Todd Boehly & Co buy Chelsea FC

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

16 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Yeah, I don’t think he was that involved. I can imagine he’s had a quick phone call with Bruce and was convinced by him, signed the papers.

Bruce Buck and Lawrence need to go.

Are you delusional enough to think Roman wasn’t aware of this from the very start, foremost he’s a very successful business man, that has an asset beyond only Man City and PSG, why cos he’s the Richest.

Make no mistake he sanctioned this, with advice from Marina and Bruce of course, but he wouldn’t jeopardise the actual fact of being left on the station as Gravy train ESL pulled off, he’s as culpable as the other Big 5 for agreeing, and if their wasn’t such a ‘Clusterf**k’ of a moral outrage it would run, with that nut job football Dictator Perez steering the Crazy bus to unseen riches......

On 21/04/2021 at 03:06, sonic90 said:

It was a difficult decision to make, if we jumped off the train and the SL went ahead, we could see the other 11 clubs + whichever one that replaces us in the SL overtake us after everything he built.

Imagine in a couple years time, Spurs and Arsenal would be raiding our best players like we're Southampton. He is rich but not City/PSG level where he could compete financially no matter what.

You hit the nail on the head, no team wanted to be left at the station while the other 5 went on to print money ! It was cleverly orchestrated but the presentation was garbage.

Big decisions are not made at Chelsea without Romans knowledge. He just didn't realize it wouldn't sell. Hard to have your finger on the pulse of the people when you live the lifestyle he enjoys.

Edited by gurru991
grammar

• 1 month later...

Quite interesting seeing him interact with the players. He obviously knows them well. You can tell the players react differently around him - definitely like the boss was in town. 

We didn’t see any shots of Marina. Anyone know if she was there? Assuming Cech was there as well?

Let's be thankful Roman still cares about his club unlike some owners. Mistakes have been made in the past and it can put owners off heavy investment. However, if you want to be competitive you have to invest. 

When we were signing Kai, Roman was cited as being very involved in the deal. Apparently Abramovich requested we sign him, as it was reported he was a big fan of Havertz. If this true then fair play because he was justified this past weekend.

Roman in the past has often lusted after players to the detriment of our team because they don't fit the system, coach or players around them. It's nice to see a deal he personally wanted pay off in such a good way. It's another reason why I never see Torres as a mistake, Roman wanted him and while he didn't set the world alight he helped us win the UCL and UEL.

Edited by LongtimerLurker

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Friend of a friend lives right next door to Cobham. Mr Abramovich arrived via helicopter under darkness today apparently - could Tuchel be in trouble after two poor games?

You cannot rule anything out with our club.

Better question is will TT be in trouble with @Munkworth if we do not win tomorrow?

Edited by axman2526

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Friend of a friend lives right next door to Cobham. Mr Abramovich arrived via helicopter under darkness today apparently - could Tuchel be in trouble after two poor games?

I'm assuming this is a joke? 😂

Even so as frustrated as some of us have been with recent games I doubt Abram is too concerned. Unless of course he's straight up used the owner card, this is my club and I as a fan of football want to see attractive football why am I not?

I mean realistically this is a question he may be asking himself, he's always lusted after the type of football City and to an extent Liverpool play now and wanted to bring it to England himself.

Through all the different exotic managers he's brought in he's never really found it (Carlo was probably the most attacking). I can imagine when Tuchel was sold to him he was led to believe he would bring an attacking brand of football and while the circumstances last season meant we had to play a certain way.

Now it's a new season we don't really have an excuse as to why we need 7-8 defensive players on the pitch at the same time (incl goalie).

Edit: We know Abram tolerates 'negative' football as long as it wins trophies so I'm still certain he wouldn't be looking to speak to Thomas about recent form just yet

Edited by LongtimerLurker

• 4 weeks later...