Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Wearyourblue

Leandro Paredes

Recommended Posts


Looks way more incisive and aggressive passing in the final 1/3 than Jorginho and frankly he cant be any worse defensively. 

May not be the best player we could sign but he's entering his prime and Sarri is familiar with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to be dragging on. 

Presumably the club were aware of fabregas's probably departure a few weeks ago, what concerns me is if we identified Paredas as his replacement, why not get the deal done asap, since zenit haven't played for a couple of months, and Paredas is going to need time to his match fitness up, along with adapting to a new country, and new system.

Surely the early rounds of the fa cup, and this week with no midweek fixture, it wouldve perfect if he was here at the start of the month.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big blue said:

This seems to be dragging on. 

Presumably the club were aware of fabregas's probably departure a few weeks ago, what concerns me is if we identified Paredas as his replacement, why not get the deal done asap, since zenit haven't played for a couple of months, and Paredas is going to need time to his match fitness up, along with adapting to a new country, and new system.

Surely the early rounds of the fa cup, and this week with no midweek fixture, it wouldve perfect if he was here at the start of the month.

 

Forgive my ignorance - why haven't Zenit played in a couple of months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/1/2019 at 18:13, Old Shaggy said:

I saw nothing in that video that suggests he will be any better than what we already have. It's easy to pass it about when there is no pressure from oppo players. It's completely different when your being pressed to death, as Jorginho has found out.

Playing out under pressure has been the biggest and best change Sarri has brought so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Forgive my ignorance - why haven't Zenit played in a couple of months?

they have a long winter break. Months was an exaggeration, but their last game was 13th December, next game is 12th February, and their the players haven't been training. I think they have just come back from 3/4 week holiday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, big blue said:

they have a long winter break. Months was an exaggeration, but their last game was 13th December, next game is 12th February, and their the players haven't been training. I think they have just come back from 3/4 week holiday. 

Interesting, I didn't realize the Russian league had such a long break, practically 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Interesting, I didn't realize the Russian league had such a long break, practically 2 months.

They are European games, they don't play a league game until March! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, big blue said:

They are European games, they don't play a league game until March! 

Might be the only league that doesn't have to make a major adjustment for WC 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

PSG have made an official bid for Paredes, while Chelsea have not taken any official steps for the player. Well, I guess that's that then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

PSG have tabled a 31m bid for him.

They're losing Rabiot in the summer so Paredes might be bought in to replace him? 

We're looking to bring him in and asking him to play second fiddle to Jorginho which is going to be a tough sell to any incoming player. The limited playing time was what prompted Cesc to leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know much about Paredes and don't want to watch some highlight video on YouTube that nitpicks all his best moments. What kind of midfielder is he? Chelsea bringing him in to back up Jorginho? Kante? Is he more of a defensive, distribution mid or a more a creator and play-maker? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ledgerson said:

 

PSG have made an official bid for Paredes, while Chelsea have not taken any official steps for the player. Well, I guess that's that then.

All sounds very familiar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently the board are unsure on another midfielder due to the chance of blocking Mason Mount's path at the club. Yes you heard it right. Meanwhile Sarri said we need a fabregas replacement.

Not sure who is going to take the regista role. I don't think Ampadu is close to taking that role yet. Mason Mount is on loan, so we need somebody in this window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, enigma said:

So apparently the board are unsure on another midfielder due to the chance of blocking Mason Mount's path at the club. Yes you heard it right. Meanwhile Sarri said we need a fabregas replacement.

Not sure who is going to take the regista role. I don't think Ampadu is close to taking that role yet. Mason Mount is on loan, so we need somebody in this window. 

From The Guardian ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mount is surely going to compete for that left centre midfield role, I'm not sure why signing a back up regista would even effect him. Realistically I can't see a squad that has RLC Mount and Barkley all in it.

Ampadu is a fantastic prospect, but again, I don't see him covering for jorginho, maybe kante, but Sarri has uses him almost exclusively at centre back, and said he would be replacing cahill in the pecking order. 

Personally i think we could do with another specialist. I like the look of Paredas but it seems we have taken too long to get it done, and now psg have come in and drives the price beyond what we would want to play for a back up player. 

If we didn't have a replacement lined up, we should've just kept fabregas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...