coco

Spuds V Chelsea (LC) Tue 8th Jan 20:00 UK

After the one-sided disgrace of 24th November I just hope that the players are prepared to give everything to win. Not matter what the cost.

Last game against them was a disgrace, so hopefully we will see a better effort all round.  I still don't think we are good enough to beat them at Wembley, but this is a two legged affair so even if we come away with a one goal deficit it won't be too bad.  

We always look a bit soft against this mob and it’s hard to see morata changing that. If RLC is injured we will be even softer. 

Usual back 4

kante jorgehino kovacic

cho morata hazard I guess

zero attacking players to go on bench. 

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

We always look a bit soft against this mob and it’s hard to see morata changing that. If RLC is injured we will be even softer. 

Usual back 4

kante jorgehino kovacic

We need a defensive 'wall'...I want 5.6 billion to build a wall...

Play the usual way and they will pick us apart.......that f**ker Poch loves doing that. Yes we need a wall......they shall not pass and then hit on the counter or set pieces.

10 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Perhaps we need to play against them like we did against City and hit them on the break.

For sure.....stress them, make it hard for them. Cuz you can bet your behind Poch will set them up right, and you can be sure they will be up for it as always. Play an open game and their pace and power will do the job like last time.....and of course expect the ref to be on their side.....as always.

8 hours ago, ozboy said:

Usual back 4

kante jorgehino kovacic

True, but a sad indictment nonetheless. a 20 year legacy forgotten after one gutless match! We need to be starting the next 20 year legacy.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Much as his showing had flaws morata scored 2 and should keep his place. CHO supplied 2 should keep his place too. 

Don't think we have much choice with all our injuries!

Kepa, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, CHO, Morata, Hazard.

Bench: Willy, Zappa, Luiz, Emerson, Ampadu, Barkley, Moses

I would be happy if Deishawn Redan snagged a spot on the bench as the only other fit striker at the club. But I don't think that'll happen.

Edited by Spiller86

15 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I would be happy if Deishawn Redan snagged a spot on the bench as the only other fit striker at the club. But I don't think that'll happen.

U23s are playing Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy on Wednesday so I doubt any youth will be involved. 

43 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Don't think we have much choice with all our injuries!

Kepa, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, CHO, Morata, Hazard.

Bench: Willy, Zappa, Luiz, Emerson, Ampadu, Barkley, Moses

Heard Pedro and Giroud will be fit. I reckon Willian may be as well. If 2 of those are Morata and CHO will.be dropped.

5 hours ago, PimpThanos said:

If CHO doesnt start ill actually be pissed. Best winger we have in or squad atm behind only Hazard

Agreed. After his performance against Forest CHO deserves another chance against Spurs. I'm sure he would the relish the chance to pkay in a big London Derby too

CHO deserves to start, he will be much more productive than Willian and clearly gave Morata decent chances.

I'd still start Morata over Giroud as he's far more mobile and I'm hoping the two goals against Forest will give him the confidence boost he desperately requires.

Nervous for this one considering how we capitulated against them in the league. 

Injuries are piling up a bit, probably the worst set of injuries we've had in years. 

For me, CHO has to start. The display at the weekend was the best one of our wingers has put in for a while so he's earned the chance to show what he can do. 

Barkley has disapointed in his last couple of games so would expect Kovacic to come back into the midfield. 

Be interesting to see if Morata gets another start after his two goals against Forest. 

We need to show more fight this time around, our last performance there was shocking. My team would be:

Kepa

Azpi
Rudiger
Luiz
Alonso

Jorginho
Kante
Kovacic

Hudson-Odoi
Pedro
Hazard

I have a feeling that Sarri may bench CHO for this one in place of Morata. Hopefully not though!