Christian Pulisic - Official

Sindre

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I barely remember him having the ball throughout the game. However what he did get, far less than Kai or Mount, he turned in to 2 goals. 

2 more than Werner would have got.

Werner has quality too...but he is messed up in the head.  He needs to forget about how much Chelsea paid for him and play like he is in youth football!  Relax have fun and those goals will come.  He is not handling the pressure very well.

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I barely remember him having the ball throughout the game. However what he did get, far less than Kai or Mount, he turned in to 2 goals. 

2 more than Werner would have got.

He had good moments, but I agree with you, at some point I forgot he was playing, but when he got the ball he was effective. He is coming back to being the player he was towards the end of last season.

On 10/04/2021 at 14:37, Sindre said:

I agree. Even got a couple of knocks, latest one when he scored his second and he just got on with it.

So that was a nice surprise as well!

Knocks were not really his problem it was the strain in his muscles and him feeling it tweak on him.  

However it is huge that he was able to play the full 90.  

What impressed me was his first goal, he hit it with such force I didn't see the ball move and only knew it was a goal by the players reaction.

Such a difference from some previous attempts to shoot that were poor.

Noticed he was on the left so that may be part of the problem, he cannot shoot well on his right.

16 hours ago, Munkworth said:

You lot a bit happier about his form now? :laugh2:

The thing is, it's not even his form, but his injury history. He gets injured and then takes him a while to get back into form again. It is frustrating. 

Holy Cow was CP ever mugged today in the Porto match!  I do not know how we are going to keep him healthy the way he gets kicked and thrown around.  He may need to put some rocks in his pockets!!!

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Christian managed to win 11 fouls this game - more than 50% of Porto's fouls were on Pulisic.

Ey4iUZEWYAMWaZQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ey4rKBiWQAUtBoC?format=jpg&name=large

Did he win MOTM?  Is that what the trophy is for?

52 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

They were scared to death of him, and the ref should have protected him better.

He should have bagged two more goals tonight. A real shame he did not as it opens the door for a Werner return.

I wouldn't see it that way. Can you imagine Pulisic playing games like this twice a week for months? I'm fine with him giving Werner a hard time coming back into the first team but I'd rather see them both share minutes and get the most out of it instead of running the one player in form down. I'd also argue that it helps Werner too who needs his freshness to keep his pace and focus.

Very impressive again.

Not least about the fact that he was getting battered by Porto and just got on with it. Looks like something has finally clicked for him again.