coco

Arsenal V Chelsea (PL) Sat 19th Jan 17:30 UK

What is the most amazing thing is that a professional football club on this level has no sports director to develope the club but that it has all sorts of amateurs hustling around. 

Just now, brownindian said:

Since Giroud came on Chelsea did not concede  and had our first shot on goal and kept the ball better. Had we done thing from the beginning we would not have conceded and that would have been a good result for Chelsea. 

Since Giroud came on Chelsea did not concede? Chelsea did not concede since minute 39'. Ok so if Giroud had played from the start we wouldn't have conceded and wouldn't have lost? How come you are the only one that sees Giroud in that way, whole Arsenal saw him as a bench warmer and sold him, Conte saw him as a bench warmer after he tried to play him, Sarri sees him as a bench warmer...but OK, had he played in the first lineup, things would have gone better lets believe in that.

We have been struggling for many weeks now, scraping wins against weak teams like Newcastle and losing to lower and mid-table teams like Wolves, draws with others when wins were expected; our position in the league should be considered false; the reality is we are a 6th or 7th place team at the moment and until Sarri takes his head out of his arse and see what's happening around him that's where we'll finish.  Now whether the Board has a lot to do with this mess I don't know, but like Conte it seems he's not getting the players he wants and it appears he's getting a bit upset with the transfers; however at the end of the day there is no excuse for performance like we have witnessed today. 

This team has no balls in midfield and certainly no balls up front; when is the last crunching tackle you saw from our midfield to stamp their authority on a game?  When was the last time our CF got into a scrap in the opponents box?, it appears those days have long gone and no-one fears us anymore, we are weak in midfield with no one willing to drive at the opposition or at least take a shot from outside the box, no we will keep possession and pass, pass, pass everyone to sleep...you can stuff this passing crap where it belongs...in Spain or Italy..it doesn't work here......

That was just f**king awful. I hate tikka takka football espeacially the way we play it with no forward momentum and no penatration. 

A blind man in a galloping horse could see that Hazard is not a false 9 nor is he happy playing there. I think Morata is our best option at CF, Giroud is just not doing it for us.

This is the first negative thing I’ve said about Sarri but ffs wake up man and change things around, golden boy has been sh*t this past two months with teams having worked him out so have balls and park him on the bench for a while.

i could rant all night but f**k it if I’m going to let such an inept performance spoil my evening. 

Again, no point in analysing that performance, we’re all just repeating ourselves. Sarri is stubborn and has no idea how to turn a game around, it’s just like for like swaps. It’s a three horse race for that 4th spot and I’m sorry, we’re coming 5th or 6th I feel, we’re not as good as Arsenal or United. It will take a lot more than Higuain for Sarri to turn this around, there is some dead wood that needs removing, but can I see us getting the business done in the summer? Hugely debatable, if we have no champions league football again, which looks likely, then it’ll be more difficult. I cannot see Sarri staying longer than next season, the hope is that we improve drastically over time, I’m not sure if that will happen and the board don’t have the patience either, I don’t want to be so negative but Sarri might just be another one out the door, gutted. 

Edited by Floyd25

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Since Giroud came on Chelsea did not concede? Chelsea did not concede since minute 39'. Ok so if Giroud had played from the start we wouldn't have conceded and wouldn't have lost? How come you are the only one that sees Giroud in that way, whole Arsenal saw him as a bench warmer and sold him, Conte saw him as a bench warmer after he tried to play him, Sarri sees him as a bench warmer...but OK, had he played in the first lineup, things would have gone better lets believe in that.

Conte plays counter attacking football and not possession based football.  That requires a striker who is clinical something Giroud is not. That is why Giroud was not fit for Conte's system. Are you just going to pretend that Giroud did not start any of the France games when they wont he world cup ?

The role of a manager is to put his players in a formation and tactics that maximizes their strengths so that they can win matches, not to have an ideal formation and force it without any regard for if the formation helps the team, works on the opposition or improves the team.  And yes you are right, If Giroud had started things would have gone better. 

I’ve tried to be patient but this football is dire. How on earth Alonso keeps getting picked is beyond me and Jorginho .... what does he do that other midfielders can’t do.  I can pass the damn ball 5 yards sideways!!!

The team look unhappy and clueless which is a worry. Very disappointed as I believed the Sarri hype.

Okay so i am a bit emotional (again!) and opening myself up for Yorkley to castigate me for my insistence on voicing opinion over fact but its the way i feel right now.

This team, as a collective, this philosophy and playing style, a dozen or so of the players from the overall squad, the manager and (dare i say it) unfortunately his much beloved assistant seem to me to be completely out of touch with what is needed to compete and succeed in this country.

I have seen changed tactical philosophies and of course they take time to bed in. Klopp, Guardiola. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. But Emery, Nuno Santo, you can see progress. They may be small steps but there is progress. I'm still not sure of our best 11. We seem to be playing our best players out of position, accomodating others regardless and just hoping that it all clicks.

Ah. bollox, another Doombar for me, fck it.

2 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

I have reached such level of apathy that I can't be bothered to comment anything about the game.  Is there anything on Netflix worth watching?

I’ve got Prine as well as Netflix, War dogs is worth a watch.

We should go to 4-2-3-1 and get all our round pegs in round holes.

The 2 any two from Kante, Kovacic, and Ampadu

The 3 - Pedro and CHO wide. Hazard in the middle as #10. Willian can be the "impact" sub.

The 1 up top - Higuain.

Park Jorginho and Sarriball until we actually have the right personnel for him to work with as the Sarriball regista.

Edited by Sexyfootball

Seems like before a game right now it’s a toss up between whether we scrape a win by a single goal or look completely impotent and get completely dicked on.

Where is the turning point? We’ve been pretty bad for two or more months now.

I don’t blame the players for this. This is just down to Sarri. We regularly watch games these days where teams set up for certain games. Arseheads and Spurms have both prepared and set up to beat us recently yet we just seem to turn up to play one way. The lack of variation in our play is terrible. I’m not normally reactionary like this but I’m done with Sarri. This is Scolari and AVB all over again.

Just now, Sexyfootball said:

We should go to 4-2-3-1 and get all our round pegs in round holes.

The 2 any two from Kante, Kovacic, and Ampadu

The 3 - Pedro and CHO wide. Hazard in the middle as #10.

The 1 up top - Higuain.

Park Jorginho and Sarriball until we actually have the right personnel for him to work with as the Sarriball regista.

Sarri has been quoted on numerous occasions as saying that he doesn’t need to spend big or get a lot of activity in the transfer market as he’s a coach and he coaches the players at his disposal. 

What on earth is he coaching them on? How to pass the ball back and forth from touchline to touchline? You would expect to see some form of progress, we just seem to be going further and further backwards.

Jose I tell you he can change his tactical philosophy and help us get top 4 and once he's out of favor look for the next manager just keep changing we will continue to win