Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Sat 12th Jan 17:30 UK

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

Giroud :laugh2: and don't think CHO is going to make much difference tbh. 

It would change everything. Willian has been useless again, so bringing Hudson-Odoi on would give us more in attack. Bring Giroud on and Hazard can move out left and we can actually try something other than passing side to side which is getting us nowhere.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Every match for this team is a contest, don't matter how sh!te the opposition are. Team just crumbles constantly

They are making it look hard. Not moving the ball fast enough. They show glimpses of the passing game and movement that Sarri wants, then other times it looks nothing like it. We don't have a front three making the movement Napoli's front three had, or even City's front three have. Only pedro is making those movements, and Hazard is finding the false 9 position awkward. We need a striker suited to the system, but the board are pissing about going after Wilson ffs. 

Never seen a top 4/6 team capitulate as much as we do....Jorghino offers as much as a wet cream cracker.....best get our act together the next 45....Giroud and CHO have to come on and ditch Willian and Kovacic....although Hazard isn't exactly lighting the place up, totally crowded out down the centre.   

Hazard having a shocker, maybe his worst game in a Chelsea shirt. No surprise, since he's not a striker, despite what Sarri thinks.

Jorginho, the less said the better.

I'm just so tired of us getting the ball with the opportunity to break quickly and just jogging around, waiting for the opposition to get back. You watch teams like Liverpool and they play quickly, they are always moving for the ball, we are just stationary.

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I can't believe I'm saying it but lately we are even more boring than what we were under Conte and Mourinho. We have nothing to show for what we do. 

And the usual suspects again are underperforming as usual... Doesn't matter though they'll be starting next game. 

I agree, this is boring. Barcelona / Spain without any end product. I have never enjoyed possession based football, it bores me to sleep. It's only enjoyable when it's played at pace.

This Sarriball stuff just doesn't work in this league in my opinion. I don't think Sarri knows how to deal with it. Put 9-10 players on the edge of the18 yard box and we're fcked. I have seen nothing this season to show we have any idea how to break through a defence. We either suck teams out by tippy tapping around our own box and then breaking or Luiz hits a worldy on to a runner. The rest of the 92 1/2 minutes we spend on the edge of their box side to side and creating nothing. What is this style please?

If this manager is trying to make a point to the board by playing Hazard up front then someone needs to send a rocket up his arse, we are completely nullifying one of the most potent attacking players in world football and it is for this reason he will probably leave in the summer. We are playing relegation fodder at home- put a f**king centre forward on the pitch and utilise him in the way you should when a team turns up to sit deep and play on the counter. 

And while you're at it Sarri, take off Willian who seems to know his time at the club is up while for some reason you can't see it. The fans may forgive you if we lose Hazard for 200 million, but I can't see it happening if we lose Hudson Odoi

I mean... are we actually surprised?

Hazard struggling as a false 9.

Willian stinking up the joint and looking like he couldn’t tap a ball into an empty net.

Jorginho being a defensive liability and looks like he’s running in treacle.

Kovacic busy but offering nothing in attack.

These are the same things we see every game but Smokey Joe just keeps picking the same players and system every game expecting different results.

*shrugs*

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I agree, this is boring. Barcelona / Spain without any end product. I have never enjoyed possession based football, it bores me to sleep. It's only enjoyable when it's played at pace.

Nail on the head mate, I’m not a fan of it either unless like you say it’s played at pace and the ball is moved quickly. We don’t do that, the only twice we’ve looked dangerous is two balls over the top - the goal & the miss by Willian. 

1 minute ago, Andy2461 said:

Been saying it for ages mate. He brings nothing to the team at all

I was told this week he processes the ball. Before he gets it the ball is un-processed. He touches it 5 yards at which point it becomes processed. Only Jorginho can do this.

Apparently.