Roman Abramovich

Old Shaggy

19 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I have been looking around and seems UK still only allowing Russians who donate to the Tory party in.

He has an Israeli passport now. But entrance into the UK may still depend on donations to the right people :biggrin:

All without taking any Covid measures into account.

Edited by Valerie

He has an Israeli passport now. But entrance into the UK may still depend on donations to the right people :biggrin:
All without taking any Covid measures into account.

He's still Russian just will a different passport.

I mean we have one of the most corrupt world governments in the world and a billionaire can't find the right Minister to donate to. He needs better Aids.

7 hours ago, Brutos said:

I have been looking around and seems UK still only allowing Russians who donate to the Tory party in.

Looking after the local NHS wouldn’t have gone down well with the Tories. They historically don’t like the NHS, keeping those poor common people alive and all. Disgusting. 

16 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Am I the only one who thinks Roman doesn’t have much to do with our transfer activity this summer?

We haven’t spent much the past 2 or 3 windows, so the budget was getting bigger and bigger, plus the sale of players like Hazard and Morata.

This isn’t a dig or anything, just an observation.

He allowed the use of the transfer budget and gave the greenlight. That's his only contribution but it's already 200% better than any other owner. Some of the other owners would have probably pocketed the 100m

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Yea read that, and a bit confused, but if spurs got a whiff  of this, no wonder they wouldn't entertain flogging Modric to us, when he was so wanted by us....

Yes, quite likely. But it's amazing to see mutual dislike like this drag on for nearly two decades! Only person I can remember who moved between the clubs (after Roman) is Cuducini on a free? All during an era where players have moved between Chelsea and Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool both on frees and for sometimes large fees.

9 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Yes, quite likely. But it's amazing to see mutual dislike like this drag on for nearly two decades! Only person I can remember who moved between the clubs (after Roman) is Cuducini on a free? All during an era where players have moved between Chelsea and Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool both on frees and for sometimes large fees.

I wonder what started the Rift?

5 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Yea read that, and a bit confused, but if spurs got a whiff  of this, no wonder they wouldn't entertain flogging Modric to us, when he was so wanted by us....

I don't blame him for not doing business with Spurs. Fergie said that dealing with Levy was worse than his hip replacement. The signing of Berbatov back in the day almost drove Fergie to the funny farm.

• 2 weeks later...

6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Doesn't say anything about "right wing" though.

Elad is a right-wing organization that basically does ethnic cleansing in east Jerusalem.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/roman-abramovich-funded-israeli-settler-group-elad-palestinian-homes

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-companies-linked-to-roman-abramovich-donated-100-million-to-right-wing-group-1.9173187

Edited by PraetorianGuard

2 hours ago, dkw said:

All that and they even say in the article several times that it wasn't against the rules, so what's their point?

I hate to get into politics in this side of the forum but you're telling me that despite having access to concrete evidence of financial corruption by the rich and influential, the best the media can do is point at the unethical but legal dealings of an oligarch?

"Yes the rich might be milking society but THAT GUY IS RUINING SPORTSBALL"

When it says companies linked to Abramovich. This means he likely knew about their motives? I have no idea about the situation in the middle east. I know about the Palestinians and Israelis battling for land, right? That's about as much as I know. It sounds like a sh*tty situation for the Palestinians. 

Edited by enigma

8 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

I hate to get into politics in this side of the forum but you're telling me that despite having access to concrete evidence of financial corruption by the rich and influential, the best the media can do is point at the unethical but legal dealings of an oligarch?

"Yes the rich might be milking society but THAT GUY IS RUINING SPORTSBALL"

"Hes ruining football by doing something within the rules...grrr hes dreadful..."

11 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

In the first article it never mentions the "right wing" thing. Buying property in their own city, such a crime I'm blown away by it... Nah, Jewish population in Israel have been settling for quite some time now.

14 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

What does “does ethnic cleansing” mean please and please provide evidence other than from such impeccably impartial sources such as The Guardian and BBC Arabic News? Don’t think this is the place for this but you started it!