coco

Chelsea v Spuds (LC) Thur 24th Jan 19:45 UK

Apart from the Willian sub, thought Sarri got it right today.  Seems like calling the team out after the Arsenal loss paid off, great response from the team today, especially in the first half.

Hazard back on the wing breathed new life into the team. 

Emerson played his way into the team. Should be starting ahead of Alonso now I think. Alonso needs a few games on the bench. 

Kante had a fantastic game. Did everything you would want from a box to box MF

Giroud played himself out of the team. Can't have any complaints about playing time after those 2 sitters at the end. Let's see what Higs can do. 

Willian......SMH

27 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Can we invite that EngineerJoe bloke back on here for an hour or so ? His lovely Poch got done, and we didn't even need any help from Callum Wilson ... :)

Prefer if we wait until Higuaín scores a couple.

Edited by Strider6003

31 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I can't believe people are complaining about Sarri

That result was down to old school Chelsea, hitting teams with pace, it’s when we're great.

If & huge if, Sarri can harness that into his system, we’ll be unbeatable. I said it earlier, when we could we bypassed Jorginho and moved the ball into dangerous positions instead of pissing around with it.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer, but watch the video Sarri and learn from it & you'll do well.

Thought we were excellent all over tonight. Barkley needs too many touches and Willian....well, but back to front i thought it was pretty much all we have been asking for, high intensity, quick passing, movement off the ball, and a bit more clinical finishing and we would have been out of sight. Good performance.

Oh, but of course Spuds only lost cos Kane, Son and Alli were missing. So i think my MOTM will be a joint award to Poch and Daniel Levy cos apparently they don't need to strengthen their squad, they have enough quality in depth.