coco

Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Sat 12th Jan 17:30 UK

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

Im not arguing against spending. It's simply impossible to get a striker in January, so either we make do with what is available in Higuain and wait until the summer or we don't spend and rely on the false nine until the end of the season.

I just don't understand why it has become such a big statement that it's somehow impossible to get a striker in January. Just a year ago we got Giroud in January and other notable moves were for example Coutinho went to Barcelona, Aubameyang to Arsenal and so on...It's obviously not that impossible.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Fair enough, I admittedly have little knowledge over the Higuain situation so excuse my ignorance. But I'm not a fan of the age factor and when I hear that he has issues with weight and fatigue I don't like that idea either. If it's cheap then maybe it's good for the short term. 

Good point.

I agree with you, I'm not convinced with him, because of his age and also his salary, but if it works short term for Sarri and gets us top 4, it could be money well spent. We both know any transfer is a gamble. Anyway, a win today so at least we can enjoy the weekend !

Rio Ferdinand is a c**t, an absolute moron. Defending Mike Ashley on bt, must be just a coincidence that his sh*t clothing range is sold exclusively in Ashley sports shops.. Oh an he said this...

“What if Ashley spent £30m on a midfielder and £30m on a striker and they both get injured? That’s a waste of £60m.”

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Rio Ferdinand is a c**t, an absolute moron. Defending Mike Ashley on bt, must be just a coincidence that his sh*t clothing range is sold exclusively in Ashley sports shops.. Oh an he said this...

“What if Ashley spent £30m on a midfielder and £30m on a striker and they both get injured? That’s a waste of £60m.”

fick as thuck.

29 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

1 - No we're not, we are saying it as we see it, and the majority of our play is slow and dull to watch. If it was something new, I think the fans would be more patient, but it's actually been something that has been a problem at the club for a long time now. Sarri so far hasn't improved that, if anything, his tactics have made it worse.

2 - No we aren't too critical of Willian. Willian's overall contribution to our attacking play has been poor since he arrived. Sorry, but a few long range worldies doesn't change the fact that most of his attacking play is really poor. Willian is at his best bringing the ball out of defence and starting our attacks, when he approaches the penlaty area, 9 times out of 10 it breaks down. His crossing, corners, finishing, passing and touch in the final third is poor more often than it isn't.

3 - Kovacic is a tidy player but nothing more. He's too quiet for me, he doesn't do enough. Throughout most of the game you wouldn't have even known he was on the pitch.

4 - Jorginho I am still half and half on. When he plays the one touch quick passing, he looks really good, but in recent times he has played the game at such a slow pace that it is making him look pretty average. 

5 - Nobody is saying Sarri should be sacked.

Fair points. Would counter:

- on Willian - he can certainly be frustrating in the ways you mention, but  i wouldn't go as far as to say overall poor. He has a good engine (still), pace (still), is good on the ball and generally keeps it well except with that final ball (that's always the hardest though), and occasionally scores great goals like today's match winner. 

- on Kovacic - "tidy player but nothing more" is harsh. he has phenomenal ability, is still young, adapting to both a new league and getting more match experience. He hasn't shown anywhere close to what he can do yet, based on what i've seen elsewhere. i feel that scoring a goal, even just a tap in, could unlock him.

- On Sarri - ok nobody was calling for him to be sacked but i saw some questioning whether he'd last or not. Too early for that too. 

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

That's hilarious. Anybody could use that argument to never buy anything ever again.

Broken toaster? What if you buy a new one at that breaks as well? That's a waste of £20.

1 minute ago, bluedave said:

That's hilarious. Anybody could use that argument to never buy anything ever again.

Broken toaster? What if you buy a new one at that breaks as well? That's a waste of £20.

My wife wants to move house, I said "why pay £300,000 for a house, a plane could break down and crash into it tomorrow."

1 hour ago, Dean said:

New here. wanted to get a few things off my chest reading various threads.

1. A lot of you are way too negative and impatient.

2. You’re too critical of Willian. He’s a good player.

3. You’re also too critical of Kovacic. Did nothing wrong today, put hazard through for second goal. Linked up well and showed great composure in defense. He’s a seriously classy player. You’ll see if only you show a bit more patience. Trouble is....

4. ... Jorginho. Here all your cricticisms are justified. I just don’t get it.Apart from the lack of striker, this is the big structural problem as the team has apparently been built around him, with others in midfield forced into unfamiliar roles. So all your criticisms of kovacic, kante in other threads are in fact criticisms of jorginho. Trouble is sarri brought him in and feels he has to play him. Pride/loyalty? All that said...

5. Sarri is doing a good job. Those of you calling for him to be sacked... seriously??? It  shows a massive sense of entitlement. It’s not an easy club to work at,  and there are structural problems there too. Given Chelsea’s current situation, its clout, financial and otherwise, relative to other teams, 4th place would be a great result. Which of the current top 3 should we be ahead of? Lucky to have Sarri really. Again - patience!

Welcome aboard. A few things about this place. You will find many knee jerk fans that go off the deep in for every slip or bad play. However I like to believe most here are wanting 3 points for the Blues. So when you read some posts that you mentioned, take them w/ a grain of salt. So just come here, keep it real & keep it Chels. Don't worry about some of the numpties that post that garbage.

Edited by robdog

48 minutes ago, Slojo said:

And people saying "f**k you Willian haters!!" and "Willian is such a bad player ey??" after he scores a goal isn't really that civil either no? 

Why can't both sides just be objective about it, you might not think he has had a bad game today (I certainly think he did) but nobody could say he is having a good season and at the age he is I think it's about right that we should all be agreeing with the idea that we should be getting a replacement for him. 

If he plays as 'badly' as he did today for the rest of the season I'll be f**king delighted. 

2 minutes ago, robdog said:

Welcome aboard. A few things about this place. You will find many knee jerk fans that go off the deep in for every slip or bad play. However I like to believe most here are wanting 3 points for the Blues. So when you read some posts that you mentioned, take them w/ a grain of salt. So just come here, keep it real & keep it Chels. Don't worry about some of the numpties that post that garbage.

Thank you sir!

15 minutes ago, bluedave said:

He didn’t say what if, he said it had happened.

Rio was saying if Ashley is looking to sell Newcastle why would he invest tens of millions into the squad when it won’t affect the value of the club.

Thought he made a reasonable argument personally.  

22 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I personally hope Rio realises he’s wasting oxygen and stops breathing. 

17 minutes ago, bluedave said:

If he plays as 'badly' as he did today for the rest of the season I'll be f**king delighted. 

If he scored like he did today almost every match day and not one in every 8 games I'm sure everyone else will be f**cking delighted mate. 

Well we got 3 points and solidified our 4th spot yet it seemed hard work.

At half time despite our overwhelming possession we had the same shots as Newcastle.

Something is clearly not working when teams come here to park the bus.

1 hour ago, atomis said:

As long as we get top 4 and f**king back the man then its all ok. But yes our game is very slow and boring, very 1 dimensional and predictable......

1 hour ago, mojo said:

f**k this sh*t man we won

edited seconds after initial poast :wink:

That was poor today. Maybe some of them hoped newcastle would just give up when we got the 1st.

Rudiger is some boy. Azpilacueta is going through a bad patch and I think he's covering for it. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Ouch. I hope that wasn’t Luiz knee bending backwards. That looked like a sore one

I cringed. A hyperextended knee basically ended my competitive playing career when I was 17. I'm 6'1 and could run like the wind. After that, I was 6'1 and not good enough to not he fast. 

Glad he ran it off and got back out there. 

4 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Willian averages one goal every 7.5 games at Chelsea. It's been 11 games since his last goal, so he's due!

Good call mate...  Now we have to deal with another frustrating run of games where the lad steals a living

1 hour ago, robdog said:

Welcome aboard. A few things about this place. You will find many knee jerk fans that go off the deep in for every slip or bad play.

What he said... the match day thread is the place for emotion and overreaction. 

The general chat is a bit more level headed as people more calmly adhere to their own preconceived notions and bias ::ChELSeAFaN::