will hate not seeing him play as much, as the US TV is almost exclusively EPL, at least for English language channels.  Chelsea is winning without him, even if the brand of football TT brought is very boring to watch, Ws is what matters.

Absolutely he need to go to Bayern and be the 5th winger behind muller,sane,gnabry and Coman. 

5 hours ago, sstarrx2 said:

On current form this season he would do well to get in Bayern’s under 23 side 

I am not saying he would not have to fight to play at Bayern...what I am saying is he is not playing now and the players selected over him are not doing squat either.  Chelsea is winning or drawing on defense rightt now.  Their attacking game has been putrid at best.  As for Christian, we don’t  even know what his form is, as he is coming in on mop up duty.  Chelsea once they get a 1 goal lead look like just tighten up the D and play keep away.  So far it has worked well enough to not lose, but that is not going to fly over the long hall.  Chelsea has got to find an attack or the forunate good run of results will run dry!

31 minutes ago, sstarrx2 said:

I am not saying he would not have to fight to play at Bayern...what I am saying is he is not playing now and the players selected over him are not doing squat either.  Chelsea is winning or drawing on defense rightt now.  Their attacking game has been putrid at best.  As for Christian, we don’t  even know what his form is, as he is coming in on mop up duty.  Chelsea once they get a 1 goal lead look like just tighten up the D and play keep away.  So far it has worked well enough to not lose, but that is not going to fly over the long hall.  Chelsea has got to find an attack or the forunate good run of results will run dry!

On recent form CHO has justified being selected ahead of Pulisic. The 2 of them have traded places on the bench in the last year or so, but since Tuchel arrived CHO seems to have had the upper hand so far. Ziyech is another story but he is mostly being played in a more central role. Pulisic is generally regarded as a winger and I m not sure how well he would far in the more central role. Havertz and Ziyech seem to be fighting over that position. Being that we now play with wing backs and now wingers I would say Pulisic is competing with CHO/James on the right and Chilwell/Alonso on the left.

2 hours ago, forbzy said:

On recent form CHO has justified being selected ahead of Pulisic. The 2 of them have traded places on the bench in the last year or so, but since Tuchel arrived CHO seems to have had the upper hand so far. Ziyech is another story but he is mostly being played in a more central role. Pulisic is generally regarded as a winger and I m not sure how well he would far in the more central role. Havertz and Ziyech seem to be fighting over that position. Being that we now play with wing backs and now wingers I would say Pulisic is competing with CHO/James on the right and Chilwell/Alonso on the left.

Not sure Pulisic can play wb, even right now cho as wb is a bit scary at times defensively. 

Not sure Pulisic can play football. he's the type of player who snaps Achilles and breaks his neck standing up from a toilet, even with CFC medical team that guy cant stay fit. Barkley has done more than him this season and he's been toilet at Villa. (35 million?😂😂😂😂😂 anyone stupid enough to pay double what we paid needs to go out of business) Pulisic has been really poor considering the cash we spent on him. Offload, get someone in who can stay fit. 

Ziyech is another player too lightweight from Eredivisie to make an impact in the Premier League. Think Kezman... Move on this season.

Is Moses still on chelsea's books? That would lock up the right side. CHO isnt a wing back and as yet fails to create or score goals.

Bring Back Ampadu who has looked a class act in a relegation threatened team on the left side of a three. Bring in Ruben Loftus cheek and get rid of either Jorginho or Kovacic, see Fulham improvement since RLC inclusion to the match day team. Find a manager who isnt going to strangle games and bore the stadium to death a la sarri.  

Those would be my changes this summer... but hey.. I appreciate not everyone see's it my way... I just dont think we're doing good business at the minute as our struggles show. 

Edited by cfcwomble

Yes Barkley has produced more than Pulisic this season.

I think Pulisic might be missing those runs of Pedro that would take a defender away so he could run at the defense with a clearer field. Nevertheless his recent injury record is a concern.

I think we will be lucky to get £20mil for Barkley he is not mobile enough and his recent injury time out will make John Smith think hard on any outlay for him.

RLC did not start yesterday and has snatched at all his recent chances in front of goal, again like Barkley not that mobile. Price would be the key to a move.

Moses must be past it as a WB in the EPL.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Ziyech this summer. He has not been terrible just nowhere as good as we expected. 

18 minutes ago, cfcwomble said:

Not sure Pulisic can play football. he's the type of player who snaps Achilles and breaks his neck standing up from a toilet, even with CFC medical team that guy cant stay fit. Barkley has done more than him this season and he's been toilet at Villa. (35 million?😂😂😂😂😂 anyone stupid enough to pay double what we paid needs to go out of business) Pulisic has been really poor considering the cash we spent on him. Offload, get someone in who can stay fit. 

Ziyech is another player too lightweight from Eredivisie to make an impact in the Premier League. Think Kezman... Move on this season.

Is Moses still on chelsea's books? That would lock up the right side. CHO isnt a wing back and as yet fails to create or score goals.

Bring Back Ampadu who has looked a class act in a relegation threatened team on the left side of a three. Bring in Ruben Loftus cheek and get rid of either Jorginho or Kovacic, see Fulham improvement since RLC inclusion to the match day team. Find a manager who isnt going to strangle games and bore the stadium to death a la sarri.  

Those would be my changes this summer... but hey.. I appreciate not everyone see's it my way... I just dont think we're doing good business at the minute as our struggles show. 

You are right...I dont agree with you.  Some injuries are very hard to heal, especially muscle tears, they are not like bones that heal stronger, once torn they will always be a weak spot.  Pulisic just needs time to heal, he really should sit the rest of the season and not play at all to be honest.  Even having said that, I don’t think Chelsea is the right fit for him and he should move on.  

7 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

RLC did not start yesterday and has snatched at all his recent chances in front of goal, again like Barkley not that mobile. Price would be the key to a move.

Strider. Honestly believe RLC will be a better fit in a midfield three of Kovacic, Jorghino and Kante. This three doesn't work. Would love to see Havertz, Kante, RLC/ Mount, far more attacking/ busy/ industrious. But yeah, dont think he'll see the Stamford Bridge pitch again like Ampadu, like many of the youngsters actually.