coco

Arsenal V Chelsea (PL) Sat 19th Jan 17:30 UK

Just now, Sexyfootball said:

We should go to 4-2-3-1 and get all our round pegs in round holes.

The 2 any two from Kante, Kovacic, and Ampadu

The 3 - Pedro and CHO wide. Hazard in the middle as #10.

The 1 up top - Higuain.

Park Jorginho and Sarriball until we actually have the right personnel for him to work with as the Sarriball regista.

You think Sarri will change things up?

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c437c3470374833631

5 minutes ago, brownindian said:

Conte plays counter attacking football and not possession based football.  That requires a striker who is clinical something Giroud is not. That is why Giroud was not fit for Conte's system. Are you just going to pretend that Giroud did not start any of the France games when they wont he world cup ?

The role of a manager is to put his players in a formation and tactics that maximizes their strengths so that they can win matches, not to have an ideal formation and force it without any regard for if the formation helps the team, works on the opposition or improves the team.  And yes you are right, If Giroud had started things would have gone better. 

France did win the World Cup and Giroud did play, but he didn't score a single goal in many minutes,games during the whole tournament.
OK I agree, Giroud should start every game from now on. And Sarri should get fired. You should be the manager.

Jorginho and Kovacic together (2 v. 0) could play against an open net and not only would they not score, they wouldn’t create any chances.  

Playing our best players out of position and 3 others, at least, that are anonymous.... it’s getting old and the only hope appears to be Higuain.  He better be in the form of his life or it’s Europa League again for us.  

Totally fed up with our performances of late. Watching us against Newcastle last week felt like an ordeal. I thought we couldn’t possibly play as poorly again. Wrong. I’d echo most of the comments already made here on the match itself, we had more of the ball and managed to never look like scoring, whereas Arsenal seemed to create 4 or 5 real quality chances. Even in stoppage time at 2-0 down everything we did was sidewards. 

What can we change? I think we have to give up on Hazard as false 9, it worked against Man City and hasn’t worked since. I desperately hope Higuain comes in and changes things for us. Our full backs lack intent going forward and we hardly ever get in behind teams. The only time we do is the odd diagonal ball from David Luiz. We have to move the ball quicker and we have to move the ball with intent. I want to see Alonso and Azpilicueta busting a gut to get past our wide players, not ambling into the box trying to play one-twos through 4 players. 

If we start the same 11 against Spurs on Thursday and play the same way then Sarri unfortunately deserves whatever comes to him. 

In my opinion, from the current squad, Alonso, Drinkwater, Barkley, Caballero, Moses, Kovacic, Zappacosta, Willian, Cahill, Morata and Green and all not good enough for the level that we are currently at and where we want to get to. That's eleven players and i'm still uncerain whether Jorginho, Emerson, Giroud or Kepa are going to step up and continue to improve to play at the very top level.

Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu, Christensen and Piazon are still pretty unproven, for whateever reason and whoever's fault.

It leaves for me, pretty much Rudiger, Luiz, Hazard and Kante as our A-listers. two centrebacks and two other playing out of their favoured position. Bleak.

I'm sure I'm not the first in here to note this but we were Arsenal today.

Passing lots, tippy tappy, but toothless in front of goal and mentally fragile at the other end. 

Sarri needs to fix the ludicrous lack of movement. We're so static we don't ask the defender to make a decision. 

Sorry that's a rant, the sky is not falling, but lets not forget we sacked a Premier League winning manager for this dross, and that those that undermined him (Luiz and Willian) are somehow key elements of the squad. Lets also not forget the large investment in his own signings that our Premier League winning manager was never gifted.

Edited by Spiller86

5 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Was at work, listened in the radio and it sound like we were pretty sh*t. Not sure I want to watch MOTD tonight :sad:

match came down to two plays - the Lacazette goal & the Koscielny goal. If you ask me, Alonso didn't do much wrong. Lacazette's goal was a moment of magic. Alonso did good but Lacazette did better. Koscielny got a lucky bounce off of his shoulder for his goal. He totally missed his header for that goal. :sad:

Edited by robdog

Is it possible we could appoint a manager who is graced with some fecking common sense...Willian, Pedro, Hazard as a front three against Arsenal's baxk four...Jesus Christ...what a load of f**king w**k...why didn't we just not turn up and just gift the game...Sarri mate f**king wake up or f**k off and take your cancer sticks woth you...twat...

2 minutes ago, robdog said:

match came down to two plays - the Lacazette goal & the Koscielny. If you ask me, Alonso didn't do much wrong. Lacazette's goal was a moment of magic. Alonso did good but Lacazette did better. Koscielny got a lucky bounce off of his shoulder for his goal. He totally missed his header for that goal. :sad:

And the other 4 chances that they should have scored. That was easy for Arsenal today, they were so comfortable that they could sit off in the second half and bring a few kids on. It definitely didn't come down to two plays. If Arsenal needed too, they could have stepped up another gear in the 2nd half. It was a horrible game to watch.

3 minutes ago, robdog said:

match came down to two plays - the Lacazette goal & the Koscielny. If you ask me, Alonso didn't do much wrong. Lacazette's goal was a moment of magic. Alonso did good but Lacazette did better. Koscielny got a lucky bounce off of his shoulder for his goal. He totally missed his header for that goal. :sad:

image.png.25883aa0b26cb73994857354d0735b73.png

But surely 13 shots and 1 on target, which wasn't dangerous anyway, is the most telling aspect of our game today.

7 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Is it possible we could appoint a manager who is graced with some fecking common sense...Willian, Pedro, Hazard as a front three against Arsenal's baxk four...Jesus Christ...what a load of f**king w**k...why didn't we just not turn up and just gift the game...Sarri mate f**king wake up or f**k off and take your cancer sticks woth you...twat...

Your post is the first thing that has made me laugh this evening lol

14 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Was at work, listened in the radio and it sound like we were pretty sh*t. Not sure I want to watch MOTD tonight :sad:

I'd work overtime for free rather than watch tonight.

3 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Sarriball has been figured out. The midfield diamond used by arsenal just like Tottenham used against us totally nullified Jorginho. I honestly don't see the difference in Mikel and Jorginho. Most people think Higuaín will be our most important signing but I think the parades will be more important. Higuaín wont be able to get fed with jorginho being totally marked out of the game same way Hazard was an island today since our HUB (JORGINHO) was innefective .. Parades actually has drive and some bite along with his passing while jorginho can only pass the ball.. 

Coming back from that Arab stadium and a few things clear: north London is a sh*thole; the ground is not very nice, all cement; they’re rubbish; we’ve lost to a crap team we shouldn’t have lost to. 

Somehow we've managed to turn Kante into Ramires 2.0, a nightmare scenario:slap_face: Just stick Luiz in midfield. We surely can't get any worse than we are currently. Entire team was wack. Tragic stuff. 

4 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Sarriball has been figured out. The midfield diamond used by arsenal just like Tottenham used against us totally nullified Jorginho. I honestly don't see the difference in Mikel and Jorginho. Most people think Higuaín will be our most important signing but I think the parades will be more important. Higuaín wont be able to get fed with jorginho being totally marked out of the game same way Hazard was an island today since our HUB (JORGINHO) was innefective .. Parades actually has drive and some bite along with his passing while jorginho can only pass the ball.. 

I thought he was going to PSG now though.

Sarri's stubborness in sticking with his one way of playing will cost us dearly and maybe eventually his job. 

Jorginho has become almost useless. If he is indeed tired as Sarri claims, why not rest him and try something else in midfield? I dunno, maybe 4231 or some form of it with Kante in defensive midfield? We have cover in defence, so maybe try Luiz in midfield? He has the eye for a pass, and I doubt he would do worse than Jorginho. I watched only the first half and realized we would get nothing from the game and decided to switch it off. 

43 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Danny Dyer; I thought you supported West Ham :laugh2:

Manager Maurizio Sarri said it seems his Chelsea players are "very difficult to motivate" as he heavily criticised their performance in defeat by Arsenal.

The Blues lost 2-0 at the Emirates Stadium and only had one shot on target in the match.

Chelsea have only won two of their last five matches and are now just three points clear of fifth-placed Arsenal and sixth-placed Manchester United.

"I'm really angry about the approach that we adopted today," Sarri said.

"It's an approach we can't really accept."

In a remarkable press conference after the defeat, Sarri said he wanted to speak in his native Italian rather than English "because I want to send a message to my players and I want my message to be very clear".

"I have to say I'm extremely angry, very angry indeed," said Sarri, who took over as Chelsea manager at the start of the season. "This defeat was due to our mentality, more than anything else.

"This is something I can't accept.

"This group of players are extremely difficult to motivate.

"You can find yourself in difficulties from time to time, but we need to react to those difficulties a lot better than we did today.

"This is not a team that is going to be well known for its battling qualities but we need to become a team that is capable of adapting, possibly suffering for 10 or 15 minutes then playing our own football.

"Today we didn't play our own football."

More to follow.

Just got home after a thoroughly miserable afternoon at the Emirates .... what can be worse than sitting with a bunch of celebrating Gooners when you know you’re never going to score even if we were still playing! I lost count of the times I turned to my mate when we were on the “attack” (duh!) and said “he doesn’t have a clue what to do with it” when any one of our players was on the ball!

Alonso? Give me a break ... clueless, useless and anything else ending in “less”! Jorghino ... might have been good in Italy, and may even come good here, but right now he should not be in the team ... simples! Pedrillian? Two identically useless players except one smiles and one snarls! Kovachic? What’s that all about?

The only positive from today will hopefully be that Sarri has to realise that this team is no good and cannot score goals. How do we win on Thursday if we can’t score? I can’t see Higuan making that much difference but we fans always live in hope ...

“it would appear this group of players are very difficult to motivate". I appreciate the honesty Sarri, but you pick the same team week in, week out....didn’t think that one through did he.