Christian Pulisic - Official

11 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Hmm, surely he didn't get injured just from that little jog, even with a tight hamstring it would be hard to feel it that bad just from jogging. I'm starting to think it's a mental thing with Pulisic of late, like any time he feels anything, he is asking to be subbed just in case. I'm just guessing though, but it does seem like it at times.

It's sounding like he has a similar mental problem to Daniel Sturridge unfortunately. He wouldn't train unless he was 100% fit, it's why we let him go. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

It's sounding like he has a similar mental problem to Daniel Sturridge unfortunately. He wouldn't train unless he was 100% fit, it's why we let him go. 

Agreed. Talented player on his day but too unreliable to build a team around. He will find himself falling down the pecking order and probably request a transfer for more playing time

As an American, I am really beginning to worry about his longevity at the highest level of futbol. We have so much hope for him, so much talents there. We just don't produce guys like Mount, CHO, Sancho, Tammy, etc. on a regular basis so it's been very disappointing to see him struggling so much this season.

I do think it's a little early to give up on him right now. I hope he has an excellent rehab program ready for him this summer to help him fully recover. If he's not able to get pass all these injuries next season, I am afraid his time with Chelsea is really up.

Yeah, can't argue with that.

When I look at Mount, I am little envious. Mount is the type of player that is just unbreakable, even if you put a hammer to his knees. Some players are just blessed with exceptional DNA.

On 03/04/2021 at 13:41, haviet1 said:

As an American, I am really beginning to worry about his longevity at the highest level of futbol. We have so much hope for him, so much talents there. We just don't produce guys like Mount, CHO, Sancho, Tammy, etc. on a regular basis so it's been very disappointing to see him struggling so much this season.

I do think it's a little early to give up on him right now. I hope he has an excellent rehab program ready for him this summer to help him fully recover. If he's not able to get pass all these injuries next season, I am afraid his time with Chelsea is really up.

Well to be fair he never really had a very long break due to COVID.  So after his hamstring injury in the FA cup he was constantly trying to get back out on the field.  So perhaps pushing it might have some effect.

Fortunately for him it looks like World Cup qualifying was pushed back from the summer into the fall.  So hopefully having almost a full summer off will help.

But it is concerning because it seems to be a constant issue in his career which holds him back and it hasn't really been resolved.  

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

A very hard season for him. Hopefully he can recover in the summer and avoid injuries next season.

Tbh he just needs a month or so out. I keep hearing from people its the same injury from the fa cup final. Supposedly he should have been out for up to 3 months but he was back within 1. I appreciate his eagerness to participate but not at the detriment of his health. Ideally he just takes a break gets fully fit and then contribute during the last 5-8 last games of the season (all comps) depending where we are in various competitions.

So frustrating as all great teams need a game-changer. We lost ours in Hazard but many were predicting Pulicic could be as good as Hazard. He has shown glimpses but comes nowhere close to Hazard and with the niggling injuries you have to start getting a bit concerned whether he is going to go on to be the TOP player we all hoped.

Both he and CHO promise so much but flatter to deceive. Need at least one of them to contribute consistently or it will be a case of trading them in for something better.  

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

There’s one thing the lad needs and to quote Britain's Top Journalist and Hardest Working c**t in Podcasting;

Just Rest.  

The thing it seems is that it doesn't matter how much rest he gets. He ends up getting injured in what seems like any instance. I thought Tuchel did a good job when he was coming back from injury the last time in not over playing him or forcing him back into the squad. I hate to say it but I think this is just going to be Christian's career. He is going to have to be managed carefully every single season, every match, every week. 

11 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

The thing it seems is that it doesn't matter how much rest he gets. He ends up getting injured in what seems like any instance. I thought Tuchel did a good job when he was coming back from injury the last time in not over playing him or forcing him back into the squad. I hate to say it but I think this is just going to be Christian's career. He is going to have to be managed carefully every single season, every match, every week. 

Well, he has not been given the proper amount of time for hamstring tear.  Whether that be on him for saying he is ready, or on the staff for rushing him back.  A regular Joe would take 8 weeks to heal this type of injury enough to where they could resume normal activity.  I professional footballer,  I would say needs at least 3 months on the pine.  Even then he may never come back 100%.  I am not a professional athlete,  but I tore both my calf muscles playing footie in the back yard.  I took at least two months to heal to where I could walk without a limp.  To this day I can no longer run.  If I take off on a light sprint, I wont get 20 yards before I pull up.  That is after having stretched for 20 minutes.  Muscle injuries suck!!!  Give me a broken bone any day!  Bones heal stronger...muscles are never the same after a tear.

Edited by sstarrx2
3 minutes ago, sstarrx2 said:

Well, he has not been given the proper amount of time for hamstring tear.  Whether that be on him for saying he is ready, or on the staff for rushing him back.  A regular Joe would take 8 weeks to heal this type of injury enough to where they could resume normal activity.  I professional footballer,  I would say needs at least 3 months on the pine.  Even then he may never come back 100%.  I am not a professional athlete,  but I tore both my calf muscles playing footie in the back yard.  I took at least two months to heal to where I could walk without a limp.  To this day I can no longer run.  If I take off on a light sprint, I wont get 20 yards before I pull up.  That is after having stretched for 20 minutes.  Muscle injuries suck!!!  Give me a broken bone any day!  Bones heal stronger...muscles are never the same after a tear.

I've pulled a few myself (luckily haven't torn any) when I was younger (what athlete hasn't) and the amount of time it takes to truly heal is pretty remarkable, especially when it comes to hamstrings and quads etc. You can feel good for so long and you think you are ready to go and that first explosive push off and **BOOM** you've reaggravated it. Even without a history of muscle issues, I had to really be disciplined and not come back to fast, which I did the first time or two. After that, and especially now that I'm older, I lean towards extra caution and take extra time to allow myself to heal. I'm not a prime athlete in the slightest, but muscle injuries can be really finicky.

Pulisic's history with injuries should tell them to be as cautious as possible, which I imagine they are trying to be. I would just err on the side of caution even when he feels he is good to go. 

3 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Tbh he just needs a month or so out. I keep hearing from people its the same injury from the fa cup final. Supposedly he should have been out for up to 3 months but he was back within 1. I appreciate his eagerness to participate but not at the detriment of his health. Ideally he just takes a break gets fully fit and then contribute during the last 5-8 last games of the season (all comps) depending where we are in various competitions.

I think he needs to seriously consider to recover till the last few games and then take the break during the summer in the best possible way to further recover before the new pre-season starts.

He has a chance to become a top player but he needs to take a real break and then work on his physique because in the PL he's clearly not protected since the refs basically allow the opposition to kick him and foul him a lot, I think there was a game where he went down more than 5 times before the first yellow card was shown... Either he recovers and builds up some muscle or he would need to learn how to play like Grealish.

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think he needs to seriously consider to recover till the last few games and then take the break during the summer in the best possible way to further recover before the new pre-season starts.

He has a chance to become a top player but he needs to take a real break and then work on his physique because in the PL he's clearly not protected since the refs basically allow the opposition to kick him and foul him a lot, I think there was a game where he went down more than 5 times before the first yellow card was shown... Either he recovers and builds up some muscle or he would need to learn how to play like Grealish.

I have literally 0 interest in the Olympics but, when he said he wanted to compete I was going to watch it for the football. Ironically I'm glad America didn't qualify now, because the guy needs a break. 

22 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I have literally 0 interest in the Olympics but, when he said he wanted to compete I was going to watch it for the football. Ironically I'm glad America didn't qualify now, because the guy needs a break. 

Pulisic wouldn't have been on the Olympic squad anyways.

The reason the US didn't qualify for the Olympics is that there during qualifying there were 16 players under the age of 23 who were on the senior squad and not on the Olympic squad.  There was another player Weston McKennie who was under 23 who would have been with the senior squad but was injured.

That Olympic squad was a B-team if not a C-team of US players under age 23.  Most will probably never play meaningful games with the senior squad in their careers.

However I will say that World Cup qualifying was suppose to be this summer but got pushed back to the fall due to COVID.  So a lucky break there, hopefully that will give Pulisic the rest he needs.

Edited by Valpo
On 05/04/2021 at 20:46, sstarrx2 said:

From personal experience I 100% agree. Over the past four years I have had four major surgeries. Two total knee replacements in 2018 a left knee revision in late 2019 and a right hip replacement a month ago. Each time the bone trauma associated with the surgeries was painful but pretty straightforward to recover from. However, the muscle and ligament readjustment are a killer. For example the new hip is fantastic but since coming out of hospital I have suffered a severe groin pull and an adductor strain as everything around the hip re-aligns and gets used to the different mechanics of an artificial joint.

Rest, proper rehab and most importantly time are the only road to a full recovery for any soft tissue or muscle injury.

Edited by just
On 03/04/2021 at 13:21, forbzy said:

Agreed. Talented player on his day but too unreliable to build a team around. He will find himself falling down the pecking order and probably request a transfer for more playing time

He needs the proper time to heal!  Chelsea staff need to let him do that.  When he is healthy he is the best player on Chelsea's roster and it is not even close.  If Chelsea mess around and let him leave, it will come back to haunt them!  He will find his way back to an EPL side and will one day make Chelsea look foolish.

15 minutes ago, sstarrx2 said:

He needs the proper time to heal!  Chelsea staff need to let him do that.  When he is healthy he is the best player on Chelsea's roster and it is not even close.  If Chelsea mess around and let him leave, it will come back to haunt them!  He will find his way back to an EPL side and will one day make Chelsea look foolish.

Never really been a big fan, has had a couple of very good  games in a couple of seasons, the Liverpool one in particular comes to mind. Has been underwhelming on many occasions when he has been fit. I think Chelsea have been patient with him, he seems to be off a lot of the time. Last Saturday he called himself off at half time only to be declared fit for the Porto game. 

Yes there are times when he can add something different and direct and we do need that but he delivers so rarely it would not  bother me if he went. 
I know a lot of USA fans on this forum because of CP but it seems that a lot were complaining about him not getting game time and he should leave, to giving him more rest time.

As far as him being our best player when fit and no one is even close I disagree and would put Mount away above him in importance to the team.

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Never really been a big fan, has had a couple of very good  games in a couple of seasons, the Liverpool one in particular comes to mind. Has been underwhelming on many occasions when he has been fit. I think Chelsea have been patient with him, he seems to be off a lot of the time. Last Saturday he called himself off at half time only to be declared fit for the Porto game. 

Yes there are times when he can add something different and direct and we do need that but he delivers so rarely it would not  bother me if he went. 
I know a lot of USA fans on this forum because of CP but it seems that a lot were complaining about him not getting game time and he should leave, to giving him more rest time.

As far as him being our best player when fit and no one is even close I disagree and would put Mount away above him in importance to the team.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion even if it's wrong.  He has not been fit in a long time.  When he was fit he was very much on his game.  Chelsea are the reason he is not fit.  You have an entire squad of elite players, leave Pulisic alone to heal.  Mount is a great player too and I love his defending, but I don't see him as much of an offensive threat as CP (unless he is on a set piece, he has considerable skill at that).  Football fans are always what have you done for me lately...I get that...Chelsea has a track record of making sh*t poor decisions with their players Debrune and Salah come to mind.  Pulisic will be another swing and miss if they do not allow him to heal.  He needs 3 months of rest...no training period, outside of walking.

1 hour ago, sstarrx2 said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion even if it's wrong.  He has not been fit in a long time.  When he was fit he was very much on his game.  Chelsea are the reason he is not fit.  You have an entire squad of elite players, leave Pulisic alone to heal.  Mount is a great player too and I love his defending, but I don't see him as much of an offensive threat as CP (unless he is on a set piece, he has considerable skill at that).  Football fans are always what have you done for me lately...I get that...Chelsea has a track record of making sh*t poor decisions with their players Debrune and Salah come to mind.  Pulisic will be another swing and miss if they do not allow him to heal.  He needs 3 months of rest...no training period, outside of walking.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and I’d rather yours right but I don’t think he is all that. He had a bright start at Dortmund and I think as usual Chelsea got attracted to the bright new shiny thing to replace Hazard.  At Dortmund at the end he was behind Sancho who was 2 years his junior.

To blame Chelsea for his injuries goes a bit far. They have a world class medical facility hiring top people who have seen similar injuries time and time again who want nothing more than a fully fit player.

Maybe his body isn’t up to top class football on a regular basis. 

1 hour ago, sstarrx2 said:

I will thread these needle a little bit here in terms of the best player.

Mount IMO is the most consistent player Chelsea has.  Every game he delievers.

CP has IMO one of the highest or the highest ceiling . . . that if he was at the top of his game he's better than just about anyone else on the pitch at the top of their games.

Problem is he's not always at the top of his game.  The hamstring injury is a part of it.