Gonzalo Higuain

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, rtwelch said:

Can you imagine if we actually managed to get a good striker. One that is young and hungry and can actually run fast. And tries all season. The amount of games where we're not really on it, but we win anyway because they're just a good striker and they actually score goals. A boy can dream.

His name is Tammy Abraham. One of our own.

I'd like to see the Higuain and Sarri out threads merged. It is one and the same thing. The fact that Sarri picks Higuain means he should be out. 

I hope the transfer ban is upheld for bringing in players from Serie A. It will help us.

“For a striker it is difficult to get used to the Premier League, for every striker, I remember Suarez at Liverpool in first season only scores three goals, then 16, then 24, but it’s difficult to adapt to this Premier League. I think in the next season he will be able to score a lot.”

-Maurizio Sarri; source: BBC

I can’t fathom how anyone but a blind man cannot see how unsuited Higuain is in age and ability to play up top in this system in this league. 

10 minutes ago, General said:

“For a striker it is difficult to get used to the Premier League, for every striker, I remember Suarez at Liverpool in first season only scores three goals, then 16, then 24, but it’s difficult to adapt to this Premier League. I think in the next season he will be able to score a lot.”

-Maurizio Sarri; source: BBC

I can’t fathom how anyone but a blind man cannot see how unsuited Higuain is in age and ability to play up top in this system in this league. 

This is my worry. Going by today's quotes, Sarri seems to think Higuain should stay next season. I will like to be proved wrong, but I just don't see it. The guy is very lazy, is offside all the time and his finishing is sh*t. I don't really see what Sarri sees in him. 

28 minutes ago, Stim said:

Remember when everyone would sh*t on Mourinho for publicly criticising players?

Its bang average cookie cutter answers to press conference questions. You expect him to throw him under the bus? Actually don't answer that I actually think people do think that would be a good idea.

He could just say ‘we’ll see what happens at the end of the season’. 

Comparing him to Suarez who signed for Liverpool at 24 is ridiculous. In 2 seasons time he references, Higuain will be 33 going on 34. What are the chances that someone of that age, who has struggled as badly as he has to adapt and has a known track record of not looking after their physical condition is going to get better? I would love to be wrong and he bangs in 30 goals a season for the next two years but that comparison by Sarri was laughable.

Just start Giroud every game until the end of the season. No point going on about just how bad Higuain has been (apt words), as it's so clear to everyone and it's Monday and that's depressing enough.

30 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Just start Giroud every game until the end of the season. No point going on about just how bad Higuain has been (apt words), as it's so clear to everyone and it's Monday and that's depressing enough.

Problem is Giroud can’t play 2 games in a week, 60mins in and his legs are gone. Crazy thing is if you believe Sarri, we have activated a year option on him. Sounds barmy when you consider he only scores in Europa. 

Personally I would draft in Redan & Castillo from our u19 till the end of the season. Our U19s are making their 4th appearance I think in the UEFA U19 Youth Final today, looking at the exploits of Sancho for Dortmund and Brahim Diaz when he has played for Madrid what harm can it do. You already have a situation where Ajax, Leicester & Everton have been linked with both Castillo & Redan. Both players will press like their lives depended on it and we need cover for CHO & a misfiring forward line. 

No matter how awful Higuain and Giroud are, until we know whats happening with the ban we cant really let anyone go unless we really have to. If the ban stands with no delay we will have to bring back loaned players to compete for places. If the ban is delayed we can buy replacements with the Hazard cash.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Asked if Higuain would stay at Stamford Bridge, Sarri replied: "In theory, yes.

Hopefully in reality, no. 

In this case for once I'm happy for the board to make the decisions on transfers.