Please check your email address

I've been getting around 50 emails a day back to the forum email address, where people have chosen to subscribe to topics etc and their email addresses are no longer valid. I'm baffled to why people click follow topics to get notified via email when the email isn't even in use, but anyway....

There are a few members that I've had to turn off notifications for to quiet down the inbox and don't want to start having to delete members.

So go to your settings here and check to see if it's still your current email address. If not, just update it.

• 1 month later...

my god how many times do I have to save my settings to get this site to stop sending me notifications to my email? It never did it before until today and its sent me 15 emails. Is there hidden settings pages that I have to unlock to get these notifications to stop? Idk why this site all the sudden started sending them.

Hopefully, I've turned them all off.  goodness that was annoying.

• 7 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Still getting some returned mails from notification emails, so will tag members in this topic that need to update email address. Cheers.

@cfcforeverfan

@ducavis

@Billy

I keep receiving all the notification email when I open my email account, is there anything I need to do here?

tbh I dont really want to receive all these whenever there is a new comment in those post lol

10 hours ago, cfcforeverfan said:

I keep receiving all the notification email when I open my email account, is there anything I need to do here?

tbh I dont really want to receive all these whenever there is a new comment in those post lol

I had that, my email was completely full of emails from the forum. Every thread that got a new comment seemed to send me an email. I assume I clicked the wrong button somewhere. But was really easy to resolve, I just gave my phone to my wife and asked her to fix it. Took her less than 30 seconds.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

You might as well add that as your new email address, cause yours was one of the returned mails ones :biggrin:

Ha ha.

It isn't though is it? I've been getting notifications to my email. Is there maybe a fault where you get a returned message even when it does actually get sent ok?

On 18/10/2019 at 21:38, Mod Stark said:

@bluehaze Could you update your email address in profile settings, all your mail is getting returned, cheers.

I'll try really sorry I thought I had the email I used I've forgotten the password. I used the turn off notifications in my settings I thought that would have sorted it sorry again.

@bluehaze That post was a little while back and think I messaged you back then. It’s all been okay recently.

@dkw It actually was yea 😀 the one with the two letters in, but I think you’re right in that, if that mail server is down when you get notifications, it’ll just return to sender.

I normally just turn people’s notifications off so if your email is correct and you’ve not been getting notifications, it’s worth switching it back on.

8 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

@bluehaze That post was a little while back and think I messaged you back then. It’s all been okay recently.

@dkw It actually was yea 😀 the one with the two letters in, but I think you’re right in that, if that mail server is down when you get notifications, it’ll just return to sender.

I normally just turn people’s notifications off so if your email is correct and you’ve not been getting notifications, it’s worth switching it back on.

Just noticed it was from 2019 blame it on the pub being open and having a groggy head 😁.