Chelsea v Spuds (LC) Thur 24th Jan 19:45 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, wallosh said:

I will like Ampadu in Jorginho's place for this game.
And does the away goal rule apply here?

I think they have scrapped the away goal rule, and any score relating in an aggregate draw would result in extra time and pens. So if we win 2-1 to make it 2-2 on aggregate - we shouldn't be stung by the away goal rule.

I think they have scrapped the away goal rule, and any score relating in an aggregate draw would result in extra time and pens. So if we win 2-1 to make it 2-2 on aggregate - we shouldn't be stung by the away goal rule.
Thanks, I feel a bit relieved.

36 minutes ago, wallosh said:

I will like Ampadu in Jorginho's place for this game.
And does the away goal rule apply here?

Only after extra time...and yes Ampudu should come in for this game...

Kepa

Dave SSB Rudiger Emerson

Ampudu Kante 

Barkley

CHO Higuain Hazard

Edited by doctorblue

Only after extra time...and yes Ampudu should come in for this game...
Kepa
Dave SSB Rudiger Emerson
Ampudu Kante 
Barkley
CHO Higuain Hazard
This team with Giroud in the attack and Hazard on the wing would have gotten us a better result against arsenal.

I've got a good feeling about this match.

Lets show no mercy and put this small club from North London back in our shadow where they belong. 

Once we do that we can look forward to a nice easy final against Burton :biggrin:

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!! 

::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::

I haven’t really seen enough of  Higuain to make any comment, but I have little trust in Sarri’s judgement as a talent spotter - Jorginho, Kovachic and even Kepa are hardly ringing endorsements. Also, I’ve posted before about our recruitment of strikers who are past their best,  e.g. Sheva, Torres, etc. 

37 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I thought we would beat Arsenal yet it all went wrong now think we will knock out Spurs.

Can't see us non-performing for two matches against big rivals in succession.

I think this is how Arsenal felt going into the game with us and I hope you are right. The league game in late February will be important for a host of reasons and a win against them on Thursday can help our players state of mind.

At my age I should know better but am getting excited about Thursday’s match.

Come on Chels!

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I thought we would beat Arsenal yet it all went wrong now think we will knock out Spurs.

Can't see us non-performing for two matches against big rivals in succession.

50 minutes ago, The Swan said:

I think this is how Arsenal felt going into the game with us and I hope you are right. The league game in late February will be important for a host of reasons and a win against them on Thursday can help our players state of mind.

At my age I should know better but am getting excited about Thursday’s match.

Come on Chels!

that match vs the gooners I was sure CFC would find the back of the net - even when I saw Giroud & CHO come on, but it wasn't meant to be - I hope getting Higuain can provide a boost for CFC to end out the season on a High

Can't wait for this one. After so many years I will finally be able to see the Chels at the Stamford Bridge. I expect much better performance than our last match and I hope We will be able to listen to One Step Beyond after the final whistle!

Come on Chelsea!!!::ChELSeAFaN::

22 minutes ago, Preap said:

Can't wait for this one. After so many years I will finally be able to see the Chels at the Stamford Bridge. I expect much better performance than our last match and I hope We will be able to listen to One Step Beyond after the final whistle!

Come on Chelsea!!!::ChELSeAFaN::

Taking part in the Chants & hearing Liquidator is good feeling as well - enjoy

Hmm I wonder if @Spudulike will venture back onto The Shed End again - spuds had some some success the past couple of seasons, he might as well come back now

13 hours ago, OnePeterOsgood said:

I haven’t really seen enough of  Higuain to make any comment, but I have little trust in Sarri’s judgement as a talent spotter - Jorginho, Kovachic and even Kepa are hardly ringing endorsements. Also, I’ve posted before about our recruitment of strikers who are past their best,  e.g. Sheva, Torres, etc. 

I'll give you the matter of our club recruiting off the boil strikers, but Kepa not a talent...? 

Besides, is Sarri the one that insists on buying/lending specific players, in this instance Higuain? Or is it a matter of an opportunity presenting itself, and Sarri not objecting grabbing it? It's all murky to me.

15 hours ago, OnePeterOsgood said:

I haven’t really seen enough of  Higuain to make any comment, but I have little trust in Sarri’s judgement as a talent spotter - Jorginho, Kova?i? and even Kepa are hardly ringing endorsements. Also, I’ve posted before about our recruitment of strikers who are past their best,  e.g. Sheva, Torres, etc. 

This is nonsense. Jorginho is out of form, but he showed us all at the beginning of the season what he could do. Kova is a young, extremely gifted technical player who needs to work on his attacking play some more, and Kepa has barely put a foot wrong. 

We are fortunate that Spurs are missing some key players but they are still a decent team, and have the key advantage from the first leg. It is vital that we attack from the start and score first I think. I will be worried if we start with  false 9 again. If we don't have a new striker by then (which looks increasingly likely to be the case) we should start with Giroud.

There wont be a better opportunity to beat Spurs than right now, they're missing so many.

Its a cliché but the first goal will be key, if we get it I can see us winning 2-0/3-1.

I do hope after Sarri acting up during the press conference the other day that he follows through and benches a few players.

I'd like to see 

Kepa

Dave Rudi Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Odoi Giroud Hazard

If available, swap Giroud for Higuain, we just have to end this false 9 sh*t.